PDA

View Full Version : Duty Station Questions

Vanderveer
05-30-08, 09:45 AM
I am new to the whol Military wife thing, although my father was in the Coast Guard for 20 years, I didnt live with him..... Anyway, we just got married last October when he got back from his tour in Iraq! He had just reenlisted before he went, and he says he "reenlisted in supply for all the wrong reasons". I know that sitting behind a desk in supply is not at all what he had in mind when he enlisted in the first place, and what made him reenlist back into supply, I will never know.... but one thing I know is how much he hates it!

Anyway, when he came back in September of 07, we were to get orders to our choice of duty station, and we came to Ft. Sill Oklahoma...... well, I hate to say it, but the town in itself is TERRIBLE! I would rather go back to Camp Lejeune, NC than be here even tho We are only 3-7 hours away from all of our family!

My husbands GySgt is going to be retired in August, but he is coming back as a civilian. Needless to say my husband and this man do not get along whatsoever! there are only 100 Permanent personel at this post, and most of them are strictly here for the artellery school!

Anyway, I just was wondering if there was any way that we could get orders to move any sooner than the 2 year mark..... we have been here since December..... I just dont like the way that his GySgt plays games with his head, My husband has enough problems with PTSD, and family issues outside of our house, to deal with someone messing with his head all the time.... I think it would be easier for him if there were other Marines in his shop, but there arent, and there is not going to be..... Its only going to be my husband and the Gy....

Anyway, any suggestions on how to help him cope? or how we can get out of here? anything?

Thanks so much

By the way, I am new here! :)

sscjoe
05-30-08, 10:03 AM
If you like I can PM you on this. The Gunny will be a civilian and subject to the harassment policies of the installation and civilian personnell.

Vanderveer
05-30-08, 10:23 AM
PM sounds fine, I am just frusterated... I have to go take my husband his Bluse for a funeral, and Oay a coupld of bills, I should be back in a couple of hours though!

Hope to talk to you soon... thanks.....
Also the Gy is going to hold the rank of a GS 11 I believe........ dont know if that matters or not??

mskassie
06-01-08, 04:00 PM
GS 11 is a pay grade, not a rank, he will be a civilian and everything will be different...I wish you both well!

ces1
10-04-08, 10:54 PM
Suggest to your husband that he contact his Monitor and tell him that he is ready to report to a new duty station at any time. If you don't ask, you don't get.

0231Marine
10-06-08, 11:50 AM
PM sounds fine, I am just frusterated... I have to go take my husband his Bluse for a funeral, and Oay a coupld of bills, I should be back in a couple of hours though!

Hope to talk to you soon... thanks.....
Also the Gy is going to hold the rank of a GS 11 I believe........ dont know if that matters or not??

He should have no trouble with this Gunny after he retires. It doesn't matter what rank he was when he gets out, if he's coming back as a GS/GG - whatever, he does not have authority over your husband and most certainly does not outrank him any longer. Tell your husband to stick with it until the Gunny retires and then he can tell him to shove it if there's something he doesn't like about him.