PDA

View Full Version : My Contract

Darrell B
05-03-08, 10:22 PM
So I signed my contract with the rank and paygrade of an E-1 and I'm supposed to be getting the rank and paygrade of an E-2 and the SSGT down at MEPS said it would be fixed before I left for boot. I talked to my recruiter today to see if it had been changed or not and he gave me the same respone. I'm wondering if I should wait to see if it gets changed or keep pressing my recruiter to get it change. Any ideas?

-Poole Brown

Spears
05-03-08, 11:10 PM
if you do rate a promotion, i have always been told to get it in writing, im not saying postpone your ship date, im saying make sure its good to go before it gets close.

Darrell B
05-03-08, 11:27 PM
if you do rate a promotion, i have always been told to get it in writing, im not saying postpone your ship date, im saying make sure its good to go before it gets close.
Oh I forgot to state that I was getting the rank and paygrade of an E-2 because I have a 2 year background in MCJROTC. I'm trusting my recruiter as he's yet to do anything to be untrustworthy I just want to make sure it's in my contract before I leave for boot.

-Poole Brown

DGardner
05-03-08, 11:56 PM
Easy: Don't saign your final contract until you get that promotion you were told you rate. simple

Darrell B
05-04-08, 12:05 AM
Easy: Don't saign your final contract until you get that promotion you were told you rate. simple
There's a final contract? I signed a contract at MEPS and I know I have to head there before I shipout but is there another contract I sign before I go?

-Poolee Brown

egbutler1
05-04-08, 12:10 AM
Yep Darrell B there is a whole butt load of SH!T you will have to sign once you return back to MEPS.

Darrell B
05-04-08, 12:13 AM
Yep Darrell B there is a whole butt load of SH!T you will have to sign once you return back to MEPS.
Ah, I see. Thank you corporal for the clarification.

-Poolee Brown

rvillac2
05-04-08, 12:37 AM
Just to clarify. Your first trip to MEPS was to sign your DEP contract. It simply documents the date you signed up and started the clock on your inactive reserve time. The contract that you will sign on your ship date is the final deal and should include everything you've been promised. If it is missing, don't sign it and it will get taken care of. This includes promotions, MOS's and anything else you are promised.

Darrell B
05-04-08, 03:13 AM
Just to clarify. Your first trip to MEPS was to sign your DEP contract. It simply documents the date you signed up and started the clock on your inactive reserve time. The contract that you will sign on your ship date is the final deal and should include everything you've been promised. If it is missing, don't sign it and it will get taken care of. This includes promotions, MOS's and anything else you are promised.
Ah, I see. Thank you Sergeant. I'll defenitly make sure my contract is good to go before they claim my warm body.

Spears
05-04-08, 01:12 PM
you need three years of JROTC to rate a promotion, thats how i got mine.

Oh I forgot to state that I was getting the rank and paygrade of an E-2 because I have a 2 year background in MCJROTC. I'm trusting my recruiter as he's yet to do anything to be untrustworthy I just want to make sure it's in my contract before I leave for boot.

-Poole Brown

Darrell B
05-04-08, 03:37 PM
you need three years of JROTC to rate a promotion, thats how i got mine.
No you don't. I rate the promotion after two years. It also states two years in the MCJROTC Leadership book. I spoke with MSgt at my RSS and he even stated that I rated the promotion after two years in MCJROTC.

-Poolee Brown

AustinOverton
05-04-08, 06:02 PM
You guys answered a lot of questions that I had, thank you very much!