PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

Whitey
05-09-08, 02:10 PM
I was talking to a new guy down here at Pensacola and he was saying how they're doing away with the "big packs" in boot camp for hikes and the crucible. can anyone confirm this and if so, why the hell would they do away with it?

harris88
05-09-08, 06:23 PM
yes my cousin just got done with boot and he said they only humped the crucible with their assault pack

MotivatorOfTheGuard
05-09-08, 07:00 PM
What???? Well thats retarded.:evilgrin:

harris88
05-09-08, 07:07 PM
yeah their gonna be ****ed off Marines if they go to soi ha

SlingerDun
05-09-08, 07:33 PM
Whitey's Old School:marine:

maverickmarine
05-10-08, 06:20 AM

LMAO!!!!!!

mcvet57103
05-10-08, 12:05 PM
Another example of the slow sissification of the Corps by the liberal infiltrators.:thumbdown

yellowwing
05-10-08, 12:18 PM
LMAO! Glad I didn't have a cup a coffee when I read that.

Either or, I'm sure that the SOI team will continue training well.

davblay
05-10-08, 03:29 PM
I was talking to a new guy down here at Pensacola and he was saying how they're doing away with the "big packs" in boot camp for hikes and the crucible. can anyone confirm this and if so, why the hell would they do away with it?

Well Whitey, when I went thru in 1969 we only had 8 weeks of boot camp....but we never got 10 days leave when we graduated either! We were all loaded up on cattle cars and sent to Pendelton for (what we called) ITR and BITS for the grunts (Basic Infantry Training School) then we got leave!

There are some Marines that would say that we had it made, because of the 4 weeks less boot camp, then again they didn't live thru it!

The Marine Corps always has a reason for everything, and they don't have to tell us why! Ours is not to question why.... but to do or die! That's the way it is, has been, and will always be, Marine!

It will serve you well to always remember that all Marines go thru Boot Camp, as prescribed by the Commandant. There fore we all earn the title and the EGA! Hence we become brothers and sisters in the ranks of our Corps!

In the Marine Corps, the only thing you can depend on is that things change.......for the better, we hope! You are young, my pup, you have many things to learn, grasshopper! Just do your job and everything will be fine, I hope! OK?

Semper Fi

Dave

jackson07
05-10-08, 03:55 PM
Most of the hiiking during the crucible is now being now with the assualt pack. You start and finish with the full pack. That is what the new kids are telling us they did.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
05-10-08, 04:14 PM
:flag: I smell salt...

sim37
10-27-08, 03:59 PM
When I went through in 2006 we had the full packed the full gear in. Throughout the crucible we used the assault pack. At the end of the day we would move all of our gear to the next area. The reaper hike was still done with a full pack.

joecoul89
10-27-08, 04:09 PM
I just graduated bootcamp last week (this is my 10 day leave) and on our crucible, we hiked with the big pack for the actual hikes, but during the crucible events, we used the assault pack...

Sgt Jim
10-27-08, 05:50 PM
10 day leave??? .Ididn,t get any leave,went in on Oct 5,1969.same as davblay.did not see any leave until after ITR.

FistFu68
10-27-08, 06:49 PM
:evilgrin: WHILE AT P.I. I REMEMBER US GETTING READY 4THA' HUMP 2 ELLIOTTS BEACH,LOADED FOR BEAR;SINCE I WAS THE HOUSE MOUSE I THOUGHT I'D HELP MY SENIOR D.I LIFT HIS UP.IT WAS LITE AS A FEATHER,WE BOTH EYEBALLED EACH OTHER AND HE WAS REALY RED IN THA'FACE.HIS RUCKSACK HAD PILLOWS STUFFED IN IT,I KEPT MY PIE HOLE SHUT; AFTER THAT HE TREATED ME LIKE I WAS A LITTLE BIT HUMAN :D :iwo:

silverdollar
10-28-08, 08:27 AM

:D:D

ridingcrops
11-01-08, 08:18 PM
You know davblay I went thru SD in '69. It was just as tough then but without the packs. But I bet they don't have Motivation platoon anymore. Now that was hard to even watch those guys.
And maybe they had to make it easier because they were getting too many guys like that fighter who couldn't even get thru boot camp. Then had the nerve to get the globe and anchor tattooed on his arm.
What platoon were you with and when there davblay? I was 1082 in May '69.

mcvet57103
11-01-08, 09:47 PM
You know davblay I went thru SD in '69. It was just as tough then but without the packs. But I bet they don't have Motivation platoon anymore. Now that was hard to even watch those guys.
And maybe they had to make it easier because they were getting too many guys like that fighter who couldn't even get thru boot camp. Then had the nerve to get the globe and anchor tattooed on his arm.
What platoon were you with and when there davblay? I was 1082 in May '69.I went through one day mote. Made me reconsider my motivation believe me. LOL

Scottie0417
11-18-08, 01:37 AM
On our 3 mile, 5 mile, 8 mile, and our hike around MCRD we humped everything with a full pack. The Crucible we humped with an assault pack for everything except the Reaper hike, which was with a full pack as well.

davblay
11-18-08, 02:14 AM
What platoon were you with and when there davblay? I was 1082 in May '69.

I was in 1085, July 17th, 1969,you graduated the week I got there I guess,

Dave

Pete0331
11-18-08, 01:44 PM
When did they stop using ALICE packs?