PDA

View Full Version : New Soul Of America - Hit/Run Victim Ignored (vid)

jetdawgg
06-06-08, 07:20 AM
http://www.courant.com/news/custom/topnews/hc-daryl0605.artjun05%2C0%2C405039.story

In an unusual display of public anger, Hartford's police chief Wednesday gave vent to his feelings about the recent violence afflicting his city and the lack of decency among residents.

Chief Daryl K. Roberts was responding to a hit-and-run Friday afternoon that left a 78-year-old city man paralyzed, lying in the middle of Park Street under full view of passing motorists and onlookers, the savage beating and robbery Monday morning of former Deputy Mayor Nicholas Carbone and the discovery Wednesday of a badly decomposed body of a man in the basement of his family's recently foreclosed home.

Roberts said those incidents are indicative of the callousness and lack of humanity that has taken hold of his city.

"Those are three situations that dehumanize our community," Roberts said, speaking to reporters at an afternoon press briefing. "I'm ashamed to say our city has a toxic relationship with ourselves."

awbrown1462
06-06-08, 07:43 AM
Saw the Video made me sick that no one help him Must have been no Marines around

sscjoe
06-06-08, 08:35 AM
This just speaks to the moral fiber of todays society. It also tells me nothing has changed in over forty years, for those of you from the NYC area remember Kitty from Kew Gardens in the 60"s.

jetdoc
06-06-08, 08:46 AM
Like the major or whatever he was said, "we have lost our moral compass"....some of us have for sure.

jetdawgg
06-06-08, 11:28 AM
I hear that the guy is paralyzed now and that the hit and run driver(s) are still being looked for

sgt.r.n.davis
06-07-08, 11:27 PM
how very very sad!!! the hit and run was a crime and so was every person that did not lift a finger to help a fellow human being!!! in a time of need!
( GOD HELP US)

Cpl Keller
06-08-08, 02:09 PM
the hit and run was a crime and so was every person that did not lift a finger to help

Agreed 100%

The deterioration of society is happening at an alarming rate.

ENGR1371
06-08-08, 03:19 PM
It's sad that it took so long for a human soul to help this poor human!
The world has become so "Soulless!" Here's a poor human being on the deck, & they just go around him! WOW! I'm just flabbergasted! I don't really know what to say! If I was there, I'd have helped him in a HEARTBEAT! What a society we live in! It's all about "ME!"
There's really no help these days! I guess everyone is just on there own! "Only the Strong Survive!" Unfuvkingreal! Heartless Bastrds!

Semper Fi!

Zulu 36
06-08-08, 03:33 PM
Yesterday, I was driving into town with my 10-year old son. We drove past what later turned out to be a pile of old clothes. But as I went past at 65-mph, it looked like the body of a hit and run pedestrian in the longish grass.

I turned around, went back, and found it was just old clothes. In turning around, we had to wait for a number of cars to clear, which drove past the bundle too. My son, who also thought it looked like a body, wanted to know why those other people didn't stop to check like we did.

He seemed less than satisfied with my answer that perhaps they got a better look at the bundle on the way past than we did. I also explained that sometimes people just won't stop and help others in trouble because they are afraid. He added, "Or, maybe they don't care."

Or, maybe the ten-year old is right.