PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in this Pizza Shop Assault?

ENGR1371
06-06-08, 03:30 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=10b2ZTYmmWA

Watch video ! I would draw my weapon! Just me, I'm always armed! I can't take credit for the post or video, I got it courtesy of www.pafoa.org (http://www.pafoa.org)!

ENGR1371
06-06-08, 05:23 PM
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/4234690/detail.html

Here's the rest of the story!

Big Jim
06-06-08, 05:44 PM
Everyone was scared of this frikkin idiot!!! The guy beat down an innocent bystander while nobody else did a thing!! What frikkin cowards they all are!!! I've been in as well as seen these kinds of things happen in a prison environment and if I was there, I would definitely used force on the attacker to physically restrain him if I didn't have a weapon. Face it, not everyone goes around packin...so when something jumps off you know damn well I'll be there to destroy some inmate dastardly plans....

ENGR1371
06-06-08, 05:48 PM
No one really knows what they would really do! Myself, I would have to go on instincts! What if we rephrased it & said, it was one of your best friends or a neighbor that you knew or & old pal from High School..! Now what would you do? The scenerio just changed! Every situation is different!, And every situation is the same! You have to think! I would try to stop it in any way I could see fit before drawing my weapon and/or using any deadly force! He's definetly a very large man! There are many scenerios that could play out here:
1. The big man;s wife / girlfriend could counter attack you, whereas you are really out numbered for attacking him!
2. You could pull out your weapon & one, or both of them could be brandishing thier weapons!
3. Try 911 when things 1st start to go wrong!
4. Try to identify them after the attack? - Hardly!

It's hard to say what I'd do! Instinct as a Marine would tell me to draw as a last defense, and only if that man's life was in grave danger! In that sit. I probably would have draw my weapon!That man's life was in danger! There's no doubt! No one did a damn thing! That's SAD! I would have drawn my weapon & used it!
You can turn this around to be if it was your Brother, neighbor, friend....., what have you! No matter who it was, that man's life was in danger & no one did a thing! That's sad!

Harry
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/Themes/default/images/icons/modify_inline.gif SEMPER FI!

sparkie
06-06-08, 05:54 PM
What can you do? If I went into it I would take out knees. But I'm not sure I'd go into it. Does that make me bad? Curious how the Batch starting it wanted to leave all of a sudden. I pick my fights, like I pick my nose, Depends on what I'm thinkin at the time.

SlingerDun
06-06-08, 06:03 PM
I know what i would do i got practice, and i don't step in between fights with full grown strangers and i damn sure ain't doing a hitch @ BigJims Greybar Hotel for gunnin one down. Nope, right or wrong let the beat down proceed. If it were a friend or good acquaintance? i'd pocket my BC glasses and wade into the assailant, see who runs out of wind first.

Oh, if the question is directed at myself being in that poor dumb bastards shoes? It would not have been me.

--->Dave

Big Jim
06-06-08, 06:19 PM
I know what i would do i got practice, and i don't step in between fights with full grown strangers and i damn sure ain't doing a hitch @ BigJims Greybar Hotel for gunnin one down. Nope, right or wrong let the beat down proceed. If it were a friend or good acquaintance? i'd pocket my BC glasses and wade into the assailant, see who runs out of wind first.

Oh, if the question is directed at myself being in that poor dumb bastards shoes? It would not have been me.

--->Dave

HAHAHAHA....Slinger, I can understand where you're coming from but you can't honestly tell me that if you were in that innocent dude's shoes, that you wouldn't want someone to jump in and save what's left of your fuzzy azz!! You can never tell be able to tell what's going to happen in the future, brother. I don't know man, for me it isn't bravery cause I don't think about being hurt first, but I think about stopping the crime from happening as quick as possible. Maybe cause I been doing this sh!t for so long it's just 2nd nature...kinda like a firefighter running into a burning building instead of running the other way, you know? Either way if it was you or anybody else, I'd still choke the MFer out to stop him from killing somebody.

CBS
06-06-08, 07:17 PM
It is hard to say what you would do if you were there. You have to be there to see it
up close. I 'watched' once but probably never again. If I had a weapon, then I'd probably tell them to get outside.....refering to the couple.....she started this mess.
I'd also tell the employees to call the cops right now. I'm sure there are rules for
concealed weapons and their use in such a case...but then this was BS from the start.

SF.......>Chuck

ENGR1371
06-06-08, 08:12 PM
No one really know what one would do! It's either "Fright or Fight!"
Every Situation is different, every situation is the same!
Whether friend, family or stranger, one must take a good look at all the variables before bestowing one's weapon!
As I take a good look at the video & all the evidence bestowed upon me, I believe that I would have done something rather than done nothing as those patrons did! I would have drawn & at least tried to bring a peaceful resolution to this all! There was no need for what he did to that man! Right or wrong!
That's a big man to be messing with!
Given the situation at hand, I would have drawn my weapon & ordered the big man to the deck, I would have tried to hold him there until I or someone else summoned the police! If he would have not hit the deck, just 1 warning shot & after that; "All bets are off!"

Semper Fi

Jim Oliver
06-06-08, 08:32 PM
I know what I would do. I just happened to be in a similar situation recently. <br />
<br />
Some a**hole was in a woman's face, and threatening her. Her male companion got the hell knocked out of him for...

SlingerDun
06-06-08, 11:34 PM
but you can't honestly tell me that if you were in that innocent dude's shoes...The "innocent" dude was insultive no doubt or that gal probably would not have kicked the lid off the stove and jabbed her finger in his face hehe. Banty's attempts at posturing up and making himself appear large was full of holes. He then weakend and committed a horrible blunder by dropping his head and taking his eyes off the alpha dog, Goliar' seized the initiative...

Nope, i only referee youth wrestling matches and rarely feel obligated when strangers face off in unsanctioned bouts, even when folks are lookin at me like...Ain't you gonna do something? I'll hold your coat! hehehe Naw, nobody's beyond an ass whuppin. I seen a heap of hard workin toughs pitch into each other like animals and have learned my best approach is to wait it out, stay alert and turn the hose on em when they gas, or exithttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

I damn sure ain't waving a pistola around at a strangers battle, i have an 8ft. cabover side dinette Alaskan Camper on order and love the big country far to much to trade it for a static cell.

--->Dave

nightstalker2
06-06-08, 11:46 PM
well it was a fair fight, he just let his guard down and see what happens. I would like to get involved but that comes from wanting to fight at all times. like the fights at camp schwab in the 70's. but common sense has stepped in and dumbest steps out... I would have got involved if there were more than two on one which I would considered a fair one if it was myself.

Big Jim
06-06-08, 11:47 PM
The "innocent" dude was insultive no doubt or that gal probably would not have kicked the lid off the stove and jabbed her finger in his face hehe. Banty's attempts at posturing up and making himself appear large was full of holes. He then weakend and committed a horrible blunder by dropping his head and taking his eyes off the alpha dog, Goliar' seized the initiative...

Nope, i only referee youth wrestling matches and rarely feel obligated when strangers face off in unsanctioned bouts, even when folks are lookin at me like...Ain't you gonna do something? I'll hold your coat! hehehe Naw, nobody's beyond an ass whuppin. I seen a heap of hard workin toughs pitch into each other like animals and have learned my best approach is to wait it out, stay alert and turn the hose on em when they gas, or exithttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

I damn sure ain't waving a pistola around at a strangers battle, i have an 8ft. cabover side dinette Alaskan Camper on order and love the big country far to much to trade it for a static cell.

--->Dave

LOL...I hear you man...but the law sees him as innocent until someone throws the first blow, which was the woman then the man. Therefore the guy is innocent. I, for one, just won't be able to stand idley by while someone is kicking anyone's azz. Believe me, if other people know that you AREN'T going to jump in...I'd say that inaction of yours is more liable to get this action than the attacker thinking that you will jump in and help out. See my point? Bullies avoid fights at all costs, especially ones they think they can't win...cause in the end, they're cowards. Just like that big guy in the video.

Hey, to each his own, man. I don't know you or what you're about but someday...this might actually happen to you...it doesn't have to be under the exact same conditions or circumstances or provocations as in the video either. It might be just cause of the way you look...and he decides to beat you to a pulp. Now, when you're getting hit really hard, would you want someone like yourself standing by and just watching it happen and letting the guy kill you...or would you want someone like me...stopping the guy from hurting you permanently and causing you to talk funny and limp for the rest of your life?

Cpl Keller
06-08-08, 02:38 PM
Tough call.

Generally, 2 guys have a beef and want to settle it with their fists, i say go ahead and let them. But if one dude is on the verge of killing or maiming the other, then it's time to try and put an end to things.

That was a big dude though- if i felt the need to step in, i'd be looking for a chair to bash him over the head with. :!:

ENGR1371
06-08-08, 05:02 PM
Hey, to each his own, man. I don't know you or what you're about but someday...this might actually happen to you...it doesn't have to be under the exact same conditions or circumstances or provocations as in the video either. It might be just cause of the way you look...and he decides to beat you to a pulp. Now, when you're getting hit really hard, would you want someone like yourself standing by and just watching it happen and letting the guy kill you...or would you want someone like me...stopping the guy from hurting you permanently and causing you to talk funny and limp for the rest of your life?

If I was in this situation, I would want someone to stick up for me! I wouldn't want people to just stand there & look fvcking stupid like these patrons did! Once that big man started to beat that skinny feller! All bets were off right there & then! I would have draw my weapon! The man's life was in grave danger! Just listen to the blows to the man's head!
Here's the rest of the video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HMIuG3HvV0Y&feature=related You can see plainly what happened! The big dark green man was an ex-con!

Semper Fi!

E5NAMKROW
06-08-08, 05:13 PM
I would have snuck to the front of the line while it was happening.

Big Jim
06-08-08, 05:17 PM
I voted on the poll here that I'd physically restrain him. Yeah he's a large guy but, hey, so am I. I chose that because I don't regularly carry a weapon out into the public, much less a firearm. So, I would order him to stop and if he didn't I'd jump on his neck amd if it took deadly force to stop him, thats exactly what I'd use. I'd make sure someone is calling the police first before I took action.

I'm sure the victim would be appreciative saving him some skin and the property owner for not destroying anymore stuff than necessary. It just makes sense to stop him. Some guys would take a chair or something to use and that's all great...use whatever you can to get this frikkin inmate under some kind of control. I would perfer to knock his azz out and wait for the police so I don't have to kill him but if he won't stop...there may be no other choice.

E5NAMKROW
06-08-08, 05:23 PM
I would have snuck to the front of the line while it was happening.

kidding obviously. A chair to the brain housing unit wouldve got his attention.:mad: