PDA

View Full Version : School Activities

bstewar09
05-03-08, 11:40 AM
The Recruiter is coming to my house tomorrow night to talk with me and my parents. I had talked to my parents about the Delayed Entry Program and they are pretty much against Enlisting before I graduate high school. Any way one of their main concerns is that if I get in the DEP will I have to miss saturday school events like Football playoff games (if we make it), wrestling meets, and track meets? I told them I didn't think so because that would look really bad for PR but they didn't really believe me, and rightfully so, everything I tell them is second hand information. So any answer either way will be greatly apreciated.
-Ben

WKranz
05-03-08, 02:10 PM
I've been to one poolee event in the six months i've been in the DEP. I wish i could go to every one, but i work full time and live out of the house, so missing work has a real impact.

My recruiter is fine with it, all I do is call and check in every week.

bstewar09
05-03-08, 02:38 PM
Okay thanks

Donut Brigade
05-03-08, 02:47 PM
My recruiter is fine with it, all I do is call and check in every week.

QFT. Just attend your monthly poolee functions, PT regularly, and study what you need to study. You are still a civilian, so don't let DEP ruin your remaining months as one, enjoy it while you can! :no: