PDA

View Full Version : Utility Cover

SgtThrasher
05-03-08, 12:39 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Army has tried to copy our
utility cover?They wore that silly ball cap style in the
Vietnam era.I remember pictures of Gen.Westmoreland
wearing that ugly thing the doggies called a ball cap.The
Marines utility cover is in a class of it's on.
:evilgrin:

Whitey
05-03-08, 12:59 PM
they 9 times out of 10 wear berets now which look even worse

SgtThrasher
05-03-08, 01:13 PM
they 9 times out of 10 wear berets now which look even worse

How True!!

Jdncowboy
05-03-08, 04:39 PM
Being out here at Ft. Leonard Wood. I can tell you first hand that they do wear some goofy lookin baseball cap type things. A lot of them wear the berets to. The Air Force also wears the baseball cap things too. Being Over here you get to see their uniform henusnis all the time. It hurts yer eyes just to look at it.

SGT7477
05-03-08, 05:45 PM
We always did look the best.

Whitey
05-03-08, 08:57 PM
today i was at the smokepit talking to some of the squids and they admitted that to us....then again they have no set uniform, just kinda pick and choose. theyre getting blue cammies like ours soon though and we showed them some of the tricks with blousing boots and such

hawks
05-15-08, 03:32 PM
We call them clown suits here, and its for a reason, theres nothing great about them haha. Civilian clothes are much better!

bigdog43701
05-15-08, 06:04 PM
yea that beret looks great...too bad the girl scouts came up with it first.

NickUSMC
05-15-08, 06:17 PM
We always did look the best.
Because we are the best. :iwo::flag::evilgrin:

SgtHopperUSMC
05-18-08, 05:50 AM
How about the Seabees? Ever notice theirs?

RLeon
06-12-08, 01:55 PM
Has anyone noticed that the Army has tried to copy our
utility cover?They wore that silly ball cap style in the
Vietnam era.I remember pictures of Gen.Westmoreland
wearing that ugly thing the doggies called a ball cap.The
Marines utility cover is in a class of it's on.
:evilgrin:

Actually the Marine Corps 8 point utility cover evolved from the Army's M41 HBT cap. Eventually the Marines would use the Marine fabric instead of the Army's but use the same pattern until the M44 was introduced.

The utility cover used now is a modern version of the M44 HBT similar to the M41 but the with the crown turned a few degrees to fit an Eagle, Globe and Anchor on front with out having the pleat in the way.

maverickmarine
06-12-08, 02:21 PM
yea that beret looks great...too bad the girl scouts came up with it first.

I love saying that! I have a couple buddies that were SF and I can always end a chit talking session with that one. LMAO!

ggyoung
06-12-08, 03:56 PM
SgtHopperUSMC=========Never say any bad about a SeaBee he just may be your daddy. SeeBees are good people to have around in a area of combat. They build good things for you. They have the best chow and the best things about them is THERE BEER never runs out.

SlingerDun
06-12-08, 05:34 PM
SeaBee's building luxury air-conditioned hooches on Dago Garcia wore what looked like an identical sateen cover as the Marine Corps' cept for a different logo. Some took pride in their cover and may have used starch and blocks others would fold and crease the visor which i never did and doing so would perhaps invite bilge duty and walk the office hour edges in my seagoing outift.

They drank beer when the whistle blew same same construction site workers or loggers at the corner cantina and liked to box! Jostled young Marines but did not hate. Yeah most of them were older, many appeared stout from physical labor and would likely damage your average teenage Marine in knuckles and takedowns. I got along with them just fine after proper introductions:marine:

--->Dave

jerryd6818
06-16-08, 12:38 PM
SgtHopperUSMC=========Never say any bad about a SeaBee he just may be your daddy. SeeBees are good people to have around in a area of combat. They build good things for you. They have the best chow and the best things about them is THERE BEER never runs out.

Out of boot camp, I went to the Seabee Construction Electrician School at Port Hueneme and in 1962, the chow sucked really bad. Worst chow I had during my enlistment and that includes a tour in Viet Nam.

On the other hand, I have a great deal of respect for the Seabees. In my opinion, the only difference between a Seabee and a Marine is the boot camp they attended.

Seabees and Corpsmen. The best the Navy has to offer.

The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.