PDA

View Full Version : C Tractor used by Combat Engineers Info needed

SgtHopperUSMC
04-24-08, 12:33 PM
Ok. I have a puzzle. I have been trying to find info on the C tractor used by engineers. It was built by Mecedes I believe. Introduced in the late 80's. What was its real name?

temarti
04-24-08, 12:48 PM
I had to pull out the old license, it was officially listed as SEE (Self Excavating/Entrenching) tractor. It was made by Mercedes, however it never drove like one.

http://mcdetflw.tecom.usmc.mil/ENGIC/SEEBAK.jpg

ZSKI
04-24-08, 01:13 PM
i heard it was fun as hell to drive, but ya its no longer used by the USMC i think the army uses it but not us. We use the 420 IT

temarti
04-24-08, 02:56 PM
It was fun to drive, two wheels to one side were common. The problem was the gear shift.

SgtHopperUSMC
04-24-08, 03:23 PM
Thanks. It did have a lot of gears though.

ZSKI
04-25-08, 11:47 AM
ya i heard the shift was by your ****ing head. Im HE but the SEE was before my time.

temarti
04-25-08, 12:02 PM
It is good to see another Heavy Junker, as I go around from base to base I still some fo the same equipment used when I was in (91-95). Our BEOP was the second to be trained on the EBFL. Always a fun one. I was stuck with LSB, so the primary mission was beach and port ops. The RTCH was great when no one was on the port for set up, racing them and trying to get them off of all fours. Naha port was laid out perfect with the waves in the concrete.