PDA

View Full Version : Update: Met the recruiter today

gobuffs10
04-28-08, 09:39 PM
Just updating everyone who answered my questions. I met with the recruiter in Denver today. He was a pretty nice guy, didn't try to talk me into anything, which was cool because you always hear the horror stories...those must be the Army recruiters.

Anyway, he said he has to check on my depression medication as he has never heard of it. He brought up a story about guys on Adderall and I like an idiot mentioned that I have a prescription for it, and he said it has to be out of my system for a year before I can do anything.

I actually managed to impress him because of my ACT score, so that was pretty cool. We'll see how it goes. He said minus the medication he does not think there is anything else that would disqualify me, as I have no disabilities or trouble with the law. I will know in a few days whether or not my medicine matters but it looks like it will be about a year anyway until the Adderall is out of my system.

shirty1
04-28-08, 09:45 PM
never heard of that? anyways just think of it as a year to mature and prepare yourself for whats ahead. who knows maybe ull decide to go Army strong..lol

Bullpup
04-28-08, 10:26 PM
Good for you Ryan. I remember that first step being hard. You can definetly wait a year, it will suck waiting so long, but you can PT and gain a lot of knowledge in that time. I'm glad my first impression of you has proven to be wrong. Good luck man.

st0rm
04-28-08, 11:39 PM
well if you signed up right now you would still be there in a year.

If you wait a year and still want it awesome, if not then it's a good thing they made you wait

Marine84
04-29-08, 07:31 AM
Why Do You Post In 2 Different Places????

gobuffs10
04-30-08, 02:51 PM
I post in 2 places cause I posted my questions in both forums, so I am keeping both forums updated.

Marine84
04-30-08, 03:52 PM
I post in 2 places cause I posted my questions in both forums, so I am keeping both forums updated.

Dip$h!t - it isn't necessary - clogs things up. We Marines get to look into EVERY forum on here.

The correct answer would have been "yes Ma'am - will keep from doing that in the future and would a Moderator PLEASE delete the oher thread"!

gobuffs10
04-30-08, 04:34 PM
yes Ma'am...I will keep from doing that in the future, and would a moderator PLEASE delete the other thread?

sorry, I'm new. learnin the ropes

gobuffs10
04-30-08, 04:35 PM
I will say though, calling me a dip**** wasn't really necessary either.

PatriotGirl422
04-30-08, 04:58 PM

INCOMING!

Grow thick skin or get out, kid.

immaproshooter
04-30-08, 05:01 PM
lol..if bein called a dip**** bothers you you sure as hell are in for a rude awakening when you hit boot if ya do make that choice....

SGT7477
04-30-08, 06:37 PM
You could have been called worse.:evilgrin: :flag:

Marine84
04-30-08, 07:12 PM

You don't catch on too quick, do ya?

Did I ask you anything? I don't remember there being a question at the end of my post asking you what YOU thought was necessary. One thing you're going to have to learn QUICK is when a Marine says something to you - doesn't matter whether you like it or not. If your skin is that thin, thicken it up, wait until your nuts fall and come back to try again.

Big Jim
04-30-08, 07:24 PM
You don't catch on too quick, do ya?

Did I ask you anything? I don't remember there being a question at the end of my post asking you what YOU thought was necessary. One thing you're going to have to learn QUICK is when a Marine says something to you - doesn't matter whether you like it or not. If your skin is that thin, thicken it up, wait until your nuts fall and come back to try again.

I THINK I'M IN LOVE...!!! ALL THAT AUTHORITY WITH AN M16A2, TO BOOT...I MIGHT AS WELL BUY A RING...!!! WHAT SIZE RING DO YOU WEAR KIM? LOL!! LOVE YA BABE!

SGT7477
04-30-08, 07:25 PM
Lmfao.

BR34
04-30-08, 07:29 PM
You almost did it...ALMOST!!!! But you just couldn't let it go, could you? You had to come back and post again to show everyone who's really boss. Because you, take no **** from anyone huh?

Well, good job, civilian. I'm sure all the ACTUAL Poolees here are really impressed with you now.

Marine84
04-30-08, 07:43 PM
Size 7 Big Jim and I love all kinds of precious stones!

Big Jim
04-30-08, 07:46 PM
Well, I've always heard a diamond was a girl's best friend!! Size 7 huh? Hmmm...I think I can arrange that!!

Phantom Blooper
04-30-08, 08:07 PM
Dip**** is better than me calling you Fukwad! Grow some groin muscles and do what is necessary to enlist....if that little comment hurt your psych and feelings keep taking the drugs and stay home!:evilgrin:

Marine84
04-30-08, 08:49 PM
Dip**** is better than me calling you Fukwad!

HAHAHAHAHA! Or a Fuktard! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Donut Brigade
04-30-08, 08:50 PM
I can feel the love.

Marine84
04-30-08, 08:56 PM
I can feel the love.

DO we need to show you some too? :)

Donut Brigade
04-30-08, 09:06 PM
Yes please, ma'am...all this depression medication is making me want to join the Army.

SGT7477
04-30-08, 09:32 PM
Yes please, ma'am...all this depression medication is making me want to join the Army.
Well join the army then.:evilgrin:

Marine84
04-30-08, 09:34 PM
Yeah be all you can be or whatever they're advertising these days.

davidlu1222
05-01-08, 12:41 AM
im thinking about joining, im going to think about it though i went to c a reruite yesterday, not to good of a first impression, but im still giving it a chance, boot camps gonna b tuff as nails, i need to prepare myself for that be quite and do everything they say, but im still really ignorant when it comes down to my options but i know i want to have a goal before i join! i just dont want to get hustled, but hey good luck to you man

davidlu1222
05-01-08, 12:42 AM
And learn more grammer, puntcuation, and how to stay on topic...

davidlu1222
05-01-08, 12:43 AM
By the way, can any of you fine Marines give me some help or advice?

Bullpup
05-01-08, 04:47 AM
davidlu1222 go fill out your profile. Read the rules of this site. Use the search engine to find a ton of advice, and use proper punctuation and grammer when posting. Also don't hijack other peoples posts.

Ryan, you had it man. You were good all you had to do was keep your mouth shut. Then you choked. I would suggest you apologize, learn the lesson (we all had/have to), and move on.

Phantom Blooper
05-01-08, 05:56 AM
Where do we get such fine young men...we are searching far and wide for this caliber! NOT!

I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le,
In trouble or in pain.
With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
you could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain.
Oh, I could tell you why The ocean's near the shore.
I could think of things I never thunk before.
And then I'd sit, and think some more.
I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.

:evilgrin:

BR34
05-01-08, 06:09 AM
What's all this "grammer" stuff you poolees keep talking about?

www.dictionary.com

Marine84
05-01-08, 07:36 AM
im thinking about joining, im going to think about it though i went to c a reruite yesterday, not to good of a first impression, but im still giving it a chance, boot camps gonna b tuff as nails, i need to prepare myself for that be quite and do everything they say, but im still really ignorant when it comes down to my options but i know i want to have a goal before i join! i just dont want to get hustled, but hey good luck to you man

THIS one thinks he's texting on his freakin CELL PHONE!!!! WTFO?

davidlu1222
05-01-08, 08:33 AM
Sorry

immaproshooter
05-01-08, 12:35 PM
gotta love the nasties

*rolls eyes and sits back to enjoy a beer*

:beer:

gobuffs10
05-02-08, 04:32 AM
I fail. Sorry. I will learn to suck less.

And **** joining the Army...the music on those commercials makes me want to die.

Phantom Blooper
05-02-08, 05:02 AM
Failure is NOT an option!

Thick skin is a virtue and sometimes a requirement in life and the Marine Corps!

Learn from your past and pay attention to over hundreds of year of collective and combined experience on this site. And if one day you do become a Marine LISTEN and LEARN from your Marine leaders.

Sucking can also go a long way in life......but you have to pick and choose wisely what it is that is going to be sucked.....and make sure that the sucking is consensual and with the opposite sex!

Don't sell yourself short and don't jump to conclusions. As one of the poolees said you were doing fine until you let your alligator mouth overrun your hummingbird azz. Hang in there...get off the meds and don't give any more reasons for a further psych eval!:evilgrin:

gobuffs10
05-02-08, 05:10 AM
Failure is NOT an option!

Thick skin is a virtue and sometimes a requirement in life and the Marine Corps!

Learn from your past and pay attention to over hundreds of year of collective and combined experience on this site. And if one day you do become a Marine LISTEN and LEARN from your Marine leaders.

Sucking can also go a long way in life......but you have to pick and choose wisely what it is that is going to be sucked.....and make sure that the sucking is consensual and with the opposite sex!

Don't sell yourself short and don't jump to conclusions. As one of the poolees said you were doing fine until you let your alligator mouth overrun your hummingbird azz. Hang in there...get off the meds and don't give any more reasons for a further psych eval!:evilgrin:

Thanks! I'm getting off em, so far so good. The Staff Sergeant wants my medical records, I am not sure what he means. He said he wanted what meds I have taken and when I started/stopped. I'm just confused because I have not yet stopped the Cymbalta. I have cut the dosage from 120mgs to 60mgs a day (2 pills to 1 pill), trying to slowly wean myself off.

The thing I'm bummed about is the Adderall. I don't take it, haven't in years, but my mom thinks it helps me study, so I pay my ten bucks each month and I get it, then toss it in the garbage. Man I hate that stuff. It appears as though that is what is going to make this a long process. We'll see.

I appreciate everyone's help, and I don't mean to be a whiner or a smartass. I haven't had those two things worked out of me yet :bunny:

SGT7477
05-02-08, 06:31 AM
Go army,go navy, go air force the choice is yours.

gobuffs10
05-02-08, 03:47 PM
Go army,go navy, go air force the choice is yours.

Yep, and I chose the Marines. Now hopefully they choose me.

I WILL make it, no matter how long it takes. The wheels are already in motion. You may not like me, but I'm trying my absolute best to do this and that's more than a lot of folks can say.

SGT7477
05-02-08, 04:12 PM
Did I ever say I didn't like you, Man Up and Get Some?

gobuffs10
05-02-08, 04:35 PM
I need to learn to keep my stupid mouth shut.

SGT7477
05-02-08, 05:26 PM
That could very well be the first step.

BR34
05-02-08, 05:35 PM
Oohrah to shutting stupid mouthes.

Marine84
05-02-08, 06:50 PM
I need to learn to keep my stupid mouth shut.

Ahhhh grasshoppa!