PDA

View Full Version : So you want to go Infantry

Quinbo
04-28-08, 02:06 AM
Barrowed from another site

My Theory, Why Marines ALWAYS take the Beach !<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

<O:P> </O:P>

Picture yourself in a hot troop hold with racks about 2 ft. apart. You’re lying in a rack with another Marine’s ass inches from your face and you’re hoping he doesn’t have gas. If you’re on the bottom rack, you get to smell everyone’s feet and crusty boots….if you’re on the top rack, every time you move, you bang a body part on the ship’s ductwork.<O:P></O:P>

At 3am…they wake your ass and you file down to the galley, half asleep. Seasoned Grunts just get coffee or juice and maybe toast….that’s it. The newbies will be eating eggs, bacon, SOS and anything else they can slam down their throat. The older Marines just look at em, and shake their heads.<O:P></O:P>

Now, we get all our gear…..rifles, packs, radios, vests, etc and put it on. Oh wait…you have to carry the pack in your hand because the ship’s portals and ladder wells were made for Tom Thumb, and if you put all the crap on…you can’t get down the gangways. You do this for about 5 or 6 levels down.<O:P></O:P>

So, now you’re in the ship’s hold and all the Amtracs are ******* to belly button. You get a safety briefing and they tell you that besides all the other **** on your ass, you have to wear a Kapok or Mae West. Like that is gonna save you if you’re in an Amtrak that sinks while you’re sealed inside !!!<O:P></O:P>

Here comes the fun part.<O:P></O:P>

You file in….the outboard seats, legs facing inward. The poor SOB’s stuck with the middle bench have no backrest. Everyone’s knees are meshed between the guy across from them and your rifle is also between your legs. They seal the Trac door and start the engines. Now, all the Amtracs start their engines. Oh yeah, did I mention the Cummins Diesel Engine is in the Trac with you and only covered by a steel mesh screen? Well it is….and guess where that heat and diesel fumes are goin? If you guessed inside with you….you is correct. Now, we’ll sit there in the hold doing this for about 20 minutes or so. Then your Trac moves in line, headed for the ramp into the Ocean. Of course all the hatches are sealed and you’re already sweating like a pig.<O:P></O:P>

That damn Mae West is rubbing the hell out of your neck, the guy across from you just accidently kneed you in the nads, and the guy next to you..his rifle is pressed into your calf.<O:P></O:P>

This is the religious part. When Amtracs go down the ramp into the water…they go under,,,for a little bit then hopefully bob back up. A Marine once told me he saw one that didn’t and it wasn’t pretty. So now as you go down the ramp…..water rushes in from all the hatches..and all those Hail Mary’s and Our Father’s paid off…you didn’t sink. Whew!<O:P></O:P>

So, now….you don’t go right to the beach. Nooooooo, see, we have to wait til every friggin Amtrac is off every friggin ship in the landing, so we go in circles and go in circles, and go in circles. Meanwhile, an Amtrac in the Ocean is like a bobbing cork…choking away with that diesel engine. By now, you’re all wet, smell like diesel oil and fumes, are unbelievably cramped up, and still sweating like a pig. <O:P></O:P>

A Corpsman in a Trac with me used to carry a thermometer attached to his button hole of his cammies. He showed it to me once and it read 121 degrees…..inside the Trac !!!<O:P></O:P>

Remember the Newbie loading up in the galley? Well guess what? He’s now taking off his helmet and removing the helmet liner and yorking all over inside it…..damn near filling it up. Ahhh…heat, diesel fumes, water, oil and now the pleasant aroma of vomit in a sealed tank. We call that the Domino theory, because now…almost everyone is gonna lose it. So, now that we’re all off the ships, and ALL the Tracs are headed on line to the beach…13 Marines are all blowing chunks inside the Amtrac, which is wet, filled with diesel fumes and 121 degrees. So far…you’re into this Disney ride for about an hour.<O:P></O:P>

You feel the bottom of the Trac rumble and sputter through the sand…and you’re thinking “Thank God….get me the F*ck outta this thing!”<O:P></O:P>

Amtrac sputters a few more times and with every twisting turn, you get another piece of gear or weapon jammed into a body part.<O:P></O:P>

Finally, the Trac stops and the driver yells, “Gates going down” and then someone yells “Lock and load”. That’s not too easy while you’re holding a helmet filled with vomit and some is bound to spill on your knees and down your legs.<O:P></O:P>

As the Amtrac gate buzzes and lowers slower than ****….a blast of cold air finally enters.<O:P></O:P>

It could be 98 deg out, but after this ride, it feels like the <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Arctic</ST1:PLACE>.<O:P></O:P>

As everyone runs out the back of the Trac…they’re dumping their filled helmet out in the sand. Then they put it back on. You run, fall in the sand…on line, smelling like sea water, diesel, sweat, and now…vomit as you take off the damn Kapok or Mae West.<O:P></O:P>

Your only thought at this point after this ride from hell.<O:P></O:P>

“I swear to God…I wanna KILL something”<O:P></O:P>

And that’s why Marines always take a beachhead…..cuz there’s no way they’re going back from whence they came.<O:P></O:P>

Just my Theory.

yellowwing
04-28-08, 07:26 AM
Good stuff! And to think I envied you Grunts talking about Med Floats.

maverickmarine
04-30-08, 03:21 PM
That is freakin' outstanding, hilarious and...oh, I just vomited a little in my mouth. LOL>

Gumby
05-01-08, 10:26 PM
Thats wonderul