PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Marathon

YMPfcDeremer
04-30-08, 03:07 PM
I just registered for the Marine Corps Marathon. It's October 26 (also my 18th birthday) in Washington D.C. I'm not a poolee right now but I plan on enlisting in June. This is just one of the things I'm doing to help me get ready for Boot Camp and the PFT. My dad ran the 3rd Annual MCM when he was in the Corps and ended up running a 16:53 3-mile on his final PFT. Is anyone else planning on running it?

Quinbo
04-30-08, 08:39 PM
Preparation is the key. If you have the oppurtunity beforehand run some 10K's and half marathons. I ran the Marine Corps Marathon and honostly I wanted to call it quits at about the 18 mile mark. You can make it.

YMPfcDeremer
04-30-08, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah, my dad said he hit the wall about mile 18, but most of it's just mind over matter.

KevinR90
04-30-08, 09:56 PM
i've been wanting to run a marathon for a while now, and i'd sign up for this one... except I'll be in my 2nd month of boot camp by then.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-30-08, 11:27 PM
The Marine Corps Marathon should be run in formation.

I've done a couple of 26 milers in my life- can't say that I ever enjoyed the process. I tend to think I'm going to die at mile 13, then everything stays calm until about mile 24 when I KNOW I'm going to die.

Despite all of that, I've managed to get talked into doing another for the Leukemia Society. I guess Marines really are just a little dumb.

Hologram
05-01-08, 12:11 AM
i've been wanting to run a marathon for a while now, and i'd sign up for this one... except I'll be in my 2nd month of boot camp by then.Hey, me too. That and I live nowhere near the East Coast.