PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Fuel for 85 Cents a Gallon Draws Lines

jetdawgg
05-20-08, 10:38 AM
VESTAVIA HILLS, Ala. (AP) - Drivers these days will line up by the dozens and wait more than an hour for low-cost gas, even if it's not conventional gas. <br />
<br />
A Birmingham-area service station drew...

awbrown1462
05-20-08, 11:27 AM
cool but reg price is still over $3.00 a gal

Gary Hall
05-20-08, 11:37 AM
Coming from one who worked on drilling rigs over 50 years. I believed in the industry until I noted diesel which about a year ago was selling for less than the cheapest gasoline, suddenly jumped ahead to the highest cost. I agree this is a blatant ripoff. I also know that the only way for any relief is competition, incrementally, (inche by inche anything is a cinche), as is this beginning effort. I wish them well. Gary Hall.

SlingerDun
05-20-08, 06:40 PM
It was somewhere around 1980 many ranchers and farmers were still seen driving to town for supplies in the last of the 2 wheel drive station wagons, chaining up when the snow flies. Thats about when we noticed 4x4 pickups and suburbans barreling down the road piloted by a single occupant wearing a suit or dress. It was comical and made no sense to us, these fuel hogs were designed to haul stock trailers, equipment and a crew on bad roads and weather, not a trip to the office. That was the cowhands practical take on extravagance. Now its common and were all paying for it.

--->Dave