PDA

View Full Version : Chesty Puller Monument

fontman
05-05-08, 08:09 AM
Chesty Puller Monument

Below received in my morning email; posting for action as deemed appropriate.

Semper Fidelis,
font

ALCON: You may make a mention of the following if you wish. We are still in the final development stages to the monument to be erected on the Overlook at Quantico museum.

We have had a private donor donate $1 (One) million dollars for the plot for our monument to be erected upon. It will be on a granite base. I am sending a drawing of what the statue will look like. There are going to be some very minute changes at this time on that statue. It will stand approx. 8' in height. The base will be approx. 3' in height. He will be cast in bronze.

I am also enclosing some information for those who would wish to contribute at this time. We have a grand amount of $100.00 at present. The monument will cost $200,000. So we have a long way to go.

As time permits, I will send along further attachments as to the progress of this project.

Tax deductible contributions can be sent to:

Canyon Community Bank (Catalina Branch)
P.O. Box 37170
Tucson, AZ 85740

Account name: "Chesty" Puller Statue Fund

The account is a 501 c organization

"Sea Going Marine Assoc." is the sponsor http://www.seagoingmarines.com

There will be a link on their web site shortly for information.

Anyone can contact me at this time for further stats.

Don "Mau Mau" Maurer
2047 Summer Evening Dr.
Canal Fulton, OH 44614-8488
330-854-4633
marinesgte5usmc@att.net

The board of directors are: 1sgt, Jim Barnett, ret., of Roseburg, OR Don Maurer, Sgt. former.

I will post an email address of the first sergeant later along with the other board of directors.

We are anxious to get this project off and running.

I am sending this email to those who would want to get in the band wagon ahead of all others.

Semper Fidelis, Mau Mau

America is not at war,
The Marine Corps is at war.
America is at the mall!

http://fontman.smugmug.com/photos/290069272_z82MU-M.jpg

thedrifter
05-05-08, 08:21 AM
:thumbup:

Ellie

J B LORAINE JR
05-07-08, 06:27 PM
NOW IS THE TIME FOR EACH AND EVERY MARINE TO STEP FORWARD, DONATE FUNDS (DIG DEEP) AND MAKE THIS MONUMENT TO CHESTY HAPPEN. Jacques