PDA

View Full Version : Update on Poolee Clayton

Warlord787
05-07-08, 06:13 PM
This i sPoolee Clayton, I would like to thank you guys for giving me advice and its really helping me out. In fact I almost did a Pull Up today!!! I'm like right there I can feel it. But I have another question about my Weight. What if I don't make weight when its time to ship but can pass the IST including Pull Ups. Will they still ship me because I really want to go. And I'll take any advice on losing weight. Thank you guys I'm Proud to be a Marine Poolee and soon become a Marine. Talking to you guys help me realized how close the Marines are. We are all Family

Thank You

Poolee Clayton
:usmc:

DGardner
05-07-08, 06:18 PM
you can get a weight waiver up to a certain point if you can pass the IST. Best thing to do is to just get below your max weight. that way you dont have to worry about it

SGT7477
05-07-08, 06:46 PM
If I was you I would try to lose as much weight as possible the one pull up will not do it either my best advice to you is get into shape before you ship even if you have to delay more, why stay in boot camp longer if you can't muster up to it?

SEANstaah
05-07-08, 09:02 PM
You've probably heard this dozens of times, but the most efficient way to lose body fat is to eat right and in moderation, and to run. I spent 3 years in high school trying to lose weight, but was doing all the wrong things. Sure lifting weights got me stronger, but I still remained 'fat'. I'm in my senior year of high school, and have lost a little bit over 30 pounds since Spring of last year (2007). It was all because of running. Before I struggled with running a lap. Now, I can run 3 miles in the 24's. It may not seem much, but its a long way from what I came from. I started at zero pull ups back in January, im currently at ten.

Just run, eat right, workout, then run again. Pounds will shed before your eyes as the weeks and months go by.

steven switzer
05-07-08, 11:34 PM
I agree, take it from one who spent 7 1/2 months in recruit
training back in 71'
make sure you are ready before you ship even if you have to delay

Chumley
05-08-08, 09:43 AM
Do not rush this! If you really are not ready, they will not ship you. If you are barely ready, you should not allow them to ship you. Choose to be patient and get yourself better prepared. Boot Camp is designed to be the toughest 13 weeks of your life. You do not want to be a recruit for any longer than absolutley necessary - trust me. You also do not want to be the fattest, slowest, or weakest in your platoon - you'll simply be an easy target. Use your desire and goals to fuel your preparation now, so that you are doing better than just getting by. Feel free to PM me if you have a question.

C

phantasm
05-09-08, 10:18 AM
I'm wanting to head to Parris Island myself but am not ready physically. I'm delaying until I feel I am in decent enough shape and able keep up with the younger kids. Just make sure your ready to go before you go.

zippyburns
05-09-08, 03:04 PM
run run run thats the best way to lose weight before shipping

hump_drop
05-09-08, 03:34 PM
run run run thats the best way to lose weight before shipping

Fill fill fill out your freaking profile before posting.

Warlord787
05-09-08, 05:09 PM
Well My IST is as followed
Crunches : 75
Pull ups: 2
1.5 Mile: 11:04

SlingerDun
05-09-08, 05:25 PM
Make dinner your last feed for the day, pull the fork out of your mouth and walk to and from work. Weight will drop like a rock. I'm waiting to here how far it is to the job site...

Warlord787
05-11-08, 06:02 PM
35 miles one way to work

I'm in pretty good shape I think now I can run a 1.5 mile farely easy now. I can do about 3 pull ups and crunches doesn't have anything on me. But now I'm just worried about me making the ship weight I mean what if I don't make it or miss it by a couple of pounds well that delay my Deployment to boot will I go to PCP, I mean any Idea what will happen?

SGT7477
05-11-08, 06:26 PM
Whew 3 pullups you better DELAY.

Warlord787
05-11-08, 07:22 PM
Really will my recruiter let me Delay will I lose my MOS if I do Delay

SGT7477
05-11-08, 08:03 PM
Talk to your recruiter he is the one to ask.

danieljogbn
05-11-08, 10:21 PM
Good to see you improving day by day Poolee Clayton. I did 3 pull ups when I first joined the DEP. Now I can do 15 pull ups, 104 sit ups, and 11:08 on 1.5 mile run. I still have time to improve on my pull ups and running time. Your dedication motivates me to work harder :thumbup:

-Poolee Jo

spongebob819
06-01-08, 01:03 AM
Hang on, can I just tell you - there's only one way that I've EVER been able to lose weight quickly and healthily without freakin' starving myself or taking pills...

Forget LOW FAT, LOW CAL, LOW CARB - none of this crap works because you're basically starving yourself - then besides making your life miserable, you don't even lose weight!! Your body is too smart and it just re-calibrates your metabolism to match your new caloric intake...

The only thing that has worked for me is "Calorie Shifting" - It works amazingly and just makes so much sense. My friends are getting annoyed with me saying I never shut up about it... that I sound like Tom Cruise, lol - but it's literally changing my life!! I eat a ton and still lose weight, so obviously I'm gonna be proud of it and tell people, yaknow?

Anyway, you can check out the whole theory at http://www.consumerfilter.org/products/weight_loss

btw, Worst NAME EVER - "fat loss 4 idiots" - it's like: "hey thanks!!" wtf?? ...marketed by guys obviously ;)
post here and let me know if you love it - we can track progress together... good luck - you can do it!!!

Bonzack
06-01-08, 08:07 PM
My IST isn't that bad.
I've been steadily improving, but I can definately step it up.
Also, I need to loose about 10 pounds. This definately helped. Thanks.