PDA

View Full Version : Earned respect

mcvet57103
06-02-08, 08:43 PM
I would like to say my step-son, a Ssgt in the Army was wounded for his third time early Last Saturday 5-31-2008 while on patrol near Camp Zorat Afghanistan. He will survive, but him and his three team mates were all injured by an IED and med-evacted to Solerno, Italy. Tomorrow 06-03 he will be flown to Walter Reed Army Hosp for further surgery. Although he is not a Marine in name, I believe he has exemplified the courage and commitment of a Marine after recieveing his third combat injury, and purple heart in eight days to be given our respect. he will recover from his injuries, but will require many months rehab. Although he is not a Marine in title, he has the heart, and courage of a Marine, having inherited his Garandfather's Marine SSgt Robert Renton's sense of honor and dedication and deserves in my estimate a solid Semper Fi! To my Step-son I wish to say, I am humbled by your committment to your country. SSgt Craig Showers, you are my hero. Oooh Raaah!!!!!

sparkie
06-02-08, 08:47 PM
Semper Fi.

ecfree
06-02-08, 09:09 PM
The Good Loard is watching over Ssgt Showers,and it;s time to behome with his family,out of harms way.:marine:

MarineNCO
06-03-08, 05:07 AM
WoW. Semper Fi Soldier. Drive on!

mcvet57103
06-03-08, 07:55 PM
SSgt Showers will arrive at Walter Reed Army Hospital today. My wife has been contacted by the Army and is being flown to Washington DC to be by his bed side, as soon as they know he is there. l, unfortunately, am not his blood father, and because of our finances, I must stay home and wait for him to recover enough to make the trip home. It's because of sacrifices like his and all the other selfless young people who still believe in this country that I can feel safe day to day. To all my fellow Marines, and servicemen who might read this I say, Semper Fi!! Thank you for your service. This country owes you all a debt we can never pay, but we can honor all of you for your dedication to this great country.

mcvet57103
06-03-08, 08:02 PM
The Good Loard is watching over Ssgt Showers,and it;s time to behome with his family,out of harms way.:marine:

ecfree, can you fill out your profile? Thanks for your support.

jrhd97
06-03-08, 09:57 PM
Mcvet, his profile is filled out. With this new format you have to click on the about me tab to see the profile.
We will pray for his quick recovery and strength and piece of mind for your and his family.
If you don't mind posting an e- mail or address some of us can drop him a letter of encouragement and thanks.
S/F !

mcvet57103
06-03-08, 10:06 PM
Mcvet, his profile is filled out. With this new format you have to click on the about me tab to see the profile.
We will pray for his quick recovery and strength and piece of mind for your and his family.
If you don't mind posting an e- mail or address some of us can drop him a letter of encouragement and thanks.
S/F !
I tried to see his profile and didn't have any luck. I see that the format has changed. My e-amil is: mcvet57103@yahoo.com I guess I just need someone to understand my concern. When he was injured and med-evacted I felt helpless. Didn't mean any disrespect. Just wanted to show him, in some way, that the finest admires his dedication. He respectes his Grandfathers Marine service as well as mine. He just decided to join his fathers branch.

jrhd97
06-03-08, 10:13 PM
I didn't read any disrespect, nor perceive any. There is a lot of trash talk about the Army, but when it comes right down to it those guys are serving just as many, and in some cases longer tours over there. They have our respect and admiration also.
I checked a profile after the format changed and had to hunt around. When you clink on the screen name, a new page comes up. On that page click on the about me tab towards the bottom, center. That will bring up the profile.

mcvet57103
06-03-08, 10:16 PM
I didn't read any disrespect, nor perceive any. There is a lot of trash talk about the Army, but when it comes right down to it those guys are serving just as many, and in some cases longer tours over there. They have our respect and admiration also.
I checked a profile after the format changed and had to hunt around. When you clink on the screen name, a new page comes up. On that page click on the about me tab towards the bottom, center. That will bring up the profile.
Thanks for you help. :thumbup: