PDA

View Full Version : Voting at boot camp?

pistolwhip88
04-27-08, 08:23 AM
First off I want to say thanks to all the Marines. Second I go to MEPS in a couple of weeks I plan on joining the MARINES and I am possitive my physical will be fine. My Recruiter is telling me that I can be shipped off to MCRD San Diego as soon as middle of September and I was wondering due to the election comming up will I have a chance to vote? Also I have decided I want to go Infantry is that MOS hard to get? Im thinking this is a stupid question but I would just like some feed back. Thanks.

sparkie
04-27-08, 08:29 AM
Vote early absentee, Go to your registrars office. Being prepaired is more than a Boy Scout thing.....

pistolwhip88
04-27-08, 08:30 AM
OK Awesome thanks a lot since this is my first year voting I was not sure on how all that worked out.

SGT7477
04-27-08, 08:31 AM
It depends where the Corps needs you at the time when I was in infantry was easy to get in to but wait there was many contracts broken so 95% of the platoon went into infantry,lol.

pistolwhip88
04-27-08, 08:46 AM
ok awesome, I took the asvab and made a 86 my recruiter was pushing me to try and do somthing different he told me he could possibly get me a bonus if i go into I believe it is called "data systems" but I dont give a S*** about a bonus, My Uncle was in Vietnam and my Grandfather was in WW2. I just want to see some "action" dispite what my "friends" say. I got this qoute from my friends dad who was in the Air Force "If you want to sign your own death cirtificate join the Marines" I just smilled and nodded. This is the same guy that got Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in the Air Force yet never saw any combat ( I sh*t you not).

sparkie
04-27-08, 08:59 AM
So you wanna see some action? Rent a movie. Plenty of younguns like you wanna see action, till they see it.
Case in point

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=344743#post344743

Smitty Puffs
04-27-08, 11:21 AM
ok awesome, I took the asvab and made a 86 my recruiter was pushing me to try and do somthing different he told me he could possibly get me a bonus if i go into I believe it is called "data systems" but I dont give a S*** about a bonus, My Uncle was in Vietnam and my Grandfather was in WW2. I just want to see some "action" dispite what my "friends" say. I got this qoute from my friends dad who was in the Air Force "If you want to sign your own death cirtificate join the Marines" I just smilled and nodded. This is the same guy that got Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in the Air Force yet never saw any combat ( I sh*t you not).

Ok well when you earn that title and after you've seen some action, make sure you come back and tell us how much fun it was.

pistolwhip88
04-27-08, 11:44 AM
Right as of now I am just taking it one step of a time, My Eye is first on Earning that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, and The Title MARINE, and as for the action goes I dont intend on it to be fun, but I do want to be on the frontlines. I look at this way guys my age are getting there balls blown off while I sit on my ass trying to win a pointless game of Madden on my xbox, I feel I owe it to them to atleast give them a helping hand.

phantasm
04-27-08, 01:54 PM

You got an 86 on the ASVAB and you can barely spell? Let alone the grammar. Also, combat isn't all you think it is, trust me. Never having been there (medical) but I've seen what it's done to some of my closest friends. I'm sure everyone has their own horror story here. Frankly, I won't even indulge you.

Best of luck, and congratulations on that 86.

RPTrainor
04-27-08, 06:33 PM
OK Awesome thanks a lot since this is my first year voting I was not sure on how all that worked out.
I hope you where born after November 8th 1988! I am assuming from your screen name that your year of birth is 1988. In which case if this is your first year voting that means you choose not to participate in the 2006 elections even though you where 18 and able to vote. Take some pride in your country and learn about the electoral process and participate in your community before you even imagine about becoming one of the few, the proud, the Marines.

:iwo:

sparkie
04-27-08, 06:58 PM
RP,,,stand down,,,, give the man a break.

Wyoming
04-27-08, 07:07 PM
RP,,,stand down,,,, give the man a break.

Ditto!!

At least pistolwhip88 is going to MEPS, but this RPTrainor is a 24yo wannabee.