PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft

gunnyhiles
06-01-08, 10:10 AM
I have always had problems with MS, but lately it is the straw breaker. I keep getting the "Blue Screen" and any program I have shuts down. Hope it stays long enough to send this.
Any how, I ordered an iMac from AAFES and look forward to learning and using one that does not require so many different applications, virus protectors, etc to run.
What are your thought between the two?

GySgtRet
06-01-08, 01:06 PM
My 2 cents from a IT prospective. Since you didn't say which MS product your speaking of I will assume it is Windows XP Pro 32 bit a commaon program for people buying to setup their computers. The BSOD happens when drivers are obsolete sometimes or it isn't up to date. I built my current machine over 4 years ago and no BSOD. I may be pushing the envelope but maybe it is just my luck. I have Windows XP Pro 32 bit and it works flawlwssly. I should have gotten a better version but what I didn't know at the time hasn't hindered be whatsoever. MAC, I bought my daughter a MAC for college because that is what she needed to do her school work. It also works flawlessly with a couple of drawbacks, software is expensive and scarce to buy and find. Your MAC will work great. I have heard that MAC are excepting software from most manufactures and are doing away with the proprietary rules that they self imposed on themselves.

Good luck with your MAC.

Semper Fi

:usmc:

gunnyhiles
06-01-08, 01:27 PM
The computer I have is old. I and the repair guys have worked on it; "Tweaking" it over the years to the point the components have no idea who belongs there or where. Therein is the major problem with MS. The iMac is built with components developed specifically their machines, and now with Mac I can still use Office 2007 and Outlook. The other programs I have bought over the years are for the most part of the system. I have spent a lot of money playing with it, then paying to unscrew my screw up, but it was fun. I’ll move my stuff to an external drive then reformat and start back with only the basics and deed to my grandkids.<O:p

Thanks for the reply and Semper Fi, (I never get tired saying that)

GySgtRet
06-01-08, 01:33 PM
I never get tired of Semper Fi either. It just might catch on one of these days...!!!

It sounds like you are experimenting with your computer and just need a good reason to get a new toy. Your entitled do it!

Good luck with the MAC.

gunnyhiles
06-01-08, 06:04 PM
Don't you remember "The one that dies with the most toys wins"

GySgtRet
06-01-08, 07:43 PM
I agree with that one whole heartedly. A man has got to have his toys.

gunnyhiles
06-01-08, 09:14 PM
Should get here next week, might need to pick your brain some