PDA

View Full Version : New Marines Commercial "Leap" - Watch it now!

thedrifter
06-07-08, 11:13 AM
The debut of "Leap" during Game One of the NBA Finals. If not, you can watch it now at Our. Marines. com.

http://our.marines.com/cms_content/showblogvideo/rel_id/591/id/1742

Ellie

GySgtRet
06-07-08, 11:39 AM
Of course I couldn't wait. I can only say that is was OUTSTANDING...!!!!

Thank you

:usmc:

jrhd97
06-07-08, 11:59 AM
Had to see it. Good to Go!!

CBS
06-09-08, 07:25 AM
OUTSTANDING is one way to state it but they are making some great ads !
I'm ready to go back !!

SF........>Chuck

SGT VAS
06-09-08, 07:45 AM
That is pretty fu*king Moto!

Eric Hood
06-17-08, 02:30 PM
Great!!

ecfree
06-17-08, 02:38 PM
BEAUTIFUL:thumbup:

yellowwing
06-17-08, 03:21 PM
Great clip!

maverickmarine
06-17-08, 04:21 PM
Good to go!

sgtjimh
07-07-08, 10:38 PM
Looks good. Good way to start a bass tournament.

davem2102
07-08-08, 05:33 AM
That was an outstanding look at what the Marine's are all about. :flag:

CplKJSpevak
07-08-08, 05:42 AM
That's an awesome commercial! However....I seem to remember that platform we had to step off at Parris Island being a HELL of a lot higher than that one in the commercial:) Semper Fi!

jetdawgg
07-08-08, 09:52 AM
Don't Quit!!!!!!!!!!!!:usmc:

Isrowei
07-08-08, 10:01 AM
Strangely this same commerical caught a lot of criticism from a Military Times article. Don't have the link on-hand but I'm sure someone could dig it up...

thedrifter
07-08-08, 10:25 AM
Strangely this same commerical caught a lot of criticism from a Military Times article. Don't have the link on-hand but I'm sure someone could dig it up...

Isrowei Sir...

Sorry to say...but we at this time are not allowed to post Anything from Military Times, since they believe if we post their articles we are taking business(money) from them...

They want You to buy their magazine....;)

The main idea of the article is saying it was racial....

Ellie

Isrowei
07-08-08, 11:24 AM
Gotcha. Little buggers.

The article I'm refering to actually did not run in their magazine and was only available via their webpage. I'll see if I can post a link. Then people can read it themselves. It was a first class piece of journalism... I swear.

Isrowei
07-08-08, 11:30 AM
Ah, here it is:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/06/military_swim_061208w/

Nice how the Army Times bubs got to have a comment... wow.

sscjoe
07-08-08, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the link Lt. It appears that the author is basing his conclusions on something said in 1993, most likely out of context. It's sure a hell of alot more moto than being Army strong!

Zulu 36
07-08-08, 05:30 PM
First class, indeed.

Well, I guess he ended up a better swimmer than this white boy. Does that make the Marine Corps racist too? Not teaching a white boy how to swim well enough to make the Recon indoc like the black guy?

Geeze, they'll grab at any stupid little thing just to cause trouble.

sparkie
07-08-08, 05:44 PM
"The main idea of the article is saying it was racial...."

Racial?????? WTF,,,,, Don't they know Marines are green? It figures,,,,, Harp on what does not apply. Pardon me while I CHECK MY FRIGGEN COLOR.

CplKJSpevak
07-08-08, 05:52 PM
To even come to that conclusion (That they were trying to say Dark Green Marines can't swim) is ridiculous, My initial reaction to the commercial was "There goes another kick ass U.S.M.C commericial!)

sparkie
07-08-08, 06:02 PM
Ok, Ok,,,,, I didn't read the article yet. However, in my experience, I have known Many Black Marines, and Black Americans,,,,Many friends gone by,,,,,,, But it is true in my experience, that due to a different muscle density, they tend to sink more than whites.
I'm not being stupid here, but I am a realist. I also know they can and do overcome, as a Marine does.
To bring this up as a cut is the Height of stupid, and I resent it on behalf of my many green friends.

Check my pics, My best 'Green Friend' wasn't much on swimming. So Friggin What?????

jetdawgg
07-08-08, 06:04 PM
'Say Al, did you hear the one about the USMC having a racist commercial?

"Jesse, I got the link"

http://www.enewsreference.com/images/front/jacksonsharpton.jpg

Marine84
07-08-08, 09:38 PM
All I saw was one hot dark green Marine that I wish I could have run across back in the day. WHEW!

SgtThrasher
07-10-08, 03:50 PM

:evilgrin:Marine Corps jealously will always exist amongst the other services .:evilgrin:

SlingerDun
07-10-08, 04:47 PM
Isolating a group within the target demographic of "young men".... Ad agencies are quite familiar with zeroing in on sectors of a clients vast demographic for the purpose of drumming up business.

In this case encouraging or challenging said group to confront fear {with stereotype undertones} real or imagined, and prevail. Thats how i see it. If i were tender and unseasoned i suppose i might squirm and get touchy feelers but i've never lived in a black mans skin so my opinion ends here.

--->Dave

darkgreen0311
07-10-08, 07:19 PM
The commercial is fine with me......Semper Fi to all Marines Light Green and Dark Green. I swim alright....lol

:marine:Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!