PDA

View Full Version : Ship date getting moved around?

NeedSomePT
04-30-08, 05:50 PM
I remember a post a poolee made saying he was getting frustrated that his ship date was getting pushed back each time he was getting close. Does this happen often? How much time do you know in advance that your ship date will be pushed back?
The reason I'm asking is because my dad (who lives overseas) has to do something in the US this summer and he said when he's done with his thing he will swing by this way to be here the day I leave. I can't say I'm thrilled about the idea as it would be another person to have to say bye to, but whatever, if it's what him and my mom want not everything is always about me but that isn't the point. First of all, my ship date is not yet "confirmed," what I mean by that is that it was just the date me and the recruiter agreed to use when I went down to MEPS since you need an approximate date. We have not locked in on a job yet so for all I know it will be in October when the new fiscal year starts. Secondly once it does get confirmed there's always that chance that it gets pushed back for whatever reason. I don't watn to have my dad waste over a thousand dollars on a plane ticket to come here if in the end it doesn't even accomplish what he came for.

What would you guys do? WOuld you tell him not to come (explaining why of course) or would you let him go along with his plan sayiugn there's a chance it might get moved back?

SGT7477
04-30-08, 06:44 PM
Family comes first until you get to meet your DI's.

Seoke
05-01-08, 06:40 PM
You won't know for sure until the day you leave. You cannot be 100% sure. Many things can happen, I've learned this the hard way =P

Petz
05-01-08, 09:48 PM
yes young one, you aren't at PI until you get on those foot steps! ha haa!