PDA

View Full Version : Oif 1/ Oif 2

amarine0311
06-05-08, 04:27 PM
Kinda quiet for a while. Anyone out there still care? Where did you serve?

outlaw3179
06-05-08, 04:43 PM
I was in OIF 2-1 was with 2/24 in Muhmadiya, Lutafiyah, and Yusafiah

ecfree
06-05-08, 04:43 PM
wtfo:!:

outlaw3179
06-05-08, 04:44 PM
?

usmchauer
06-05-08, 04:49 PM
Ramadi with 2/5 September 04 - April 05 Went from Combat Outpost (before the Army took it over) to Hurricane Point then Junction City then back to HP. Funniest thing I've ever seen: 3 hadji's riding the same moped. The guy in the middle had a big grin on his face.

Pete0331
06-21-08, 05:25 AM
OIF 1 LOD - Al Hilla
OIF 2 An Najaf

byoung54
06-25-08, 05:22 PM
How do you know? I was lost in the sauce half the damn time. No one knew sh*t. All I remember is someone yelling "look its the Tigris River" or a sign that said Baghdad. LoL, I do remember Babylon though and some sculpture of an AK-47 wrapped in an Iraqi Flag. I must have Post Traumatic Disorder... cant remember anything.

Pete0331
06-25-08, 07:17 PM
How do you know? I was lost in the sauce half the damn time. No one knew sh*t. All I remember is someone yelling "look its the Tigris River" or a sign that said Baghdad. LoL, I do remember Babylon though and some sculpture of an AK-47 wrapped in an Iraqi Flag. I must have Post Traumatic Disorder... cant remember anything.

I can't remember half the towns we passed through or the areas we stopped at. Its a common occurrence when someone is in a high stress situation with little sleep.

byoung54
06-26-08, 10:50 AM
High five for us Pete, forgetful ones.

SpartanMullet
08-04-08, 12:27 AM
OIF1 An Nasiriyah

0231Marine
08-17-08, 05:10 AM
I was in Ramadi (Blue Diamond) with 1st Intelligence Bn in 2004, Ramadi (HP) with 1/5 in 2005, Ramadi (HP - Gov Center) with 3/8 in 2006 and Ramadi (HP) again with 3/7 in 2007...now I'm in Baghdad as a contractor! I swear, I might as well buy property out here :)

2ndCEBSupply
08-21-08, 03:40 PM
I was in Fallujuah from 04 -05 it was a real experience for me. Why was the food better in iraq than on Camp Lejeune.

mgkusmc
09-07-08, 10:55 PM
I went a little bit everywhere in 07. Lots of little towns, the one thing I remember most was almost getting into a fight with an Army Ranger in Baghdad only to find out that I had taken Spanish II in high school with the guy. He had graduated a couple years before me with my brother.

Other than that I just remember getting shot at sometimes, going through towns where like 5 yearolds would try to bum ciggs off of me, and IEDs in Ramadi.....for the most part though....unless I'm talking to another combat veteran....I usually dont like to talk about it....

Oh and to answer your question 2ndCEBSupply the reason the food was better in Iraq than at Camp Lejeune was because we werent at Camp Lejeune lol.

amarine0311
09-15-08, 01:48 PM
Amen, mgkusmc!!!
0231marine- which contractor? I have a lot of friends in that line of work.

0231Marine
09-24-08, 02:12 PM
Amen, mgkusmc!!!
0231marine- which contractor? I have a lot of friends in that line of work.

I was working on Camp Slayer for MNF-I

2ndCEBSupply
09-24-08, 02:31 PM
I went a little bit everywhere in 07. Lots of little towns, the one thing I remember most was almost getting into a fight with an Army Ranger in Baghdad only to find out that I had taken Spanish II in high school with the guy. He had graduated a couple years before me with my brother.

Other than that I just remember getting shot at sometimes, going through towns where like 5 yearolds would try to bum ciggs off of me, and IEDs in Ramadi.....for the most part though....unless I'm talking to another combat veteran....I usually dont like to talk about it....

Oh and to answer your question 2ndCEBSupply the reason the food was better in Iraq than at Camp Lejeune was because we werent at Camp Lejeune lol.

That only states the obvious LOL. I feel you on the i dont like to talk about it part, i dont like to be someones amusment for a good story.

justinrod09
10-09-08, 09:07 PM
CAMP FALLUJAH BOTH TOURS...
FEB 04 - SEPT O4: IMEF/MHG MOTOR T
SEPT 05 - MAR 06: RCT 8/CLB 8 TS Co.

HAD A HELL OF ALOTTA CLOSE CALLS WITH THE MORTARS MY 1ST TOUR...

pheartnov2904
11-07-08, 09:41 PM
OIF 1- All over southern Iraq with an MST. Made as far north as Al-Kut.

OIF 2- FOB Kalsu with the 24th MEU. Operated in Mussayib, Iskandayriah, Latifyiah, Yusifiah, Mahmudiah, Hilla, Fallujah and a bunch of other villages in the North Babil AO.

The Marines I served with were amongst the finest in the world and I wouldn't trade my time next to them for anything.

Semper Fi

MGySgtSki
11-07-08, 11:34 PM
Ramadi with 2/5 September 04 - April 05 Went from Combat Outpost (before the Army took it over) to Hurricane Point then Junction City then back to HP. Funniest thing I've ever seen: 3 hadji's riding the same moped. The guy in the middle had a big grin on his face.

Visited you a few times out there at COP, hauer. Went from Ramadi (BD and Camp Ramadi/JC) in Aug-Oct 04 to Fallujah for Al Fajr and then was all over and around that area (Fallujah, Ramadi, TQ, Karmah, Saqalweigha (sp?), Ferris, etc.

Were you at Combat Outpost when the terp got rolled up?

S/F

egbutler1
11-07-08, 11:59 PM
OIF 4 Anti - Terrorism Battalion Combined Anti Armor Team 2 Red Section. Call Sign Nemesis. Eastern Iraq Balad Bakuba, Diyala province.

re8elmonk0341
11-09-08, 07:36 PM
OIF 1: Kuwait the the initial push to Baghdad turn it over to 101st Aireborne then to Karbala.

OIF 2: Al Qaim, Husaybah, Camp Gannon and FOB Tiger....What is was called then...Not sure they call it now.

OIF 3: Ar Ramadi Hurrican Point -Gov Center.

All with 3/7 kilo

SgtArty
12-02-08, 06:45 PM
OIF II
Feb 04' - Oct 04'
At first it was Junction City, then the Army (Big Red 1, to be exact) changed it to F.O.B. Ramadi. With Btry K, 3rd Bn 11th Mar. Right across the way from Blue Diamond and Hurricane point. ;)

oifvet23
12-12-08, 01:55 PM
ok newbie question here, whats this OIF1 and OIF2 stuff, what did we invade twice? I was there for the 03 invasion. What category dose that fall in.

oifvet23
12-12-08, 01:56 PM
never mind, i get it now, it means tours

PaidinBlood
12-12-08, 02:10 PM
never mind, i get it now, it means tours
OIF I & II were simple enough-when did the numbering system break down and what does it all mean? my understanding is if you can't write your tour in Roman Numerals, you missed it... (I had the honor of setting the conditions for a free Iraq in OIF's 05-07.1 and 06-08.something.)

mgkusmc
12-14-08, 01:19 AM
OIF I & II were simple enough-when did the numbering system break down and what does it all mean? my understanding is if you can't write your tour in Roman Numerals, you missed it... (I had the honor of setting the conditions for a free Iraq in OIF's 05-07.1 and 06-08.something.)

I always thought it was like this
03 OIF I
04 OIF II
05 OIF III
06 OIF IV
07 OIF V
08 OIF VI

have I been wrong this whole time?

oifvet23
12-14-08, 01:29 AM
Be careful, I was called a poser for not knowing by somebody who dose not even know where iraq is on a map.

PaidinBlood
12-14-08, 09:57 AM
I always thought it was like this
03 OIF I
04 OIF II
05 OIF III
06 OIF IV
07 OIF V
08 OIF VI

have I been wrong this whole time?

Yeah, that's what I thought 'til I went, and came back with those funky op designators. 05-07 and 06-08. Those would seem to overlap but were 14 mo. apart...

mgkusmc
12-14-08, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm now I'm confused cause I've seen guys on here who I know for a fact are Marines and have only served one tour and they'll say they were in OIF IV or OIF V.......hmmmm weird.

PaidinBlood
12-14-08, 02:18 PM
They refer to it as that, but that is not the official designation. Don't know what to tell you. It is in my SRB and citations in that way.

2ndCEBSupply
12-15-08, 09:04 AM
Hmmmm now I'm confused cause I've seen guys on here who I know for a fact are Marines and have only served one tour and they'll say they were in OIF IV or OIF V.......hmmmm weird.

That means they were there for both like myself i was present from 04 to 05.

Before the we took over Fallujah (all the fing 12 to 14 hours shift) thanks for going UA Thompson and leaving me with all the work for BN.

After Fallujah i got to clean up the city and look at the after effect of what rounds can do.

Who gives a F how many times you were there.....

SGT VAS
12-17-08, 07:14 AM
OIF 2 - Started out in good ol' Korean Village (****** moon dust):) and went on to Hit, Fallujah, and Ramadi.

MotorT3533
02-07-09, 08:51 PM
OIF I
Kuwait - BPW
Iraq - Viper, Anderson, Chesty, Al Kut

With ESC 6th Engineers

Fievel
06-10-09, 10:13 PM
Kuwait - Camp Ripper
Iraq OIF I - Safwan, Zubayr, Basrah, Nasariya, Diwaniya, Najil, Afak, Budayir, Al Kut, Diyala, all over Baghdad, and Hillah

I was an AAV operator with 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion, Alpha Company, 2nd Platoon. We were attached to Kilo 3/4. A reporter actually wrote a book about it titled "McCoy's Marines - Darkside to Baghdad."

For the most part, I can't remember most of it. I remember losing some friends at Diyala, losing a friend during the huge sandstorm March 25th, getting shot at quite a bit, and driving an AAV while trying not to fall asleep. The details are just a blur, but I was lucky because I kept a journal. We floated back home, during which time we were debriefed about everywhere we went in Iraq. I wrote all the names of the cities down on the way home. While I was there though, it was "shoot the hell out of the city and move on to the next one."

usmchauer
06-11-09, 01:45 AM
OIF II
Feb 04' - Oct 04'
At first it was Junction City, then the Army (Big Red 1, to be exact) changed it to F.O.B. Ramadi. With Btry K, 3rd Bn 11th Mar. Right across the way from Blue Diamond and Hurricane point. ;)

Counter Battery. NICE! I remember coming back from the Government Center, thinking I was hot sh it because I actually got the chance to leave the wire, going up to the BC and asking him what the deal was with counter battery. Specifically, why were we getting rocked by indirect fire and why wasn't CBR wrecking someones life?

You were relieved by 2/11. Oddly enough one of my Drill Instructors was in 2/11 and I saw him a few times while we were deployed.

Fievel
07-08-09, 02:08 AM
Here's a picture I took after we engaged the 51st Republican Guard Armor Division during the invasion. This was on the way to Zubayr, if I remember correctly. We smoked a lot of sh*t that day.

This was an MTLB that tried to run. He didn't make it.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b288/m6zero/mtlb2.jpg

Petz
07-08-09, 02:13 AM
I was in Ramadi (Blue Diamond) with 1st Intelligence Bn in 2004, Ramadi (HP) with 1/5 in 2005, Ramadi (HP - Gov Center) with 3/8 in 2006 and Ramadi (HP) again with 3/7 in 2007...now I'm in Baghdad as a contractor! I swear, I might as well buy property out here :)

haha the pink taco!!! that's where all the ladies were!

boomer56328
07-08-09, 03:00 AM
All over southern Iraq with 1st LAR and as far north as Tikrit when we were assigned to Task Force Tripoli. Also went as far west as the Saudi border to try to find smugglers toward the end of my tour. All this was in '03.

Toxik
10-16-09, 12:26 PM
OIF II Hit, Iraq 1/23 C.CO Semper Fi

Vandrel
12-07-09, 08:24 AM
OIF1 RCT7 Charlie 1/7 B Co AAV attachments
Jan 03 - Jun 03

Did a pump to Ramadi in 08 but since there's been so many new deployment titles I can't remember what number combination they classified it as.

Juicemang
12-07-09, 11:55 PM
OIF 05-07, and OIF 06-08, both times at Al Asad. Flew a couple missions on Army UH-60's to deliver supplies to Marines at Korean Village and Al'Qaim.

Komenko
01-01-10, 05:45 PM
OIF 5-07 also stationed at Al Asad Air Base Febuary 06 to September 06. Fixed MSR Uranium North and South from IED craters left in the road!

mach1usmc
01-08-10, 03:10 AM
OIFI I was in Camp Fox Kuwait as part of FSSG fwd. Jan 03-July 03. I was the A2P Chief @ GSM Comp.

OIFIII- I was in TQ as part of CLR25 Maint Det. Feb 05- Aug 05. I was the MMC.

Juicemang
01-29-10, 11:41 AM
Here's a picture of me test firing out of a UH-1N just outside of Al Asad.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/Juicemang/2000ftoverIraq.jpg

stretchusa
01-29-10, 04:17 PM
OIF
Fallujah Summer of '05
Ramadi Sept '06 till May '07
Weapons 1/6

Gunner 0313
01-29-10, 05:01 PM
Here's a picture of me test firing out of a UH-1N just outside of Al Asad.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/Juicemang/2000ftoverIraq.jpg

:flag:When you fired your weapon did you yell out in a shrill voice, " get some, get some, ha ha ha" ?

Juicemang
01-29-10, 05:13 PM
No, but I did laugh my ass off as one of the pilots came over comms yelling "RIGHT SIDE CEASE FIRE!", because some dumb **** Iraqi on a donkey was about 20 meters away from the target collecting brass. Brass ninjas!

Gunner 0313
01-29-10, 05:26 PM
No, but I did laugh my ass off as one of the pilots came over comms yelling "RIGHT SIDE CEASE FIRE!", because some dumb **** Iraqi on a donkey was about 20 meters away from the target collecting brass. Brass ninjas!

:flag:You should've lit the fvcker up, LMFAO !

Juicemang
01-29-10, 05:50 PM
:flag:You should've lit the fvcker up, LMFAO !

LOL, I'm sure the Major and Captain at the controls would have greatly appreciated that one. :flag:

ABrevik
03-23-10, 02:22 AM
Aug05-Mar06

I was in a PRP attached to 3/8 Lima Co and 2/1 in support of Operations Iron Fist, Steel Curtain, and River Gate.

jrod02
05-30-10, 07:37 AM
High five for us Pete, forgetful ones.

x3 All I remember is FALLUJAH!!! :banana:

jrod02
05-30-10, 07:59 AM
26 Feb 04 - 29 Sept 04 Iraqi Freedom w/ IMHG
09 Sept 05 - 17 Mar 06 OIF IV w/ CLB8 Transportation Support Co.
Both were at Camp Fallujah

It was funny going back to Fallujah for the 2nd time. I remember us bombing the hell out of the city my 1st tour after that LtCol got killed by a mortar. You couldn't ride thru Fallujah if you were coming from or going to TQ. The Cloverleaf was crazy. Iraqis would leave mortar tubes in the junk yard that surrounded Camp Fallujah and fill them with ice, so when it melted the mortar would drop. Camp Fallujah wasn't built so we were there building it up. I remember at 1 point we didn't even have a chow hall, Just the MRE's that came in the Red packaging (Not really complaining cause I know the grunts were out there with barely that).

Then I come back my 2nd tour and Camp Fallujah had Dances on Fridays, a trailor park, 2 chow halls, hell it was damn near easy living out there. SMH. I had went out with a unit that me another LCpl & 2 Sgts. were the only Marines that had been to Iraq and they always complained to us about shlt. They just didn't even understand how good they had it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2371/2078673351_ae9e04a679_o.jpg

Good Living there.

hwkav8r
11-19-10, 08:01 AM
I served with TF Tarawa out of Ali Al Salem, as an Army Medevac Pilot; attached to the Brits for bit, then hopped up to dump just south of Nasirayah, then on to Al Kut. Ended up sharing a bunker with a bunch of FORCE RECON dudes at Al Kut.

Did another 12 months with the The Marines out at Al Asad/Korean Village 05-06.

AAV Crewchief
11-19-10, 10:39 AM
Kinda quiet for a while. Anyone out there still care? Where did you serve?

All of it so far....

BIAP, BALAD, BAGRAM and other places that most have no clearance to hear about.....

dback13
01-02-11, 04:30 PM
Shut up. Airbases don't count. Bagram's Afghanistan or are you talking about the super secret one in Iraq that only you were at?

TheReservist
01-02-11, 09:05 PM
All of it so far....

BIAP, BALAD, BAGRAM and other places that most have no clearance to hear about.....

sounds kind of fake....

TheReservist
01-07-11, 01:20 AM
About myself, well I hit up a bunch of places

Spent the majority of the deployment in the CMOC in Fallujah
Fallujah proper, patrolled and went into damn near every house in that place
went to camp fallujah a couple of times for various things, casevacs and px runs mainly
camp baharia, got to spend a day and a half there on R&R, which was supposed to be 2 days but got called back early over a suspected attack, which never happened

08-09
COP akashat was home, some small little town on MSR silver right by syria
syrian border, got to stand on the border berm and look across and see syria
KV, korean village, nice chowhall, pretty small
Al Asad, like being back home. Spent like a month there before and after being at the COP. It had one of the best gyms I've ever been to.

AAV Crewchief
01-07-11, 05:41 AM
Shut up. Airbases don't count. Bagram's Afghanistan or are you talking about the super secret one in Iraq that only you were at?

Oh yeah, you know lots about the AF I am sure. As a matter of fact I was at one that shall go unmentioned in Iraq. You want me to violate my disclosure statements and put everything on Front Street to make you feel better? You're a joke.

TheReservist
01-07-11, 09:18 AM
So, just to be clear, the Air Force is the branch with secret baseS in Iraq?

Komenko
01-07-11, 09:49 AM

Since when doesn't an airbase count for OIF1 and 2? I got my Campaign Medal so according to the Military it does count!

TheReservist
01-07-11, 02:24 PM
I'm sure airbases were very spartan back in the early days of the war. When I got to there in 06, they were pretty much garrison fwd. I remember Al asad, having an actual bus system driven by civilians, and multiple bus routes.

It was being on the major fobs where it was like a different world, one time we had to go do a casevac and while sitting outside of fallujah surgical, a gunny walked up and started devildogging Marines for not wearing covers and having dirty cammies. It got so bad that we had to put a cover in the back of the flack, where the sapi plates went in case we had to go to camp fallujah for a casevac so we wouldn't get lifed out by some fobbit

Komenko
01-07-11, 07:08 PM
I was at Al Asad in 06 also. I do remember the bus systems also. But that doesn't mean I was stuck on base the whole time I was there! Who do you think built those FOBs you stayed in and kept the MSRs cleared of IEDs? Even though I was based out of Al Asad, I don't recall it being garrison fwd. My unit had its fair share of torn/dirty cammies. As for getting devildogged out, just give an "Aye Aye Gunny" and let him walk away and laugh afterwards. If you can't take an ass chewin and laugh at the bastard for giving it cause of the situation you were in then something is wrong. also It would help if your SNCO/Officer had a back bone to back your ass up to the gunny!

TheReservist
01-08-11, 08:36 PM
Why are you being so defensive?

Al Asad was camp cupcake. I'm sure you know that, since you've been helping build the fobs and everything. I'm sure you noticed that the multiple chowhalls were all much better then any in the states, let alone the ones on the fobs you helped build. You may have noticed that there were many people who NEVER left the wire and, as such, were disconnected from what was happening outside of it.

As for the ass chewings, well it's kind of hard to laugh about it when you're sitting right outside the building waiting to hear if one of your friends who just got shot is going to live. We worked at the squad level, so the highest rank out there was a Sgt.

Komenko
01-08-11, 08:53 PM
Why are you being so defensive?

Al Asad was camp cupcake. I'm sure you know that, since you've been helping build the fobs and everything. I'm sure you noticed that the multiple chowhalls were all much better then any in the states, let alone the ones on the fobs you helped build. You may have noticed that there were many people who NEVER left the wire and, as such, were disconnected from what was happening outside of it.

As for the ass chewings, well it's kind of hard to laugh about it when you're sitting right outside the building waiting to hear if one of your friends who just got shot is going to live. We worked at the squad level, so the highest rank out there was a Sgt.

As for the chow halls from what i know there were 3. the big one from what I heard had a kitchen fire and burned to the ground and it was better than some in the states but it wasn't completed till a couple of months into the deployment. Also the Marines who never left the wire may have been disconnected but never stopped them from preforming their jobs which didn't intend for them to travel around on 8 to 24 hour convoys. For those of us who were there, we all lost a friend or two. And I'm being defencive cause you signed the line and raised your hand. If you can't handle the crap that comes with the job then being a Marine wasn't for you.

TheReservist
01-08-11, 09:01 PM
I am unfairly railing against everyone that didn't leave the wire. I know that every Marine has a job and it takes 10 support Marines for every grunt. I was just sick of those 10% that ruined it for the rest.

I was sick of suckdicks who picked up staff and boot Lts. that wouldn't listen to their NCOs. I think the day I decided to get out was when my boot platoon commander yelled at the entire plt. saying that we didn't know what combat was.

Why didn't you stay in?

Komenko
01-08-11, 09:21 PM
Why didn't you stay in?

Had Orders for Recruiting Duty. If there is anything I hate more is getting stuck behind a desk job. Found out when I was made Legal Chief for 7th ESB. I hated not going to the field and having some great training for a week or two. It was the worse year of my life in the Corps. So when I was told that I was to report to the school 5 days after my EAS I said no thanks and packed my bags. I refused the orders and went on my way. of course they gave me a crappy RE code but I don't care. I still work on Pendleton everyday and get a paycheck from the Navy bi-weekly! I would have rather been a DI or MCT Instructor. My last year in I got to use my 2nd MOS and was a Range Coach.

jrod02
02-01-11, 02:43 AM
Ya know what, we're all Marines and everyday was a chance to lose your life out there. I had 2 specific times where I almost lost mine & luckily I didn't. I did 2 tours in Fallujah. I was there for when we built up Camp Fallujah & took command of Blue Diamond from the Army. I was there when we were getting hit with atleast 3-5 mortars a day. I was there when you barely could drive thru the Cloverleaf without a firefight. When I came back in 05-06, Camp Fallujah was not the same place... The 2 worst places in Iraq from 04-06 were Fallujah, Ramadi & Baghdad. TQ & Al Asad where SKAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!

CrockettJW
02-18-11, 01:15 PM
Baghdad IZ 2007-2008.

2nd0321
03-14-11, 06:55 PM
I hear you brother I was told to push north and so we did. We stopped whenever they wanted to fight. Life was a blurr in 2003

jrod02
03-15-11, 12:13 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/2078676455_e70ee5f9df.jpg

This photo was taken in May 2004. We had to pick up and drive these vehicles from Baghdad.. Look at the armor. LOL :marine:

CrockettJW
03-15-11, 12:33 PM
This photo was taken in May 2004. We had to pick up and drive these vehicles from Baghdad.. Look at the armor. LOL :marine:

Nice armor. Great seat covers, too!

jrod02
03-15-11, 01:25 PM
Nice armor. Great seat covers, too!
I know right.. That was crazy man, that drive thru Baghdad was intense. All I can say is thanks to whomever was our security that day, because I saw what IEDs where doing to HUMVEES and 7 Tons at that time. So just imagine what a .155 round packed with C4 would've done to that lil piece of crap.

CrockettJW
03-15-11, 03:19 PM
I know right.. That was crazy man, that drive thru Baghdad was intense. All I can say is thanks to whomever was our security that day, because I saw what IEDs where doing to HUMVEES and 7 Tons at that time. So just imagine what a .155 round packed with C4 would've done to that lil piece of crap.

Yep, a 155 would really mess up your day. I liked the MRAPs, though. Those things were nice compared to the Rhinos and pretty much anything else.

tgwkreu7
03-15-11, 07:21 PM
i was always given the schittest detail during police call they always put me in the head detail i served there a lot

SGT YASIKA
09-05-11, 12:59 AM
I was in OIF 1 with 1st TSB at LSA Viper. Anybody else????

1812USMC
12-01-11, 01:51 AM
Since when doesn't an airbase count for OIF1 and 2? I got my Campaign Medal so according to the Military it does count!

But did you get a C.A.R?? The one that matters

Komenko
12-01-11, 07:31 PM
But did you get a C.A.R?? The one that matters

Since when did getting a Combat Action Ribbon have anything to do about this conversation? Read all the posts please. Dback was complaining that those of us Marines who were posted on Air bases didn't count as being in OIF 1 and 2! I was in Al Asad and Yes I did leave the wire to fix the MSRs from the IEDs that were used on our convoys. No I never got the CAR, but 8 of the Marines in my company did after being hit with IEDs. So I think I'm lucky to do my tour with out being hit unlike the unit we replaced which lost 14 Marines from IEDs and small arms fire. So like I said this conversation had nothing to do with getting a CAR and if you would have looked at my sig you would have noticed that I don't have one!

2nd0321
01-12-12, 04:32 PM
I was in Iraq during the invasion and to get a CAR you had to be engaged by the enemy then menuver and return fire against the enemy. Now they have changed it where getting hit by a IED counts i think thats a slap in the face to every Marine who has been in a fire fight. The CAR has last its true meaning. I have two so if you want them you can have them. I dont need medals or ribbons to show that im a Marine or what i have done. Just my thoughts.