PDA

View Full Version : Another quick tattoo question....

DarrinC
05-16-08, 11:14 AM
Well I have stress fractures in my right tibia. So they dropped me out of ITB and sent me on con leave for 30 days. I figured it would be a good time to get the tattoo that I wanted, since I won't be in the field and it wouldn't get infected.

It will completely follow all the tattoo policies. It will be hidden in PT gear. I just wanted to know if it would be a good idea to get it now, or should I wait to my first duty station? Also I heard that there might be some paper work I would need to get done so they know I have a tattoo. My MOS is suppose to be Security Force PRP(if they don't make me get an MOS change), I just didn't want that messing up my chances on the security check.

Thank you again,
Pvt Claude

Artemis
05-16-08, 12:29 PM
It won't mess with getting a security clerence but keep in mind that it closes some doors that you may be interested in later on in your career. If you really want it get it so that it has plenty of time to heal before you have to go back to ITB. Make sure that when you do get back to ITB that you tell them right away so that you may get it properly documented with no problem.

MarineNCO
05-16-08, 12:58 PM
Correct. Make sure you let them know you got a tattoo. Make positively certain that it will be entirely covered when in PT gear regardless of the activity (I suggest getting it on your back or chest rather than on a deltoid).

DarrinC
05-16-08, 02:33 PM
Thank you very much Corporal, and Sergeant.

Excuse me Corporal but what are some examples of doors it could close?

Thanks
Pvt Claude

Artemis
05-16-08, 03:17 PM
MSG duty, counterintel, are two that I can think of off the top of my head.

DarrinC
05-16-08, 04:42 PM
well if it is on my back and completely out of sight would that make a difference or would it be because I have identifable marks on my body?

Artemis
05-16-08, 05:28 PM
You hit the nail on the head. It is not about them being visible but about having identifying marks.

DarrinC
05-16-08, 05:37 PM
Thank you Corporal. I dont really see myself as anything else other then infantry though. But I would like the option.