PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to U.S. Veterans & Military

thedrifter
05-17-08, 06:07 AM
A Tribute to U.S. Veterans & Military - Visit the Historical Photo Collection at VetFriends.com

VetFriends.com would like to take a moment to reflect on the many brave men and women who have given their lives in the service and protection of our great country. We additionally would like to thank all of our veteran brothers and sisters, active and reserve military of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard. Our military photo collection is a tribute to all of our heroes.

Charleston, SC (PRWEB) May 16, 2008 -- This Memorial Day, Americans will come together to honor our fallen U.S. soldiers, while thanking our U.S. veterans and active military. VetFriends.com -- the largest Web site for reuniting U.S. veterans -- encourages the community to visit an authentic collection of online military photos in honor of the many brave men and women who have served or who are serving in the U.S. Armed Forces. All photos were submitted by U.S. veterans, active military, family and friends -- with photos spanning from pre World War I to the present.

The VetFriends.com photo collection at www.vetfriends.com/militarypics is made up of thousands of pictures in honor of U.S. military personnel. Visitors can search for images by specific military branch, year, war, state and country. Each picture contains background information along with a brief message or description. To promote reuniting, an "e-mail reply option" is available with each photo, where users can send thank you comments, questions and information requests to the person who submitted the photo.

After reuniting with a Vietnam service buddy through VetFriends.com, veteran K. David Herbert writes to VetFriends.com:

"A couple of months after posting my photo, I received an e-mail from VetFriends saying someone was trying to get in touch with me. It turned out to be the photographer of my picture and a friend...We have since been exchanging e-mails and he has even added a few pictures of his own to VetFriends too...It was fantastic to hear from him. Thank you VetFriends!"

Honor a Loved One Who Served -- Post Their Photo in the VetFriends Collection. All photos, both color and black and white can be uploaded free at http://www.vetfriends.com/MilitaryPics/image_upload.cfm, where they are then edited, resized, approved for content and posted live for the world to see.

Visitors to VetFriends.com can further submit personal reunion stories, military jokes, lingo and cadences. Other features include: search over 863,000 veterans, active military, family and friends; information on how to receive your own or a family member's military records and medals; reunion postings; message boards; military discounts and more.

VetFriends.com was founded in 2000 by U.S. veteran of Desert Storm, Dale F. Sutcliffe. Since then, thousands of people have been reconnected through VetFriends.com, spanning from World War II through to Operation Desert Storm and the present. For more information please contact Maynard Anderson at (843) 856-2867

Ellie