PDA

View Full Version : Do We Really Need The UN..............

thedrifter
04-26-03, 06:54 PM
The Track Record of the UN is not too good. All comments welcome.....

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

greybeard
04-26-03, 10:30 PM
I voted no strictly due to the way the UN is currently funded, chartered, and structured. When you have countries like Libya soon to be heading up important parts of the UN, something is badly amiss.

Sgt Sostand
04-27-03, 01:08 AM
No we dont need the UN at all the UN is a joke

virwar
04-27-03, 07:33 AM
Absolutely NOT! They are completely useless. Semper Fi Dave.

MillRatUSMC
04-27-03, 07:34 AM
Every passing day in Iraq and the information discovered.
Gives evidents that the UN missed on it's mission.
It's faliure to act on Saddam's regime will forever live as testimony of it's failure to humanity.
It has outlive it's usefulness.
It must go the way of another organization that fail to act against Germany in the 30's.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Roberto T. Cast
04-27-03, 07:37 AM
I voted no. The UN is anti American. They see the United States of America as a threat to world peace. That is why the UN voted the USA off the UN International Humanitarian Council.
Governments like Iraq, they want to keep in place. France and other nations like to exploit and make money at the time by selling to the under develop countries stuff that they should not have. Remember France sells of weapons to other countries. Don't be surprise if the UN tries to votes to kick out the USA from being a UN member. Look out for france, they are developing into second or third world rate country. The UN is a joke.

Maybe, someone should set up a UN website, just like Bagdad Bob, and make fun, write jokes, or whatever about the UN. This should let the UN know what Americans really thinks of the UN.:banana:

ydna
04-27-03, 07:47 AM
UN what's that?
It's a bunch of politicians who debate debate debate until they fall a sleep, it's a debating society.
They only concern is, how can I earn as much money as possible, by doing nothing.

mrbsox
04-27-03, 08:19 AM
Not the way it is, deffinatly NO NEED for the U.N. I'm beginning to think they have been reading too many books, like how to rasie self esteem, and thus gain positive results. Dr. Spook, and all the rest of the schemes:

HAVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG !!

What ever happened to;

Speak softly, but carry a big stick
Peace, through superior fire power

I'm gonna pi$$ some body off with this, but the U.N. is like UNIONS...... out lived it's usefullness, it's time has passed, it didn't adapt with the worlds needs. Has gotton so big, it's become 'SELF' serving, instead of 'people' serving, as was intended.

lurchenstein
04-28-03, 02:56 AM
The actions of key member nations (france, germany, & russia) are a conflict of interest (they're national interests above the rest of the world). Also, does not seem to be any unity or leadership left among the key nations (save a few - the present U.S.-led coalition). Why maintain an organization that doesn't work (and can be proven mostly ineffective)? I believe we can maintain our diplomatic ties with the nations of the world without the U.N.

kubba
04-28-03, 03:22 AM
It seems to me every time the UN sticks its nose in some countries buisness the US has to do the cleanup while the UN goes home to read the paper and have coffee.
Gung Ho
Semper FI
Do or Die
stan

thedrifter
04-29-03, 04:50 PM
Does the World really need the UN...........Does anything really get done.........

Sempers,

Roger

arzach
04-30-03, 07:28 PM
In theory it's a good thing..In reality it's a CLUSTERPHUK!

Sgt Sostand
05-01-03, 06:11 AM
The UN is Broken Down and Cant be fix LOL thanks to the French:lick:

ladileathrnek
05-01-03, 08:35 AM
Just take a look at the countries they have the on the "Human Rights Committee" with the UN.....i.e., Iran, Cuba. The UN is useless. They don't want to act on any issue that might cause them to ACT. They look at America whenever something happens and says "What are YOU going to do about it". Like the Korea issue.

Red Dragon
05-01-03, 12:42 PM
It seems most of the delegates to the UN could careless what is going on in the world if it doesn't concern them directly. They just want to come to New York, Party and have fun.

Red Dragon aka HL

ladileathrnek
05-02-03, 09:23 AM
Thursday, May 1, 2003 5:52 p.m. EDT
Tom DeLay: U.S. Should Leave U.N.

One of the most powerful Republicans in Congress said Thursday that the United Nations is now so irrelevant that the U.S. should withdraw from the world body.

Reacting to ex-President Bill Clinton's statement in Mexico yesterday that the Iraq war shouldn't become a precedent for weakening the U.N., House Majority Leader Tom DeLay said, "I don't know that you can weaken the U.N. any more."

"They're weakening themselves and, in my opinion, have completely made themselves irrelevant," he told national radio host Sean Hannity.

"If that's the case, should we pull out, then?" Hannity asked.

DeLay responded: "Well, I'd like to. I've never been a big fan of the United Nations."

"I don't think it serves us at all," the Texas Republican continued. "We can create different kinds of multilateral organizations that bring people together. The only thing that's important that the United Nations provides is actually getting countries to sit down and talk to each other."

DeLay said that the U.N. had deteriorated into "a huge bureaucracy" that "just ties everybody in knots and no decisions can be made. It is doomed to failure. It has failed. And to me it's totally irrelevant."

DeLay was equally critical of ex-President Clinton for his comments endorsing a prominent role for the U.N. in world affairs.

"For Bill Clinton, of all people - the biggest failed administration in our lifetime as far as international affairs is concerned, the president that faced terrorism one on one and did nothing about it, that caused a lot of the situations that we find ourselves in today - he has no credibility whatsoever to be making comments about what we should or shouldn't be doing."

DeLay is the highest-ranking U.S. official so far to advocate that the U.S. withdraw from the U.N.

usmc85204
05-02-03, 11:28 AM
The U.N. isn't about people, it is about power. Every time something need to get done in the world, the delegates start"what's in it for me>" To accomplish the smallest thing you have to buy a vote from some third world country. Our cash is the only thing that has helped us get anything done through this organization. This last time we tried cash, but the countries we went after wanted more that we had to spend, so we just used good old force. Now , they are all looking for a piece of the "lets rebuild Iraq" Pie. The U.N. just appears to be a utopian idea that is above us mere mortals. time to go it alone. Semper fi

thedrifter
05-03-03, 10:38 PM
What has the UN accomplished this past year? Where has all the money gone? Where do the delegates hang out?

Sempers,

Roger

MillRatUSMC
05-04-03, 05:27 AM
http://countrystore.blogspot.com/images/Screw_UN.jpg
This is my answer...vusually.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
05-04-03, 05:28 AM
Make that visually...sorry about that...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

thedrifter
05-06-03, 03:21 PM
Still looking for your responses..............What the Marines getting quiet all of a sudden..........LOL..............Voice your opinion........

Sempers,

Roger