No matter what your political convictions are this is an eye opener. <br />
Subject: Jay Leno on...

SlingerDun
06-03-08, 06:55 PM
No wonder the world loves the U.S., yet has a
great disdain for its citizens...Spot on

sparkie
06-03-08, 07:34 PM
When I was a kid back in Ohio in the 50s, we were lucky to eat. Rent was $45.00, most of what My dad earned. I know the taste of Gov canned meat, powdered milk, Gov cheese. I walked the train tracks, picking dandelions for the nights meal. Ruhbarb grew wild, and we ate alot of it. Best I ever got fed was when I joined the Corps. Every winter morning, I put new cardboard in my shoes. I wore shiny pants to graduation. { If you don't know shiny pants, don't ask}.
If they all think Bush made things bad,,,,,, Fuk them. I spent some good time at school, hiding under my desk, waiting for the 'A' bomb. I'm gettin a little pizzed at the 'mericans who went to the mall today with their credit card. Get your nails done today?,,,,,,,,, Fuk You. Join me for a little Survival Training.You may need it.

jrhd97
06-03-08, 10:08 PM
Good post Gunny. Jay is right on. As a nation we are spoiled and ungrateful. Very few really remember what hard times are like. I remember eating govt meat and cheese. Having to grow a garden to eat and shopping with food stamps after the steel industry crashed. Dad working 3 jobs to not match what his one job payed. No cable, no computer, no Atari or Nintendo. One used car, walking to the store and school.
These were not hard times, just tight. This country will be in a real bind when hard times really come.
On a side note. I read an article on Leno stating that the money he makes on his show goes to various charities.

Coachgun
06-03-08, 10:51 PM
I remember when we knew what day of the week it was by what was on the table wednesday fried ring baloney mmm mmm very good post Gunny

jetdoc
06-03-08, 11:29 PM
Sorry gang but according to Snopes this is not a story from Jay Leno.....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/hitnail.asp

pablox1139
06-03-08, 11:51 PM
But it is still a good story.....

gunnyhiles
06-04-08, 06:05 AM
Good post Gunny. Jay is right on. As a nation we are spoiled and ungrateful. Very few really remember what hard times are like. I remember eating govt meat and cheese. Having to grow a garden to eat and shopping with food stamps after the steel industry crashed. Dad working 3 jobs to not match what his one job payed. No cable, no computer, no Atari or Nintendo. One used car, walking to the store and school.
These were not hard times, just tight. This country will be in a real bind when hard times really come.
On a side note. I read an article on Leno stating that the money he makes on his show goes to various charities.
Sparks:
I went through the same. I'm from Akron so we are neighbors. I remember eating mustard and onion sandwhiches and buying lard for cooking (When we could). We bought margerine and the yellow stuff to use aas butter.Much more about how poor we were. However a God thing began and my parents went to work with NASA when the offices were about the size of my house now. I enlisted in the Marines and the story goes on.

Preacher
06-04-08, 09:34 AM
It is the spoiled and ungratefull that we have fought for and protected.

Remember: For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected never know!

crate78
06-04-08, 09:54 AM
Even if it can't be credited to Leno, it's still the hard truth.

crate

AL49BGN
06-04-08, 10:16 AM
The Truth Is The Truth AND GUNNY'S POST IS TRUE

ecfree
06-04-08, 10:24 AM
:thumbup: