PDA

View Full Version : A little piece of advice...

Requiem
05-12-08, 02:35 PM
I just graduated from MCRD-SD May 9th, so yes I'm a fresh new boot, but at the same time I feel I know what I'm talking about. This is to all you poolees who think you're going to go there and try to skate by and dick off or not give 100% effort 100% of the time.... don't join. I don't want you next to me... and I can tell you [based off of what my DI's said] the Marine Corps doesn't want you either. I had a serious problem with this in my platoon and I'm assuming that it's become a more serious problem in recruit training recently. So I beg those of you half-assers, please don't join for the sake of the Marine Corps.

To all of you poolees who intend to give it your all, make sure you stick to that principal. At the same time, while you are in boot camp it is VERY important to never forget WHY you are there, and what you are there to do. During your square away time, reflect on the reasons you joined. It will make a difference in your attitude each day and your Drill Instructors will see that. Don't be the one to have been given the title. Earn it.

:usmc:

-Pvt Pirl
D/1066

PatriotGirl422
05-12-08, 03:02 PM
The new Marine is correct. I saw the same thing in boot camp. There were more than a handful of skaters there. The recruits who really didn't give a **** and who just wanted to go home. I mean, not everyone is going to be the greatest recruit. Everyone can't be the Guide, but you can at least have motivation and show heart. Just show that you care and that you want to be there.
And yes, it is very important to remember why you're there. I made sure to think about that every night, and it actually made me smile when I thought about what an awesome thing I was doing.

bstewar09
05-12-08, 03:04 PM
Pvt Pirl, the last sentence of the second paragraph is pretty cool.

Marine84
06-26-08, 09:06 PM
WOW! Things really haven't changed that much, you'll run into skaters your whole time in. I'm sure it's twice as bad now since all of this PC crap has been allowed into the military. But, I'm sure you both know how to take care of a skater if you're ever stuck in a hole with one. ;) You know what I'm saying?

sparkie
06-26-08, 09:28 PM
84,,,, frag still rings a bell......

bucksgted
06-26-08, 11:36 PM
84,,,, frag still rings a bell......

Yes it does, Sgt. Sparkie!! And so do GI showers and blanket parties and trips behind the barracks and . . . . . . . .