PDA

View Full Version : More Marine Quotes

Roberto T. Cast
05-01-03, 02:05 AM
Why do Officers from the other branches of service something praise the United States Marines? :marine:

MARINE QUOTES :marine:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My only answer as to why the Marines get the toughest jobs is because the average Leatherneck is a much
better fighter. He has far more guts, courage, and better officers... These boys out here have a
pride in the Marine Corps and will fight to the end no matter what the cost.
2nd Lt. Richard C. Kennard, Peleliu, World War II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lying offshore, ready to act, the presence of ships and Marines sometimes means much more than just
having air power or ship's fire, when it comes to deterring a crisis. And the ships and Marines may
not have to do anything but lie offshore. It is hard to lie offshore with a C-141 or C-130 full of airborne troops.
Gen. Colin Powell, U. S. Army
Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff
During Operation Desert Storm

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the
most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.
Father Kevin Keaney
1st Marine Division Chaplain
Korean War

The Marine Corps has just been called by the New York Times, 'The elite of this country.' I think it is the
elite of the world.
Admiral William Halsey, U.S. Navy

I am convinced that there is no smarter, handier, or more adaptable body of troops in the world.
Prime Minister of Britain, Sir Winston Churchhill

Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army.
Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War;
shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered
to not wear their khaki leggings.

The American Marines have it [pride], and benefit from it. They are tough, cocky, sure of themselves and
their buddies. They can fight and they know it.
General Mark Clark, U.S. Army

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a
Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943

cplnak
05-02-03, 06:49 PM
Please refresh my memory on how this quote goes...I can't remember.

Every meal is a feast
Every day is a holiday
Every formation, a parade
:marine: