PDA

View Full Version : Less that week till Bootcamp.. Nervous..

jbourne224
05-05-08, 11:28 PM
Hey,

I only have a week left till i got to San Diego for bootcamp. Im really nervous, ive been on this site since about february and have read up on everything almost we have here and it has been really helpful. I though I was prepared, but im starting to get really nervous. Any Marines have any last advice for me before i leave on the 19th. thanks for all the help:iwo:.

-Jay

JSam
05-05-08, 11:34 PM
I'm no Marine yet, but if you've read on here, you know that they'll tell you to spend time with your friends and family, not to sweat it until you get there, and to make sure you wear your poolee shirt to Boot.

Nah, don't sweat it man. That's 7 more days to spend with family and friends. Use your time wisely.

jbourne224
05-05-08, 11:40 PM
never got a shirt its alright though, i kno what u mean. good advice will do. im pretty psyched. My brothers stationes over near there, hes in the navy though. im looking forward to seeing him one day after bootcamp. its been a long time.:iwo:

JSam
05-05-08, 11:44 PM
See, that's the key. Get psyched, not nervous.
Good luck, bro.

jbourne224
05-05-08, 11:58 PM
thanks man, what about you, when you leave>?

JSam
05-06-08, 12:06 AM
I've got to get DEPed in first.... long story.
Read the 'quick intro' thread a couple threats down...

JordanB
05-06-08, 12:11 AM
At the begining its all a mind game to see who they can break down, just keep your head clear and remember you've been training for this for probably a while now. All you need to know to make it through bootcamp is to do everything in a motovated way, sound off at the top of your lungs, and keep your gear squared away.

Big Jim
05-06-08, 12:14 AM
Hey,

I only have a week left till i got to San Diego for bootcamp. Im really nervous, ive been on this site since about february and have read up on everything almost we have here and it has been really helpful. I though I was prepared, but im starting to get really nervous. Any Marines have any last advice for me before i leave on the 19th. thanks for all the help:iwo:.

-Jay

Being nervous is natural...but you really have the advantage of knowing whats expected of you while at bootcamp. You actually know whats going to be there and how tough you need to really be in every situation. Take comfort in that fact...in 1984, we didn't have computers or convey much information before we left...we did PT some but most of us just relied on our perserverance...and yes, fear of the uinknown. But hey, I'm still here alive and kickin!!!...and you will be to, after bootcamp, wearing that EGA!!!
Just use the time you have left to psych yourself into NOT failing and NEVER giving up, ok? Even when you and your body wants to quit...and there will come a time when that happens...just simply choose not to do it. You got to perservere, my boy!! Your mental, emotional and physical strength WILL get you through!! In the end, you'll KNOW what you're made of as well as forever be a part of our brotherhood!! Have faith and confidence in your self and your abilities...and you WILL get through it!!! Good luck!!

Marine84
05-06-08, 07:42 AM
Any Marines have any last advice for me before i leave on the 19th.

Be afraid.....................be VERY afraid!

davblay
05-06-08, 07:49 AM
Enjoy your last week home son, spend time with your family and friends. When you come home with that EGA in three months you will notice that some things have changed........it is you that will change my friend!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60314

Good luck

Dave

Donut Brigade
05-06-08, 08:02 AM
Good luck in boot recruit, come back in 3 months in those blues alright? :flag:

darkgreen0311
05-06-08, 08:24 AM
You guys that are now going in you are alot more prepared than we were. Like Big Jim said there was no internet or Leatherneck.com. You guys get information from sites and can ask us advice.You can youtube Boot Camp and get a sense of what Boot Camp may be like.

We didn't have that we relied on what are recruiters had to say and you guys are in alot better shape than we were going to Boot Camp. You have a wealth of knowledge and are in great physical shape.........Get through the mind games and you'll be fine it's like your folks giving you a whooping it was to teach you and it didn't kill you it only made you stronger.....Good Luck

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Big Jim
05-06-08, 09:54 AM
You guys that are now going in you are alot more prepared than we were. Like Big Jim said there was no internet or Leatherneck.com. You guys get information from sites and can ask us advice.You can youtube Boot Camp and get a sense of what Boot Camp may be like.

We didn't have that we relied on what are recruiters had to say and you guys are in alot better shape than we were going to Boot Camp. You have a wealth of knowledge and are in great physical shape.........Get through the mind games and you'll be fine it's like your folks giving you a whooping it was to teach you and it didn't kill you it only made you stronger.....Good Luck

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Well said brother...good and honest advice!! Bootcamp made me strong cause I was on the quarterdeck or in the pit alot!! LOL!! But I DID learn...by the numbers!!

Rasczak
05-06-08, 02:40 PM
My shipdate was moved up a week. I leave sunday. I thought I might see you there man but I guess not.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-06-08, 03:24 PM
Just remember that the mean guy with the funny hat is really just a normal person doing a job. He has a family, a mom, a dad, and isn't that much different from you.

Of course, it takes every fiber in his being not to kill you. He really does want to and knows he would be justified. So just hope he manages to fight the urge through one more group of idiot recruits.

FeMzZ
05-06-08, 03:51 PM
bro why are you nervous? get pumped, not nervous!! i kow its natural to be nervous because you have absolutely no idea whats going to happen the second you get on that bus but calm down man. If you are meant for the Marines you will do fine. Just think how many people have passed before you, why cant you? Me, i am 100% Gun Ho ready to ship today but i have 40 days left lol im not some cocky kid who thinks "oh boots going to be a breeze", i just feel i am preparing myself so well right now and know i will not stop until i get the EGa, plus, im not kicking the s**t out of myself now to fail boot

Marine84
05-06-08, 05:25 PM
But I DID learn...by the numbers!!

Yeah...........1,2,3,1 1,2,3,2 1,2,3,3................Right? And didn't ya hate it that everything was 4 count movements so that they got 2 sit ups for the price of 1 out of you?

One of these days, everybody will believe us when we tell them it's more mental than physical - that's why you can't really prepare for it. You kids these days are lucky enough to have the access to info before you go - I didn't know SQUAT about NOTHING and my Dad was a Marine (1956 - 1960).

sparkie
05-06-08, 05:35 PM
Fez,,,,, You'll be fine. However, you still type like a one legged billygoat.

sawatzke82
05-06-08, 05:55 PM
I leave in two weeks and I know how you feel its a sobering thought, but I'm as ready as I can be and motivated to earn the title. I try not to think about it too much and just enjoy myself for now I'll save the nervous for the yellow footprints.

sparkie
05-06-08, 05:56 PM
Just remember that the mean guy with the funny hat is really just a normal person doing a job. He has a family, a mom, a dad, and isn't that much different from you.

Of course, it takes every fiber in his being not to kill you. He really does want to and knows he would be justified. So just hope he manages to fight the urge through one more group of idiot recruits.

They are a byproduct of starch and cosmoline. Mixed with a touch of napalm.
:marine: