Calif. Offers Textbook Case of Political Correctness <br />
<br />
Wednesday, April 30, 2003 <br />
<br />
By Anita Vogel <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
LOS ANGELES — A textbook review process in California has changed or eliminated references...

virwar
05-01-03, 03:16 PM
Aren't framers those "people" who put two by fours together in great hope and expectation of building a house? ;) :) :0

kubba
05-01-03, 06:35 PM
who started this politically correct garbage anyway?
Gung Ho
Semper FI
Do or Die
stan

Sixguns
05-01-03, 07:35 PM
Okay, now what is my home state to do??? Besides having the coolest motto: "Live Free or Die" we are known as the Granite State. Sometimes people refer to NH as the "White Mountain" state (Because Vermont is the Green Mountain State and because we are home to the White Mountains). Is "white" no longer PC?

SIXGUNS

lurchenstein
05-01-03, 08:20 PM
With this "disinfecting" process, will it be possible to get honest scoop on any subject? Seems like the information will be so disinfected & diluted, alot of valuable info will be lost. (Orwell's "1984" comes to mind.):dazed:

greensideout
05-01-03, 08:50 PM
I think that you're right on Chris.

I may take some flak here but I see, after much study that the teacher's union is sold out to those that would like to change American history in a way to "reshape" the thought of young students. To bring about an America that sets aside God, a work ethic, dedication to sound princables of respecting others and to believe that the government owes all of us something for nothing.

I went to college in the '70s so I have seen what was presented. Had a 3.8 GPA---it was all bullsh*t.

Their favorite theme, "The American soldier was killing poor viet farmers in black pajamas".

Humm, what kind of rule does that sound like they are after?

MillRatUSMC
05-01-03, 11:01 PM
PoppyCock with all this BS...Native Americans take offense with the word "Indian".
Chris was lost, and thought he was in India, so the native people of the Americas now are thought as "Indians" but they never used that word to describe themselves.
Seeing that LALA land is home to alot of polution because of emissions from all those cars in LALA Land.
Will they use another word for autos?
SILLINESS...
And more trouble than it worth.
IMHO
Books have been ban because of lanuage of the period.
All this rapping too might be offensive to some.
Let's omit that too.
SILLINESS
And Poppycock.
In the future will my grandchildren know the America I grew up in?
Home schooling looks better everyday...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

PS I'm part Native American on my father side.
So I might take offense to the word "Indian"