PDA

View Full Version : Are Allergy Meds available at PI?

futuremarine129
05-06-08, 08:32 PM
I've got allergies, not so bad but enough where I would be rubbing my eyes a lot on the island. Do they sell any type of eye drops or allergy meds at the PX?

Marine84
05-06-08, 08:41 PM
Honey, once you hit those Yellow Footprints, the Marine Corps' medical staff (AKA the Navy) will perscribe anything you need to take and it's allllllllll free!

JSam
05-06-08, 09:07 PM
Sweet, I was just about to ask the same question.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-06-08, 10:24 PM
At the same time, if they don't think you need it then you don't need it and won't have it.

JSam
05-06-08, 11:36 PM
Do they test your for such things during MEPS or at the beggining of boot?

CHOPPER7199
05-06-08, 11:53 PM
hate to be mean, but depending on your allergy you may not make it into the Corps

JoeInVille
05-06-08, 11:55 PM
Yea, I was going to say that also Chopper. Do they know about your allergy and did it get through MEPS?...

JSam
05-06-08, 11:59 PM
It's probably just pollen and such during the spring...

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-07-08, 12:14 AM
If it is a typical "hay fever" type allergy there is nothing to worry about. I have about as bad a case of seasonal allergies as you'll ever see and it was never a problem.

If it is something that will keep you out there is a condition associated with it that causes a problem. Skin issues and the like can be problematic, but not a runny nose or watery eyes.

McSweeney
05-07-08, 06:42 AM
If it is a typical "hay fever" type allergy there is nothing to worry about. I have about as bad a case of seasonal allergies as you'll ever see and it was never a problem.

If it is something that will keep you out there is a condition associated with it that causes a problem. Skin issues and the like can be problematic, but not a runny nose or watery eyes.

what do you mean by skin issues, sir?