PDA

View Full Version : update!

Tegan
05-29-08, 12:57 PM
hey everyone.. well were finally settled in here in iraq, and its not bad. the worst thing about it is the heat. being in the airwing, i must tell you that i am even more proud of the grunts here. i have no idea how they do it, let them call me a POG all day long, but i still have respect for them. other than that all is well here. i have acclimatized pretty good but everyday someone else tells me about how its just going to get hotter..
i cant say i miss anything food wise yet.. but im sure as the time gets closer for us to go home, ill want to eat anything!
im out of time, but just thought id let you all know that the deployment is going good and im alright.
miss you all!

Tegan

AL49BGN
05-29-08, 02:36 PM
:thumbup: Good Luck Marine and stay safe.The heat sucks,I can still remember that Desert heat in Saudi Arabia and kuwait.I do not envy you.

outlaw3179
05-29-08, 02:39 PM
Just make sure you keep drinking water Tegan. Stay safe Marine.

sparkie
05-29-08, 05:58 PM
When you are old, you Will remember this day,,,,,, Don't neglect to tell your grandkids. Godspeed,

E5NAMKROW
05-29-08, 06:00 PM
My prayers are with you Brother. Oops, are we alowed to say prayers?
Semper Fidelis Brother and thanks for letting me sleep at night.

davblay
05-29-08, 06:24 PM
God Speed my sister! May he keep an eye on you all while you are there!
My best to all the Marines, and Thank you for your service.

Semper Fi,

Dave

E5NAMKROW
05-29-08, 06:27 PM
My prayers are with you Brother. Oops, are we alowed to say prayers?
Semper Fidelis Brother and thanks for letting me sleep at night.

Sorry about the Brother part. No disrespect intended Corporal, just habit.
Semper Fidelis SISTER! OORAH

Jim Oliver
05-29-08, 06:34 PM
May the Lord answer you in times of trouble

The name of Jacob's G-d keep you safe.

shalom and G-d's speed

Semper Fi

Marine84
05-29-08, 06:44 PM
Tegan - Semper Fi my Sister! Stay safe and thank you for paving a way for future Sisters!

Big Jim
05-29-08, 08:18 PM
Tegan...I hated the dam heat too. I remember it in 90-91...WHEW!!! Stay safe and God speed!! If you need a food/sundry box or something...just let me know, ok? I can put one together no prob....stay safe, sis!!!!!

Cpl Keller
05-29-08, 10:24 PM
Stay safe sister- be smart and live to serve another day.
Remember that there are many who are proud of you.

wannabeusmc2
05-29-08, 10:27 PM
i dont know if i am allowed to post here, but i just want to say thank you to this Marine and all of you for making it able for me to sit in my house safe at night and sleep under the red white and blue. You'll be in my prayers, stay safe over there.

getakloomw
05-29-08, 10:50 PM
stay safe marine.I was with scarface during desert shield/storm, flightline.

question to you is there a bill dial with your unit? In 92 he was a ssgt

Wyoming
05-29-08, 11:33 PM
Tegan, My Sister!!!

Be Safe and relish the experiences.

Keep a journal.

Let us hear.

Semper Fidelis My Sister!!!

pablox1139
05-30-08, 01:42 PM
Stay safe..god bless...Semper Fi!

Tegan
06-06-08, 04:57 AM
Thanks everyone! Time is flying by and as soon as I get to work, its time to go back to the can and sleep for a little bit and start the fun all over again. BigAl, you would have laughed. I went to chow with my OIC the other day and this LCpl walks by and drops his napkins on the deck. He just kept on truckin' so i hollered out to him and told him to pick up his mess. My OIC's jaw dropped, i guess it was entertaining to him.. I have run into a few females from bootcamp and im trying to work something out to go up north to see my brother for a day or two, but i doubt its going to happen.
I have had some of the most crazy dreams here too. Really bad nightmares about pilots to dreams about shopping at the mall. ... oh man..
Well, thanks for all the well wishes. I have seen some amazing things here so far and its so fascinating how all these young Marines do the job they do. Marine84, enjoy a nice cold drink for me, eh?

Jim Oliver
06-06-08, 06:42 AM
Tegan,
A little light reading when you get the chance.

Semper Fi

If you can read this whole story without laughing, then there's no hope for you. I was crying by the end. This is an actual account as relayed to paramedics at a chili cook-off in Texas .
Note: PleaseThis take time to read this slowly. If you pay attention to the first two judges, the reaction of the third judge is even better.
For those of you who have lived in Texas , you know how true this is. They actually have a Chili Cook-off about the time Halloween comes around. It takes up a major portion of a parking lot at theSan Antonio City Park .
Judge #3 was an inexperienced Chili taster named Frank, who was visiting from Springfield , IL . Frank: "Recently, I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table, asking for directions to the Coors Light truck, when the call came in. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy; and, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted and became Judge 3."

Here are the scorecard notes from the event:
CHILI # 1 - MIKE'S MANIAC MONSTER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A little too heavy on the tomato. Amusing kick.
Judge # 2 -- Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.
Judge # 3 (Frank) -- Holy crap, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

CHILI # 2 - AUSTIN 'S AFTERBURNER CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight jalapeno tang.
Judge # 2 -- Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
Judge # 3 -- Keep this out of the reach of children. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3 - FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

Judge # 1 -- Excellent firehouse chili. Great kick.
Judge # 2 -- A bit salty, good use of peppers.
Judge # 3 -- Call the EPA. I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back, now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting ****-faced from all of the beer.

CHILI # 4 - BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC

Judge # 1 -- Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
Judge # 2 -- Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
Judge # 3 -- I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Is it possible to burn out taste buds? Sally, the beer maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills. This 300 lb. woman is starting to look HOT .. just like this nuclear waste I'm eating! Is chili an aphrodisiac?

CHILI # 5 - LISA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

Judge # 1 -- Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
Judge # 2 -- Chili using shredded beef, could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
Judge # 3 -- My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted, and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from the pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off. It really ticks me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw them.

CHILI # 6 - VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

Judge # 1 -- Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spices and peppers.
Judge # 2 -- The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, garlic. Superb.
Judge # 3 -- My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I crapped on myself when I farted, and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that Sally. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my butt with a snow cone.

CHILI # 7 - SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

Judge # 1 -- A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
Judge # 2 -- Ho hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. **I should take note that I am worried about Judge # 3. He appears to be a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.
Judge # 3 -- You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a thing. I've lost sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava to match my shirt. At least during the autopsy, they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing it's too painful. Screw it; I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4-inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8 - BIG TOM'S TOENAIL CURLING CHILI

Judge # 1 -- The perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili. Not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
Judge # 2 -- This final entry is a good, balanced chili. Neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge #3 farted, passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor feller, wonder how he'd have reacted to really hot chili?
Judge # 3 - No Report

awbrown1462
06-06-08, 08:05 AM
Here is a nice prayer for you My Sister
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Almighty Father, whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones, and Thee without shame or fear. Protect my family.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P> </O:P>
Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my Country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold.<O:P> </O:P>
If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again.<O:P> </O:P>
Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MotherGoose
06-06-08, 08:16 AM
Glad to hear you are safe. I hope you are not too busy or not too bored! God bless and Semper Fi!

Tegan
06-15-08, 12:58 PM
hey everyone, i put up a picture of me on my profile out here in the dirt. thanks for the prayers and the reading. they really lighten up my mood here:)

Jim Oliver
06-15-08, 01:23 PM
Tegan,

Very nice picture. Love to put a face with a name. Especially one so pretty.

Stay safe.

Semper Fi

tntmondy
06-15-08, 04:13 PM
Good luck and God speed. Be safe.

ecfree
06-15-08, 08:45 PM
Tegan,you go girl............:yes:
Stay safe,and God bless.

Backblast
06-16-08, 07:03 AM
You might be an air winger but keep that head on a swivel, check?

Thanks for giving the grunts love...they need it. They might call you POG, or monkey wrench but remember that they are your brothers. We all take care of each other out there. Your job is just as important as the Machinegunner's job. Never forget that. Grunts count on the birds to fly and we love seeing deliverance from above.

Let us know if you need any dip er something...

Make us proud Corporal.

Oh-freaking-RAH!!:evilgrin:

:usmc:

DI DAN
06-16-08, 03:27 PM
Stay safe Marine!

Wyoming
06-16-08, 09:16 PM
Tegan,

Very nice picture. Love to put a face with a name. Especially one so pretty.

Stay safe.

Semper Fi

Knock it off. I've been working with Tegan for a good while. Don't queer my deal!!

Just funning! Tegan is good people and a GREAT Marine.

Marine84
06-16-08, 09:42 PM
Marine84, enjoy a nice cold drink for me, eh

I will girl! What's your favorite drink? I'll make one and take a pic of me holding it saluting you!

Glad everything is OK with ya my Sister.