PDA

View Full Version : Inter-Unit Transfer Rank Waiver

Hut
06-07-08, 11:04 AM
Good Morning All,

I am currently in the process of going through an Inter-Unit transfer. While it has been approved all the way up through the chain of commands both on the releasing unit and the accepting unit, it is currently stuck at MOBCOM. The billet I am entering into is usually reserved for an E6, while I am currently an E4, and thusly MOBCOM is requesting a Rank Waiver form, but they have provided no form and have not made any suggestions as to where one could be found.

I have searched far and wide, extensively, at this point for several days but have not been able to locate one. If anyone on these forums has any idea of the form number, or where one could be located, I would appreciate the help very much as time is becoming more and more of an issue with every passing day due to an upcoming deployment overseas.

Thank you,

-CPL Hut

ggyoung
06-07-08, 01:24 PM
Cpl Hut===========I don't know about now days but I have seen lots of E-4's in E-6 slots. I was one myself. In 1966 I was a section chief of a 8in (SP) Howitzer as a Cpl. It called for a SSGT.

Kegler300
06-07-08, 01:33 PM
Normally, they only allow one up or one down in rank. They might try to change the requirement to a Sgt, though, allowing you to be placed in the billet. There shouldn't be anything you need to do. The unit should be making the request on your behalf.

usmchauer
06-07-08, 01:59 PM
There is a member of leatherneck currently at MOBCOM. Maybe he could give you the skinny on what your best course of action would be. For the life of me I can't remember his s/n. He is in KC though.

Hut
06-08-08, 11:10 AM
Thank you for all of the replies, I have managed to find a Rank Waiver form and am now in the process of sending it through MOBCOM.