PDA

View Full Version : Deployment

MarineFiance21
05-08-08, 09:41 PM
Okay.. My fiancee has already joined the Marines and is currently a recruit in the 3rd BN. He is due to graduate June 13th! Now here is my question. My brother is a Marine also. He is stationed in California. I had just spoken with him and i asked him if he was going to go overseas. He said yeah probably. Now he has not even been in the Marines one year yet. He thinks he might be leaving in august. Now i was curious is that really possible. How soon can he go overseas? How soon can you go on your tour after graduation.. Also i am scheduled to get marreid june 20th. If my brother does go overseas is it possible that my brother and my husband will go over at the same time?

Big Jim
05-08-08, 10:04 PM
Okay.. My fiancee has already joined the Marines and is currently a recruit in the 3rd BN. He is due to graduate June 13th! Now here is my question. My brother is a Marine also. He is stationed in California. I had just spoken with him and i asked him if he was going to go overseas. He said yeah probably. Now he has not even been in the Marines one year yet. He thinks he might be leaving in august. Now i was curious is that really possible. How soon can he go overseas? How soon can you go on your tour after graduation.. Also i am scheduled to get marreid june 20th. If my brother does go overseas is it possible that my brother and my husband will go over at the same time?

Don't believe it until you get actual word from his parent command, ok? He's still got to graduate and go through his MOS school and all that and then learn his duties when he gets to his unit...so I highly doubt he'll be going overseas in 2008! Either way, he can ask his unit after all his schooling is done with and when he'd be due to rotate to Iraq, ok? Again...its very doubtful that he''l be going with your brother, unless they're in the same unit and even then...he's so fresh they'll take that into consideration, too.