PDA

View Full Version : Military Foreign Exchange

JordanB
04-25-08, 04:21 AM
Id heard that Marines could apply for a kind of "foreign exchange" with other NATO countrys for a year or whatever to get training and experience in a different part of the world, but Ive got no idea how to go about applying for this. I asked a few guys in my chain of command and they kind of looked at me like I had a dick growing out of my forehead, anybody on this site know anything about this?

Covey_Rider
04-25-08, 05:17 AM
The reason they're looking at you like you have a dick growing out of your head is because you've hardly trained with your OWN military and you're asking about going to train with other countries...I personally do not know much about this program if it does exist. But I can do some asking around. It sounds like something fun to do when I get back from Iraq.

Zulu 36
04-25-08, 06:03 AM
The reason they're looking at you like you have a dick growing out of your head is because you've hardly trained with your OWN military and you're asking about going to train with other countries...I personally do not know much about this program if it does exist. But I can do some asking around. It sounds like something fun to do when I get back from Iraq.

I've never heard of anyone but staff NCOs and captains (and above) even being considered for such assignments. Most of those also have some serious US schools under their belts too.

Marine84
04-25-08, 07:33 AM
Yeah..............I see the dick coming out of your forehead. You'll get plenty of training in other countries serving your own military.

Phantom Blooper
04-25-08, 07:38 AM
I used to know a 1st Lt who trained with the British as a liaison officer and one of the requirements must of been peeing out your forehead....because he definitely had an arrogant penis growing there.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
04-29-08, 07:25 PM
Did you find out anything Jordan? Or is your forehead still dripping?:evilgrin:

egbutler1
04-29-08, 08:45 PM
LOL, we trained with other countries as a unit before. Spent 6 months Deployed to Rota Spain and got to spend some time with the French and Brits. But as for anyone personally getting this kind of attention never heard of it. One of our Co (B co ATBN) got to go to Israel and train there for a few weeks. But even that doesn't happen much, i only think we got that kind of attention is because we where an Anti-Terrorism unit. No, we where not some HIGH SPEED crazy rickey recon unit. In case any poolees or wannabes wanted to know.

Petz
04-29-08, 09:28 PM
uh, I think it's for career Marines only kid... if you don't know that term then it doesn't apply to you so don't ask. I'm sure our government doesn't want a PFC learning techniques from foriegn countries militarys who will EAS 2 weeks after they get back.

and yes that thing looks at least 8 inchs.... you must have the ladies drooling.