PDA

View Full Version : Name your favorite alcoholic drink!

ENGR1371
06-01-08, 01:53 PM
Ok Marines, lets here it! Name your Favorite Alcoholic Drink.

Jim Beam Black on the Rocks!

jetdoc
06-01-08, 02:04 PM
Tequila with anything....I drink it mostly with lemonade at the house, its sooo good.

Marine84
06-01-08, 02:09 PM
Gin & Tonic

Phantom Winger
06-01-08, 02:28 PM
Besides beer?

Vodka Martini .. dirty with extra olives

steve evans
06-01-08, 02:44 PM
Anything that gets me ratarsed and is given to me free!!!!

I used to Minesweep quite a few bars in Plymouth, Devon when skint.

Steve Evans

cpl larry
06-01-08, 02:50 PM
Bud Light and now bud light lime

Big Jim
06-01-08, 02:52 PM
Mr. John Daniels on the rocks.....if you please....

gutinstinct
06-01-08, 02:54 PM
Grand Marnier on the rocks.

FistFu68
06-01-08, 02:56 PM
:beer: BEER NO BEER? DBL.SKYY VODKA ON THE ROCKS W/RED BULL :beer:

Clark41
06-01-08, 03:34 PM
Bud light, Coors light, (Tried a bud light lime the other day and their pretty solid but I dont think I could drink lots of them)

Im a beer and whiskey man myself so im usually caught drinking Budlight or Kentucky Gentlemen(Whiskey) or Jack Daniels if i feel like spendin a little extra.

jrhd97
06-01-08, 03:42 PM
Gave up hard stuff. Still can taste Jim on the rocks. Love a cold Yengling.

CplKJSpevak
06-01-08, 03:52 PM
Jack and coke

PatriotGirl422
06-01-08, 04:49 PM
Bud Light and now bud light lime

Agreed, Cpl. Bud Light is the ****.

Quinbo
06-01-08, 05:18 PM
It seems every year a little hanging with the boys and drinking with the crew that there is a higher price to pay the next morning.

I'm kinda fond of some German beers and hopefully will be able to find a way to ship a crate home to share with the lads. If I was to order a mixed drink it would be double beam and coke but I rarely drink that. Maybe once a year as I like it too much.

I tried and Irish whiskey lately that is a must. http://www.knappoguewhiskey.com/home.php

I avoid rum drinks or tequllia drinks but do have a taste for long island ice tea or a mai tai. I'll stick to beer and stay out of trouble.

Quinbo
06-01-08, 05:42 PM
I forgot to mention there is a VFW club north of St. Paul that offers a pretty dang good bloody mary. You get the drink poured strong with a pickle, a celery, 4 shrimp, a beef stick, 4 spanish olives and what they call a snit. Snit is a tumbler glass of beer. Then you get a boiled egg and a second piece of beef stick ... run ya about 4 bucks ....

jetdawgg
06-01-08, 05:54 PM
http://www.elitista.info/imagenes-productos/tanqueray.jpghttp://www.moleculeoftheday.com/images/Tonic_water_uv.jpg

darkgreen0311
06-01-08, 05:59 PM
Cutty Shark on the rocks.

:marine: :flag: Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Piricuaco
06-01-08, 06:57 PM
Cuervo Gold, smooth as silk going down then explodes like napalm in your guts.

tgwkreu7
06-01-08, 07:23 PM
let's all have a sip of a ZOMBIE that is if you are still standing

Wyoming
06-01-08, 08:11 PM
Besides beer? Vodka Martini .. dirty with extra olives

Same for me. MY recipe!!

... and Yengling, when my Son gets it to me.

wsky9er
06-01-08, 08:22 PM
Singapore Sling

SlingerDun
06-01-08, 08:55 PM
I looked forward to autumn when the rains softened up granite hooves and seasonal hard ciders were on tap and the more sediment and cloudier the better, until about 8 years ago. This wonderful tasting beverage is bad ass in disguise and lured me into knuckles and take-downs with an old friend on the street in the rain. Another time it was wise to leave a Taco Bell before enjoying dinner after frisbeeing the full value meal tray at a crew of surly food handlers for not wearing latex gloves and being pompous when called on it. I walked out thinking, WTF was that all about??? aaaahhh hard cider episode two!

Now i'm a High Life and Heineken man with the occasional whiskey :beer:

--->Dave

ecfree
06-01-08, 09:23 PM
A mug of Guiness,and a shot of Old Bushmill's,and good day to you.:beer:

usmchauer
06-01-08, 10:27 PM
When I wanna get "right" Crown Royal and Coke, or 7-Up... whatever is available. If I'm just chillin' or kickin' it with friends Guiness or any kind of Hefeweizen.

Cpl Keller
06-01-08, 11:07 PM
Newcastle Brown Ale

Back in the 0811 days, it was kamikazes...

Quinbo
06-01-08, 11:21 PM
I've decided I don't really care for vitezen beers. There is a strange cloves or anise aftertaste and more than one makes you pee out your butt.

Wyoming
06-01-08, 11:41 PM
Bulk, 3 posts on an alcoholic thread??

I'm beginning to wonder about you!!!

Quinbo
06-01-08, 11:59 PM
Rutt Row.... LOL
I used to be a bartender ;)

Preacher
06-02-08, 01:52 PM
glass of brandy with a good cigar.

thedrifter
06-02-08, 02:07 PM
151 Rum with a little coke

Now I do like a shot sometimes called Blowjob...;):D

Ellie

MotherGoose
06-02-08, 02:34 PM
Bud Light and Jager Bombs
:beer:

Artemis
06-02-08, 02:46 PM
Jager bombs and Whiskey Sours.

mamiehughes
06-02-08, 02:50 PM
vodka/tonic w/lime, Bud Lite or Tecate Lite W/Lime

AL49BGN
06-02-08, 03:09 PM
Absolute and cranberry.

pablox1139
06-02-08, 06:34 PM
Crown Royal on the rocks.....or beer.....good strong beer......

semperfi302
06-02-08, 10:09 PM
Old grand dad for the cheap nights....jack Daniels Single Barrel for when my pocket is feeling full!! oh and I do not know whats in it but last night got really drunk off a shot called Carrot cake WOW tastes soooo yummy....thats a great one to buy the ladies at the driftwood if you Marines are ever there!!! lol

SGT Russow
06-02-08, 11:11 PM
Yuckon Jack and Coke.!!!!!!!!! Engineers Up!! That's what they yell when the grunts blow up.

JAGarland
06-03-08, 10:36 AM
Other then beer? Jack straight!

recon532002
06-03-08, 11:56 AM
Cap full of rubbing alcohol in a Coke Thats when we got hard up during a weeked Back Alley tournament

DWG
06-03-08, 01:18 PM
A mug of Guiness,and a shot of Old Bushmill's,and good day to you.:beer:

Pour the Guiness in the dog's bowl and fill my glass up with some of that glorious Old Bushmills' Irish Whiskey! Just wish it liked me as much as I like it! Gets rougher as the years go by!

kentmitchell
06-06-08, 02:57 PM
Bushmill (I'm a Scots-Irish troublemaker like Jim Webb) but I also love my shots of tequila.
Wine gives me headaches and beer makes me fart.

Quinbo
06-06-08, 07:21 PM
Cap full of rubbing alcohol in a Coke Thats when we got hard up during a weeked Back Alley tournament

Yikes.... rubbing alchohol has perfume in it. Wood alcohol will make you go blind and drestroys internal organs. Hard up indeed. Ever heard of them fellars that drank squeeze and played spades? Squeeze was made by dumping a can of sterno into a handkerchief and squeezing out the moisture. What you ended up with is about a quarter cup of wood alcohol mixed with kerosene. Yikes again.

SgtHMH
06-06-08, 07:37 PM
Long Island Ice Tea

SF

Sgt0331
06-06-08, 07:53 PM
Captain & Coke.....:banana: Any Miller products.....:no::no:

Whitey
06-06-08, 08:11 PM
double jack and coke
diesel fuel from Flounders
irish wake from McGuires pub

Jim Oliver
06-06-08, 08:37 PM
1 ounce of a good cogniac and 1 ounce of chambourd nuked until warm in a microwave.

It is an excellent sleeping pill...especially on a cold night.

semperfi170
06-06-08, 10:08 PM
Glenlivit or Glenfiddich straight with a water chase. Good single malt scotch deserves to be sipped without being mixed or on the rocks. I enjoy ice cold Corona w/lime, Molson and Samuel Adams beers. Would drink San Miquel but it just doesn't taste the same as it did in Olongapo!

Covert One
06-06-08, 10:11 PM
Would drink it ,only if you could light it with a match!
Today, it's only coffee, smoke and women.
Five years sober!

thedrifter
06-09-08, 01:56 PM
Your cocktail says something about you.

For instance, ordering a martini says you appreciate the finer things in life, ordering a gin and tonic says you appreciate the simple things in life, and ordering a boilermaker says you appreciate knowing where your pants are. But mixed drinks go deeper than that, much deeper. When you sidle up to the bar and place your order, you open a window onto your very soul, revealing not only who you are, but also who you long to be. So know your cocktails and order with care, or you might send the wrong message.

Bellini

You have a tab at Olive Garden.

Bloody Mary

You enjoy music, long walks on the beach, and the occasional stabbing spree.

Cosmopolitan

You didn’t start drinking until after your first divorce, and didn’t start really enjoying it until after your second.

Fuzzy Navel

You’re comfortable with who you are, but you’re the only one.

Gimlet

Something about your personality makes otherwise normal people use words like “bounder” and “cad.”

Green Tea Martini

You believe in sustainable living, except for that time you backed over a baby seal in your Passat.

Harvey Wallbanger

You, or someone a lot like you, will inspire Alcoholics Anonymous to abandon the twelve-step program in favor of indiscriminate Tasing.

Jägerbomb

High school was the best six years of your life.

Kentucky Colonel

Your music collection includes a CD of jug band favorites.

Lime Rickey

You have no real love for the drink itself, but for reasons known only to yourself, you enjoy the suffering of limes.

Long Island Iced Tea

No matter how old you are, at some level, you’re still afraid your parents are going to catch you drinking.

Mai Tai

You’re attracted to exotic people and places, but not enough to get a passport.

Manhattan

You’re witty, sophisticated, and not at all jealous that the oafs pounding down Jell-O shots at the other end of the bar are getting all the best trim.

Margarita

All of your relationships have either begun or ended at a wet t-shirt contest.

Mimosa

There’s a song in your heart and diet pills in your purse.

Mint Julep

You own your own dueling pistols and aren’t afraid to use them.

Old Fashioned

Every significant event in your life has taken place on either a porch or a patio.

Orgasm

You consider yourself too classy to order a Blow Job, but not classy enough to order a Sex on the Beach.

Piņa Colada

You’re 50% lady, 50% tramp, and 50% wig.

Raging Bull

You’re indestructible, and you’re going to prove it as soon as this kick-ass song is over, just wait.

Sidecar

No one is accusing you of anything, but you’ve buried a suspiciously large number of husbands.

Singapore Sling

You learned to drink from your mother.

Tequila Slammer

You’re down-to-earth. Usually face-down.

Tom Collins

You aspire to a life of quiet dignity, but will settle for a life of quiet desperation.

Zombie

No matter what people say, you’re getting along just fine without long-term memory.¸

—Mike Richardson-Bryan

Ellie

ANGLICO0621
06-13-08, 09:27 PM
Well, I am in Iraq right now, so that could almost be ANY alcohol beverage at this point...but I do have to stay loyal to Irish Roots...a nice pint of Guiness, Irish Whisky, or I'd even do some Scotch and an Onyx Reserve Maduro...if you please.

SgtHopperUSMC
06-14-08, 05:38 AM
Back when I used to drink... Rum and Coke. Captain Morgan preferred.

mcvet57103
06-15-08, 04:36 PM
Set your freezer at -8 or lower. Put a bottle of Crown Royal in over night. Pour over Ice and sip. Nector of the Gods :thumbup:

mcvet57103
06-15-08, 04:40 PM
:banana:On a hot summer day: Bacardi 151, cream of coconut, and some pineapple juice in a blender with either ice or Vanilla Ice cream. Blend till smooth. "If you like Pina Coladas, getting caught in the rain" etc etc

ringoffire
06-16-08, 08:31 AM
Beer, Just tried Bud lite with lime...yummy

Tequila is my favorite

Ed Palmer
09-04-08, 08:03 AM
HOW BEER WORKS
http://mithuro.com/presscuefiles/january/beer_goggle.swf

SlaveToTheCorps
09-04-08, 09:14 AM
4 Horsemen: The 4 best men in my life; Jack, Jose, Johnny, and Jim. It's a shooter that involves all 4 in one shot! *yum*

sdk87to91
09-04-08, 11:00 AM
Any well whiskey on the rocks.

HurricaneRJ
09-04-08, 02:42 PM
Jacky Dee and Coke is good **** after a long work week.

But I don't think anything can beat Keystone Light. 8.99 for a 30 pack, 10 bucks to get thrashed.

SlingerDun
09-04-08, 05:41 PM
Bloody Mary....You enjoy music, long walks on the beach, and the occasional stabbing spreeYou might be a raging alcoholic but probably just chronic in believing that when hungover, drinking more alcohol which includes vitamins and minerals is the best way to hydrate and transition from worthless wreck to functional being

Mikewebe
09-04-08, 05:44 PM
beer

Alpha1Devildog
09-04-08, 06:22 PM
Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch, and Pabst Blue Ribbon. . . .

CRASH CORPORAL
09-04-08, 09:17 PM
Nothing better than an ice cold heineken with a sambuca chaser

for a shot...an irish car bomb (baileys irish cream and jameson whiskey shot, dropped into a frosty half mug of guiness)

RYDERKUR
09-04-08, 10:33 PM
On a junior Marine's budget, a thirty snack of Busch Light, haha

iceman7570
09-05-08, 04:59 PM
Wild Turkey on the rocks,Turkey and coke, got the wife hooked on that one...lol And I love my tequila straight or as a Prairie Fire................:beer:

UsmcMotorT
09-05-08, 07:47 PM
Yeager Bomb

Eric Hood
09-06-08, 07:04 AM
Warm water in a plastic canteen. OOH-RAH!

oldtop
09-06-08, 07:10 AM
Jack Daniels Single Barrel..neat
Gentleman Jack with Coke
Jack Daniels Black and coke

SupChf
09-08-08, 08:26 AM
Ice cold beer with Jack Daniels chaser....Bloody Mary the next morning to "shake off the cobwebs", then repeat.

1Marine4Life
09-09-08, 08:51 AM
Warm water in a plastic canteen. OOH-RAH!

It CAN make you puke. :sick: I've seen it happen as I'm sure others here have too. LOL

Give me Vodka with splash of cranberry juice and I'm in business.