PDA

View Full Version : New Taurus .40 Cal Semi - Auto!

ENGR1371
05-16-08, 07:17 PM
I just bought this new pistol, Taurus 24 / 7 Pro .40 Cal, pretty sweet firearm!
http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=100&category=Pistol
You couldn't beat the price! Under $325 w/rebates, transfer fees, (2) 15 round mags, 1 yr. free enrollment in the NRA, lifetime warranty! The grips are awesome - RibberGrips! Heinie sights! Opinions? For the price I couldn't beat it! It's my PPW! I have a concealed weapons permit to carry! What say you?

Semper FI!

yellowwing
05-16-08, 07:38 PM
Short barrel. If the dude is in the same room that seems okay with a 40.

I had a Bro on the Base Pistol Team. He could make head shots with a 45 at 50 yards. Spooky!

SGT7477
05-16-08, 07:39 PM
45 is the only way to go.

yellowwing
05-16-08, 07:41 PM
(2) 15 round mags
Sheet! Ten rounds of 40 into a burglar and that's about it. Forget the paramedic, call the coroner.

Big Jim
05-17-08, 02:24 AM
Sweet pistol!! Good price too! How are your patterns at 50 feet? Is there significant recoil??? I might look into getting one!! My favorite pistol to shoot is my .357 Desert Eagle, blued steel....I love the perfect balance of it in my hand...fits me and my personality like a glove!!!

Twitchell
05-17-08, 12:18 PM
Damn that looks pretty good for the price. I love my Kimber Custom II 45, but it isn't the most consealed carry freindly gun because of the weight. Plus It is so expensive, I am affraid to scratch, or bang it up.
Maybe I'll look into one of those for my consealed. I want a glock 27, but once again $$$$.

Finger
05-17-08, 12:44 PM
Nice piece Engr. That round will do the trick. It's all about shot placement.

S/F
Finger

ENGR1371
05-17-08, 02:39 PM
At 25 & 50 Yds. w/ .40 135 Corban HP & .40 Hornady T.A.P Ammo:
135 Grain Corban PwrBall 25 yds. - 1/2" group, 1" group - very destructive ammo. Big holes! Expands alot!
155 grain Horandy - 25 yds. 1/2" or less, 50 yds, 1 - 1 1/2"
The feel of the pistol is great, I love these Ribber grips, Pretty accurate, It has a pretty low recoil. I imagine if I went w/the 180 grain I would really feel the kick! However, it's just my daily carry gun, 1 in the pipe & 15 rnds in the mag! I'm good to go! I'm telling you, 1 of these rounds in someone & it's all over!! These rounds are Self-defense rounds & they have 1 purpose & 1 purpose only: TO KILL!

Semper Fi!:thumbup:

thewookie
05-17-08, 11:53 PM
At 25 & 50 Yds. w/ .40 135 Corban HP & .40 Hornady T.A.P Ammo:
135 Grain Corban PwrBall 25 yds. - 1/2" group, 1" group - very destructive ammo. Big holes! Expands alot!
155 grain Horandy - 25 yds. 1/2" or less, 50 yds, 1 - 1 1/2"
The feel of the pistol is great, I love these Ribber grips, Pretty accurate, It has a pretty low recoil. I imagine if I went w/the 180 grain I would really feel the kick! However, it's just my daily carry gun, 1 in the pipe & 15 rnds in the mag! I'm good to go! I'm telling you, 1 of these rounds in someone & it's all over!! These rounds are Self-defense rounds & they have 1 purpose & 1 purpose only: TO KILL!

Semper Fi!:thumbup:

1/2" group at 25 yds, man that's as tight as a nun's puzzy. Is that bench rested?

CplKJSpevak
05-18-08, 01:13 PM
I had to send my Rossi .357 back to the factory after 50 rounds....the cylinder wasn't cycling correctly...I bought my son a S&W .38 it seems real solid....my question is does anybody own a Taurus Revolver and if so..how dependable? Braztech owns Taurus and Rossi.....or should I just save for the S&W?

SGT7477
05-18-08, 04:44 PM
I had to send my Rossi .357 back to the factory after 50 rounds....the cylinder wasn't cycling correctly...I bought my son a S&W .38 it seems real solid....my question is does anybody own a Taurus Revolver and if so..how dependable? Braztech owns Taurus and Rossi.....or should I just save for the S&W?
My wife has 2 Taurus 38 special revolvers, no problems.:flag:

SGT7477
05-18-08, 07:32 PM
Myself I like the 1911.

SGT7477
05-18-08, 08:36 PM
I couldn't tell you on them two I have a High Standard for my concealed weapon it just all depends how deep your pockets are.

semperfiman
05-18-08, 09:09 PM
i just bought a taurus 45 1911 600$ 1st peice having fun too

SGT7477
05-18-08, 09:17 PM
I paid 450 bucks for mine.

Twitchell
05-19-08, 08:05 PM
Hi
My son is looking at the Springfied 1911 and the Smith&Wesson 1911 or the Kruger sp? for him and a (I might be wrong here..) Walther p32 for me. Any opinions ??
Marge
<!-- / message -->
My Kimber is a 1911. I love it. It is very acurate, and durable. It has the match grade barrel, trigger, and hammer. It is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned or shot. Not to mention the recoil and durability for a 45, it is amazing. HOWEVER, for the base model your looking at 700.00$ - 750.00$, and I mean base model to. It comes with 1 seven round magazine, and flat black sights.
So it all depends on how much you want to spend. The Springfield, and Smith and Weson 1911's are pretty good from what I have heard, and they aren't as expensive as a Kimber or Wilson Combat. The Ruger though, I would'nt go for it, especialy if it is for concealed carry, "just my opinion". One of my freinds has a Kimber, and a Springfield and likes the Kimber better, but there is usually around a 200.00$ price difference as well. I would suggest though, that he should go with one of these brands: Kimber, Wilson Combat, Colt, Springfield, or Smith and Weson for a 1991. Most of the other brands I have heard of, I've heard to many horror storys about to trust much. They are alot cheaper, but cheaper made as well.
As for the walther p32, I havent heard much good, or bad. They look like they are a pretty solid gun though. I would say for the price, go ahead and try it out. Do you need that small of a gun though? If your willing to go a little bigger, I would try the Glock 26 (9mm), or the Glock 27(40 cal.). They are a couple hundred more than the Walther, but I guarantee that they have good accuracy, you could keep it under the seat of your car for two years, drop it in mud, run it over, ect. And the thing will still fire. I owned two, and they were exelent guns. Low recoil to, if your worried about that. Even with the 40 cal. The 45 has a bit more though. Be careful about the little guns. There are alot out there that, not only would you waste your money on, but if they are dirty, or poorly made, can have catastrofic results.

In all honesty, for a good quality gun, your looking at atleast 400.00$ -450.00$. Especially for consealed carry, or home protection. DON'T trust gun dealers either. I've only known maybe two honest ones in my whole life. They will say what ever they need to to sell the guns that aren't in hi demand, and that they haven't been able to sell. Not to mention rip you off bad.

Sorry to ramble on. I hope this helped out!

jrhd97
05-19-08, 10:03 PM
Taurus makes a good weapon. I have a Taurus 9mm and 45 , S&W 40, Rock Island Armory 1911A1 and a Keltec P-11 9mm. I prefer the Taurus over the S&W. It performs better.

jrhd97
05-19-08, 10:05 PM
One of the RSO's at the club, he's also a NRA certified instructor, has a Taurus .22 and the Taurus Judge. He fires a bunch of rounds every week out of both and I have yet to hear him complain.

thewookie
05-26-08, 02:51 PM
<!-- / message -->
My Kimber is a 1911. I love it. It is very accurate, and durable. It has the match grade barrel, trigger, and hammer. It is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned or shot. Not to mention the recoil and durability for a 45, it is amazing. HOWEVER, for the base model your looking at 700.00$ - 750.00$, and I mean base model to. It comes with 1 seven round magazine, and flat black sights.

I have the Custom Compact version in a .45, and like you I've had many other pistols over the years, but it's pretty tough to compete against the Kimber. I traded in a Glock 26, (and cash) for it, and I won't buy another handgun I know that. Very smooth, and for a .45 almost no recoil with the obvious great knockdown power. It's a great gun right out of the box; although I did upgrade it a little when I added Tritium night sights.

The biggest complaint, or the only complaint I've ever heard from a Kimber owner is related to the "compact" ones and the number of rounds the magazine holds. But I've used mine in IDPA events, and it does well in those type of shooting formats where the round count for the magazines is restricted.

Personally I'll take the added knockdown power from my Kimber over the higher round I had with the Glock 26.

And I rarely carry any extra magazines; I have seven outs and if I ever need to use it, realistically, that should work.

FistFu68
05-26-08, 03:05 PM
:evilgrin: MY ED BROWN. SPECIAL FORCES BOBTAIL COMMANDER,4.25 INCH BARREL.45ACP IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE AUTO LOAD,I TRADED MY WILSON @ SOME CASH.I SHOOT 230 GRAIN WINCHESTER FMJ.OR FEDERAL HYDRA- SHOC'S :evilgrin: :thumbup: