PDA

View Full Version : General Giap

gunnyhiles
05-28-08, 09:49 AM
Gen. Giap was a very famous and knowledgeable General in the North Vietnamese Army.
General Giap was a brilliant, highly respected leader of the North Vietnam military. The following quote is from his memoirs currently found in the Vietnam war memorial in Hanoi:
"What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it. But we were elated to notice your media was definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. We were ready to surrender. You had won!"
General Giap has published his memoirs and confirmed what most Americans knew. The Vietnam war was not lost in Vietnam -- it was lost at home .
The exact same slippery slope, sponsored by the US media, is currently well underway. It exposes the enormous power of a biased media to cut out the heart and will of the American public. With the help of the democratic party and the drive by media we don't stand a chance.
A truism worthy of note:
Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honor.

DROD
05-28-08, 10:03 AM
Great Read ! You're exactly right!

OLE SARG I
05-28-08, 11:03 AM
Maybe we should try and get General Giap to help our current bunch of ****heads in our congress today. What a bunch of clueless pieces of ****!!!!!! Their motto: ALL FOR ME AND **** THE VOTERS AND THE *******S WHO PUT ME IN THIS PLUSH JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

yellowwing
05-28-08, 11:08 AM
The above story is a false urban legend (http://www.snopes.com/quotes/giap.asp) that was originally crafted as part of the paid swift boat campaign.

Its easy for folks to get away with a lie if others want to believe it. That's what they count on. :thumbdown

gunnyhiles
05-28-08, 11:28 AM
Mmmm,
Seems I was wrong on that post, thanks for clarifying!

AL49BGN
05-28-08, 11:48 AM
Our Members Of Congress Need To Learn From Our Past Mistakes Before They Wave The Wight Flag In Iraq.I Guess Their Political Goals Are More Important Then Our National Security,as It Was In The Seventies When Congress Defunded And Abandoned Our South Vietnamese Allies.