PDA

View Full Version : Sleeve tailoring

Frankydp
05-25-08, 03:04 PM
I have tailored a pair of cammies for summer wear in garrison to improve appearance and to reduce time wasted rolling.

Warning this is not an authorized modification.

I removed the entire cuff. Re-stitched the fabric to a clean edge.

Remove the outer layer of the elbow pad carrier.

Cut and stitched down the bottom 3/4" of the sleeve pocket to reduce the fabric bulk. This is the bottom and the two corners of the pocket.

Now for the hard part. I remove the entire under arm seem that is stitched curved which is the primary reason for the ****ty roll problem and removed the excess fabric and over lapped the seem for a uniformed straight line.

Three or four rolls in one before the last roll I stitched down the sleeve with a semi hard plastic insert in the second to last roll. Plastic in the soda bottle range.

The last roll should always be real to give smooth and unaltered look. Not for the rookie seamstress. My wife being the veteran sewer. Always remove plastic insert and last roll before washing. Replace and roll on fold and go. Obviously only for garrison but a big time saver and just looks **** hot.

I was looking for other concepts for sleeve modification. If anyone has some.

Frankydp
05-25-08, 03:19 PM
Is there really a bad word filter on a Marine Corps community forums? wow

ecfree
05-25-08, 09:19 PM
Hey Frankydp,welcome aboard son...............................NOW PROFILE UP:evilgrin:

Petz
08-11-08, 07:06 AM
I have tailored a pair of cammies for summer wear in garrison to improve appearance and to reduce time wasted rolling.

Warning this is not an authorized modification.

I removed the entire cuff. Re-stitched the fabric to a clean edge.

Remove the outer layer of the elbow pad carrier.

Cut and stitched down the bottom 3/4" of the sleeve pocket to reduce the fabric bulk. This is the bottom and the two corners of the pocket.

Now for the hard part. I remove the entire under arm seem that is stitched curved which is the primary reason for the ****ty roll problem and removed the excess fabric and over lapped the seem for a uniformed straight line.

Three or four rolls in one before the last roll I stitched down the sleeve with a semi hard plastic insert in the second to last roll. Plastic in the soda bottle range.

The last roll should always be real to give smooth and unaltered look. Not for the rookie seamstress. My wife being the veteran sewer. Always remove plastic insert and last roll before washing. Replace and roll on fold and go. Obviously only for garrison but a big time saver and just looks **** hot.

I was looking for other concepts for sleeve modification. If anyone has some.

though he hasn't come back since he posted, I wanted to make a comment about what he said.

If you have to destroy a pair of cammies in order to make it look good, I have to say you can't roll your sleeves worth a damn. You need to stop being a **** bird and learn to roll them sleeves properly.

The only people authorized to cut their sleeves are those Marines with guns so big their arms can't fit in.... and usually at that point they buy a larger set of cammies an take the arms off of those to put on, or in order to roll the sleeves they (this is the authorized part) cut them up to the elbow at the seem and roll it the rest of the way up. This still allows the sleeve to be stitched back up, it is the only authorized way and it's not meant for skinny Marines.

UsmcMotorT
08-15-08, 09:13 AM
though he hasn't come back since he posted, I wanted to make a comment about what he said.

If you have to destroy a pair of cammies in order to make it look good, I have to say you can't roll your sleeves worth a damn. You need to stop being a **** bird and learn to roll them sleeves properly.

The only people authorized to cut their sleeves are those Marines with guns so big their arms can't fit in.... and usually at that point they buy a larger set of cammies an take the arms off of those to put on, or in order to roll the sleeves they (this is the authorized part) cut them up to the elbow at the seem and roll it the rest of the way up. This still allows the sleeve to be stitched back up, it is the only authorized way and it's not meant for skinny Marines.

Yea I have big arms, I dont cut the sleeves though. Sometimes the sleeves are so tight it cuts off my circulation. A bigger size Blouse would look like a maternity shirt, so I just suck it up with the Medium.

Petz
08-15-08, 11:58 PM
Yea I have big arms, I dont cut the sleeves though. Sometimes the sleeves are so tight it cuts off my circulation. A bigger size Blouse would look like a maternity shirt, so I just suck it up with the Medium.

you know you rate buying the bigger one and having it tailored down on the seams right?