PDA

View Full Version : Perfect PFT help

GregsDad
05-22-08, 09:20 AM
My son is a LCpl in the Corps about a year and a half. I wont list his MOS but it is the longest technical school in aviation ground support (as far as Dad understands). Although he is a technical Marine he prides himself on being an Oooh Rahhh Marine (recieved his LCpl Meritorious after his last school way ahead of his time in grade). His school Sgt believes in 8 mile runs, Indian Runs etc and My LCpl luvs making his Sgt unhappy by excelling at his PT. He is the class leader and now Section Leader over about 40 Marines and does his best to get them moto'd to workout extra.

He has recently decided to go for a perfect PFT, which will help him get Honorman, before he gradutates this fall. Already running a little over 19mins for the 3mi, 17-18 pullups and think he said over 100 crunchs. Any advice from you Marines on things he can do to accomplish this?

Thanks,
VPMD
Jim

OB MSG
05-22-08, 09:46 AM
Sir,

Do a search, there are plenty of threads in here on PT and accomplishing the much sought "Perfect Score" PFT.

A little advice for him though: For the the run, do interval training as well as long distance. He can go on a run and do sprints from one telephone pole to the next or whatever markers he chooses to use. For the pullups, there's a thread about the Recon-Ron pullup system and others in here that should help to put him over the 20 mark in short order. The crunches he is fine on so no advice necessary there.

Send him our best and tell hiim to keep up the good work! Keep us posted.