PDA

View Full Version : Back from the island.

CarriO
04-26-08, 12:02 AM
Graduated this morning. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But I got a weird feeling on the plane ride home today. As much as I hated the drama in my platoon, and as hard as some of the physical stuff was, I felt as though a part of me had been ripped out because I knew in the morning my rifle wouldn't be there, my sisters would be miles away, and I'd have no one telling me to get dressed within 2 minutes or we wouldn't get head calls. Looking at the ground from the air above and all the random sand trails and open fields made me want to go through the Crucible all over again. I wanted nothing more than to high crawl, low crawl, and back crawl with my rifle and war gear; even if it did tear up my elbows and legs. That's what I've been training to do, and nothing would make me happier than to be able to do it again. I guess boot camp does brainwash you into a warrior a little bit... I think I'll high crawl to my room tonight before I hit the rack...

If anyone, especially females, has questions about boot camp, I'd be glad to answer them for you.

---------------------------------

"Platoon 4012, DISMISSED!"
"AYE, GUNNERY SERGEANT! OOHRAH!"

davblay
04-26-08, 12:40 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62292

welcome home Marine, now follow the link to get squared away.

Dave

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-26-08, 01:08 AM
Welcome home Marine. Enjoy your time at home. UNWIND!!!!!

Reagan
04-26-08, 02:19 AM
You have no idea how inspiring and motivating it is for me to hear stuff like this. Thank you for sharing it!

rvillac2
04-26-08, 02:34 AM
Welcome home, Marine. Enjoy your leave. You'll be back in the suck before you know it.

jerry pattison
04-26-08, 07:32 AM
Welcome Home "marine".enjoy Your Stay Home

Mindgame
04-26-08, 09:11 AM
Yep. I got home last night, and it was just weird. Waking up this morning not being counted down to get on line, and not being counted down to get dressed. I still havn't said "this recruit" yet. :) Eating breakfast this morning was a little odd to. I still can't take my time eating.

Switchfire
04-26-08, 11:25 AM
Whats with the quotation marks on "marine" jerry?

Seems a little sircastic or something lol

yellowwing
04-26-08, 11:30 AM
Welcome back and congratulations! Did you pick up any rank?

Semper Fi Marine :usmc:

CarriO
04-26-08, 11:36 AM
Welcome back and congratulations! Did you pick up any rank?

I was a contract PFC for college credits. So, yes and no, I suppose. I didn't climb the totem pole any higher, but I'm not at the bottom.

CarriO
04-26-08, 11:40 AM
Yep. I got home last night, and it was just weird. Waking up this morning not being counted down to get on line, and not being counted down to get dressed. I still havn't said "this recruit" yet. :) Eating breakfast this morning was a little odd to. I still can't take my time eating.

So you were on the island too, huh?? Yay Hotel and November Company!

I kinda miss PI. I definitely still woke up before 0500. And yeah, I think it's going to take us a while to stop the "chew chew swallow" routine. Oh man, good times.

yellowwing
04-26-08, 11:43 AM
I felt the same way, PFC Day. After Base Liberty with my mom and sister, I really was glad to get back to the Squadbay with the team.

Wyoming
04-26-08, 01:10 PM
Whats with the quotation marks on "marine" jerry?

Seems a little sircastic or something lol

... said the poolee to the Marine.

Listen!

Here the whistling sound!!!

Camper51
04-26-08, 03:14 PM
Welcome aboard, MARINE. Enjoy your tour...

catorojr
04-26-08, 03:40 PM

Small Corps =) I graduated yesterday as well- I can't stand up straight without having my feet at a 45 degree angle (heels together) and thumbs on my trouser seams. On top of that I woke up at 0300 this morning making sure I made a head call before the head was secured...

I made sure to PT though so I didn't feel disgusting throughout the day- it is quite odd I'll agree not continuing the usual schedule!

Congratulations to my Brothers and Sisters in Co H and N, Oorah!

-Pvt Toro, Plt 2029, Co H Bn 2

Marine84
04-26-08, 04:48 PM
Congratulations Marines! Welcome Home!

It IS a strange feeling that first day back home. You'll get used to it.

yellowwing
04-26-08, 04:55 PM
Congratulations Private Toro!

Whitey
04-26-08, 07:24 PM
ok i know im going to hear some stories about my former drill instructors(platoon 2118, grad. day december 21st) ssgt headly and sgt criblear.

Whitey
04-26-08, 07:37 PM
oh and what is this that my hotel company i loved so much was all set back in training because of a company wide bed rest?

catorojr
04-26-08, 10:46 PM
oh and what is this that my hotel company i loved so much was all set back in training because of a company wide bed rest?

Yea, we were quarentined for a week and were stuck doing BS in the squad bays because of some whiney b!tches complaining about the crud. We did allot of indoor formations though- and crammed as much as possible afterwards to catch up to where we should be in training... No bed rest though, and the second we were off quarentine our SDI made sure to sweat the rest of that weakness out of our systems =) Along with some zithromax to finish it off... that following field day was fun as well!!

Switchfire
04-26-08, 11:45 PM

Listen!

Well either way.. she is a Marine... Not a "Quotation mark marine quotation mark"

Or im missing something

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-27-08, 01:19 AM
Well either way.. she is a Marine... Not a "Quotation mark marine quotation mark"

Or im missing something

The fact that it is not your place to correct a Marine, and especially in such a tact less way. Remember who you are, and who you are amongst. Marines take care of their own, and police their own. Any mistakes made or said by a Marine, will be dealt with by other Marines. You do not reserve or rate the right to speak to a United States Marine like that. Correct Yourself and Carry On.

Switchfire
04-27-08, 01:28 AM
Ok

Sorry for asking that question

Switchfire
04-27-08, 02:09 AM
Well before I get too agitated or banned for talking to people on forums im just going to stop.

Maybe a mod will delete my account no big deal.

Thanks for all the help anyone has given me

Mindgame
04-27-08, 06:56 AM
Are you guys/ladies still walking around saying diddys in your head? Dam I can't go anywhere without saying "Keyword OSMEAC" Or something like that.

As much as you get used to PI, and it starts feeling normal. I am very glad to be back home, and get some much needed time to ..... well do as I please. :)

SGT7477
04-27-08, 08:05 AM

Listen!

Some people never learn.:evilgrin:

SGT7477
04-27-08, 08:07 AM
Welcome aboard Marines,Semper FI.

Whitey
04-27-08, 09:59 AM
who were your guys di's?

catorojr
04-27-08, 04:13 PM
who were your guys di's?

Platoon 2029

SDI SSgt Foster
DI SSgt Kirby (Heavy)
DI Sgt Kees
DI Sgt Brown

DI SSgt Burnside was our Heavy for 1st phase and part of 2nd. We had DI SSgt Byrd and DI Sgt Grey for 1st phase as well.

Whitey
04-27-08, 04:18 PM
burnside was hilarious and grey reminds me of dave chapelle. i think those other ones you listed are new though. i remember ssgt headley, sgt criblear, sgt brake, sgt mahalicheck(i cant spell it so i sounded it out), sgt prinsen, ssgt perry, sgt cruces(sp?), ssgt palmer, ssgt scott, sgt barbita and thats all i can think of right now.

CarriO
04-27-08, 04:29 PM
Platoon 2029

SDI SSgt Foster
DI SSgt Kirby (Heavy)
DI Sgt Kees
DI Sgt Brown

DI SSgt Burnside was our Heavy for 1st phase and part of 2nd. We had DI SSgt Byrd and DI Sgt Grey for 1st phase as well.

DI Sgt Kees was hilarious! He cracked me up when we were at A-Line/BWT with you guys. Of course I kept my bearing, but I was laughing so hard on the inside. Oh PI... How I love thee...

BR34
04-27-08, 04:56 PM
Yea, we were quarentined for a week and were stuck doing BS in the squad bays because of some whiney b!tches complaining about the crud. We did allot of indoor formations though- and crammed as much as possible afterwards to catch up to where we should be in training... No bed rest though, and the second we were off quarentine our SDI made sure to sweat the rest of that weakness out of our systems =) Along with some zithromax to finish it off... that following field day was fun as well!!

Complaining about the crud? What's the crud? Some kind of disease floating around the battalion?

Mindgame
04-27-08, 07:57 PM

I was quarentiend. You guys where isolated. The mojoraty of the Co. was isolated to there squadbays, and chow hall. Some of us where strictly stuck in the squad bay that they sent us all with Pnamonia to.

We had Corpsman come to every Deck. The checked everysingle recruit. They decided who was going to medical. I ended up getting sent for chest xrays, and had an Pnemonia (sp). They decided to put me in quarentien. I was there for 2 days strictly bed rest. It was some much needed rest that got me right back on my feet.