PDA

View Full Version : Scuba/Jump Qualified Officer?

Auwe76
04-24-08, 04:25 PM
Under what circumstances, I mean why, would an officer be permitted to be qualified for these? Just as an advanced infantry, or what?

*I know this seems like a dumb question, but I couldnt find it anywhere, and I'm just too curious for my own good*

Respectfully,
A. West

Auwe76
04-24-08, 04:28 PM
Also, what would an officer have to do to become recon, or can they?

Auwe76
04-24-08, 04:34 PM
*EDIT: When I wrote Officer, I was referring to Commissioned, not Warrant Officers*

cantoine
04-24-08, 06:40 PM
Officers become can become jump certified and scuba certified if they are in a Recon unit. Yes, they can do all of that fun ****. There's also a number of other reasons or MOSs they could get those schools for.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-24-08, 10:37 PM
Every enlisted Marine needs an officer to tell him what to do from time to time. If the Marines that need to be told what to do and they happen to be under water or falling from an airplane, it is only reasonable to expect that their commanding officer and platoon commander would be able to be there with them.

LiamY
04-26-08, 04:24 AM
How would the officer issue orders without drowning? ;) Sorry if I'm out of line, the idea of someone yelling into a scuba mask makes me laugh, though.

Wyoming
04-26-08, 09:09 AM
How would the officer issue orders without drowning? ;) Sorry if I'm out of line, the idea of someone yelling into a scuba mask makes me laugh, though.

Is the poolee for real??