PDA

View Full Version : Man VS Wild or Survivor-man?

egbutler1
05-18-08, 12:43 AM
I don't know bout you all but, I think Man VS Wild is 100x better than Survivorman. Bear was in the SAS and did so much **** in his life thus far aka climb Everest or float across the arctic, and this Les guy from Survivorman is just an over glorified camper. Bear puts himself into some crazy ass situations granted he many get some help from time to time, or not even stay in the bush for the night, whatever he needs to prove nothing, a man who climbs down a 120ft waterfall with vines found in the forest is a bad ass. So I guess I wanted to know all of your opinions on Bear VS Les (Man VS Wild VS Survivorman). Bear is the ultimate badass in my opinion. What do you think Marines? Sound OFF!

SlingerDun
05-18-08, 01:30 AM
Bears' a bit hyper and hell i ain't gonna scale no rock monoliths or repel from spliced vines on an empty stomach and stingy canteen ifin i can pick my way around it. Though i was amused when he tried to take the back of a turned out horse in the Sierra's. Les is more practical and much like the average Joe camper stranded in the tules except that he's usually not in a hurry which most lost people are including Bear, and that appears to be part of his underlying message. I learn from both of them.

--->Dave

silverdollar
05-18-08, 08:46 AM
I think Bear could survive on his own, I think that Les would be dead in a week.

erased
05-18-08, 10:02 AM
I liked Man vs Wild until I learned the show is completely fake. The man stays in a hotel during the filming and his production crew takes good care of him (eg the infamous goat). Bear may have a more prestigious history than Les, but he's a phony.

SlingerDun
05-18-08, 06:24 PM
They're both thoroughly prepped and tutored by local advisor's before they enter any given environment and creative editing works magic.

darkgreen0311
05-18-08, 07:04 PM
Survivorman is better he's in the wilderness with no cameraman. You know damn well bear eats good out there with his camera crew and he's so over dramatic.

:marine: :flag: Semper Fi 4 Life
Yours is not to question why but to do or die!!!

Lance Smutzer
05-18-08, 07:59 PM
I had watched survivorman last week and it is the last one I see, I watch Bear as much as I can. Bear shows how to survive in certain situations (not like I will get myself in these)but well worth the knowledge and entertainment purposes. Bear makes the show fun and worth taking risks. Whereas survivorman, the episode I had seen he was in Utah or someplace like that and he looked at the camera and said I cant take it out here much longer I am out of here. That did it for me. Between the two Bear wins hands down.

SlingerDun
05-19-08, 03:07 AM
It was briefly surprising to see 'Survivor Man' quit Utah. Yet a poorly outfitted suaree into the Colorado Plateau and all its remoteness can lay waste to anybody subsisting on a few Frito's, sage rat and scummy water...

The canyon country does not always inspire love. To many it appears barren, hostile, repellent. A fearsome land of rock and heat, sand dunes and quicksand, cactus, thornbush, scorpion, rattlesnake and agoraphobic distances. To those who see our land in that manner, the best reply is yes, you are right, it is a dangerous and terrible place. Enter at your own risk. Carry water. Avoid the noonday sun. Try to ignore the vultures. Pray frequently.

~Edward Abbey,

The Journey Home.

lucien2
05-19-08, 06:18 AM
I watch them both, they are both interesting.