PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Rockport, Texas.

Gary Hall
05-14-08, 11:23 AM
Congratulations to General O'Dell. I have nothing but fond memories of that area. I hope Big Tree is still OK, after all it is reputed to have been there (near Fulton Beach) since Jesus was a lad. And see if the Fulton Mansion on Highway 35 is still there and OK. I remember the beautiful homes along Highway 35 just East of Rockport, in the late 1930's and 40's. I remember my then boss, Mrs. D. H. Caspary, had a beautiful home on the beach on Highway 35. While we lived at Aransas Pass (10 miles West & South), Dad used to let his Hogs run wild and forage on Acorns in the area. They would get completely out of sight & be gone for weeks & months, feeding on the free feed. We didn't have money for commercial hog feed. Then a report from a friendly neighbor would come in "Hall, Your hogs are up there at Rockport." It was time to gather them up and sell some pork. Is this still the local life style there General or has everybody got big rich and buy their own hog feed there? Kindest regards & SF, Gary Hall, once a Hog Farmer.