PDA

View Full Version : When will they give the military a...

Swampyankee
05-23-08, 02:37 PM
spending bill without polluting it with their abortions? This has always caused me a butte ache. I've sent my feelings to my representatives about this abominable practise of theirs of adding garbage to a bill which ought to be clean and unadulterated. Our military deserves to to have a spending bill all their own in which every penny goes to their needs. If I have to wonder if my words fall on deaf ears, all I can say is they did or tried to do it again. I think this time one attachment was an ammnesty bill put together behind closed doors.:mad:

They say the cold war is over, I say the front only moved to DC.

Disclaimer: I'm not against immigration, I'm against criminals and those that aide and abet their activity. I guess that's most of the DC crowd. They like to pat themselves on the back for passing a law giving vets with green cards citizenship. I think that's a no brainer and doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Of course you give vets citizenship, they've done more than most who were born here. How much time and money was wasted debating that question? And finally they were so proud of themselves for thinking they had an original idea when in reality it was done during the Civil War. That's how a lot of the Irish became Americans.

Sorry for the rant, I wrote to the jackasses again over their refusal to drill for oil in our own territory. I've been hearing this song and dance about how we need to end our dependance on oil since the first enegy crisis. And that's all its been, talk, talk, talk, blah, blah, blah, We can go to the moon and think about going to Mars but to provide the basic need of the people is beyond their comprehension. Then they hold court on the oil companies to shift the responsibilty for the government's part in the high price of gas. Sure, maybe getting ahead isn't the American way according to these commies, but if they didn't need to ship (shipping cost) oil in from countries that control the prices (despots who hate America and gouge us and probably need a little extra on the side) Maybe we'd have more affordable gas. And of course thier answer is predictable. "I'm glad to hear from you and will take your concerns into consideration. But in the end I'll do whatever I like."

Why do I bother?

sscjoe
05-23-08, 02:56 PM
They also added on to allocate more money to the Space Shuttle program. Unless thet think they can find oil on Mars or the Moon who cares about space exploration, unless of course they are looking for a new place to live when this place goes to total s--t.