PDA

View Full Version : Protein Levels

FeMzZ
05-06-08, 03:54 PM
does anyone know how many grams of protein you are supposed to have a day? As in, a couple of years agho i believe hearing that if you weigh say 200 pounds you should only have 100 grams a day tops, otherwise you will be ****ing huge kidney stones. I am either 160lbs or a little more and i am still putting on more weight from lifting and training and i always like to get a good helping of proteing but i dont want to have it feel like im pushing a baseball out of me when i have to ****. Anyone know what protein levels are good?

shilore
05-06-08, 04:08 PM
GNC...
Or better yet Webmed would be your best bet for an answer to this one...

AndreBlanks
05-06-08, 04:44 PM
I'm assuming you're asking because you are lifting weights/trying to get "bigger". The most you should take in is 1.5g-2g per KG of body weight. Anything more and it just ends up in the toilet or as fat. That being said, you should note that most people already get more than enough protein throughout their day so I really wouldn't worry about it as long as it is lean, healthy sources of protein.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-06-08, 05:20 PM
Kidney stones aren't something most young people need to worry too much about. But, you asked, so as a 160 pound person you should be eating about 145 grams of protein per day. 160 pounds equals 72.7KG. And AndreBlanks is correct that 2g/KG is what you're looking for.

NeedSomePT
05-06-08, 05:25 PM
I'm assuming you're asking because you are lifting weights/trying to get "bigger". The most you should take in is 1.5g-2g per KG of body weight. Anything more and it just ends up in the toilet or as fat. That being said, you should note that most people already get more than enough protein throughout their day so I really wouldn't worry about it as long as it is lean, healthy sources of protein.
I was about t o type two grams per pound are you freaking sh1tting me but then I saw KG ;)

Yes that seems about right.

sparkie
05-06-08, 05:30 PM
I have heard that protien is very important for brain developement while in the womb.
Having said that, I hope it still may help your typing. Grammar, spelling, punctuation,,,,all that good stuff. In your case, I would suggest raw meat.

FeMzZ
05-07-08, 11:07 PM
I have heard that protien is very important for brain developement while in the womb.
Having said that, I hope it still may help your typing. Grammar, spelling, punctuation,,,,all that good stuff. In your case, I would suggest raw meat.

hahaha yeah sorry about that, i usually am always typing very quickly and paying barely any attention to which keys i am pressing unless i proof-read my post.

Thanks alot guys, this helped me out so much because i was worried about taking any more than 80 grams in daily but this is a great increase

Lickdem89
05-07-08, 11:34 PM
For the average joe to take just 1/2 grams of protein per pound of body weight but for someone active and trianing its 1 gram per pound. When I was training for Football I was taking 1.6 grams per body weight i was 180 at the time and 2 grams per pound for really active individual......And it only affects your body if your not getting your veggies in and if you dont use the protein i.e you dont workout body doesnt use the protein to repair the muscle! O and protien powder depending on the brand makes you a bit gassy.

fs19
05-08-08, 04:29 PM
I have always heard that when you are building you should get at least 1g/lb of body weight. (1lb is approx. 2.2 kg so it 1g/lb is equivilent to 2g/kg.)

Zulu 36
05-08-08, 06:56 PM
I have always heard that when you are building you should get at least 1g/lb of body weight. (1lb is approx. 2.2 kg so it 1g/lb is equivilent to 2g/kg.)
It's the other way around. One kilogram equals 2.2 pounds.

And the 8-ball you get from the dope man is .282 ounces. :D