PDA

View Full Version : Phone Call?

proudashellmama
05-21-08, 08:22 PM
Sorry about the previous thread... I do believe my profile is filled out now....

My next question is... How soon after a recruit gets to MCRD are they allowed to call home to let parents know they have made it there safe?

Thanks

Big Jim
05-21-08, 08:27 PM
Sorry about the previous thread... I do believe my profile is filled out now....

My next question is... How soon after a recruit gets to MCRD are they allowed to call home to let parents know they have made it there safe?

Thanks

As soon as they arrive and begin their recieving process...I think it was 4 hours after they got there that a friend of mine got a call from his son...so I'd just use that as a rule of thumb.

proudashellmama
05-21-08, 08:40 PM
Ok well that's weird. He musta got in about 10:30 pm Cali time and no word yet....

any ideas?

Big Jim
05-21-08, 08:46 PM
Ok well that's weird. He musta got in about 10:30 pm Cali time and no word yet....

any ideas?

He'll call...trust me...they make them call...whether they want to or not...just wait by the phone for that call...and don't worry so much, ok? The boy is in good hands...

proudashellmama
05-22-08, 01:01 PM
Hi all - update here... he called last night right after I posted. As you said, he's fine...just finished his innoculations and on his way to boot camp. I imagine he's having a blast about now...

I just keep saying to myself... this is what he wanted....lol

marinemom
05-22-08, 01:14 PM
Yep - it is what he wanted and you should be very proud - not too sure about him having "a blast", tho. He has just entered a whole new world and will exit on the other side as someone you do not know right now. But hte transformation is amazing, and you will never know how proud you can be until you see him walk across that parade deck.

On the other hand, think of his time at the Depot as payback for all the worrying, the not so clean room, the first day of driving and any other gray hair causing item. God does love mothers, lol.

proudashellmama
05-22-08, 02:00 PM
This young man never ceases to amaze me. He has already shown so much growth these past couple of years. He will be a great Marine and is a great son. I watched his older brother graduate Navy Bootcamp and then Corpsman School Boot Camp. Hence my screen name...

Thanks Marine Mom and Big Jim....

davblay
05-22-08, 02:05 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60314

Follow this link and PM me ok? :marine:

Dave

Wardey
05-23-08, 10:49 AM
My son deployed at 2:00 monday, May 12 and I received a call from him at about 10:00 pm. They had stopped for gas at a gas station and they let them call the last time before entering PI. Later on I receved a call about 11:15 with the official call that he had made it to PI. Dave

ScottsMom
05-23-08, 01:14 PM
I received "the" phone call about 3:30AM back in August 2007. I missed him terribly but seeing him on graduation day made him being gone for 3 months was well worth it!! Sit back, enjoy and write, write, and write some more!

AL49BGN
05-23-08, 01:33 PM
Good luck to your son,maam.I am sure you are very proud of him.He will make a fine Marine

melodyr317
07-07-08, 03:03 PM
My boy left today heading to the island,I miss him terribly already,I know he will be a man when he returns but momma still misses my boy.:cry: