PDA

View Full Version : Our Military Must End One-upmanship!

thedrifter
04-24-08, 07:07 AM
Our Military Must End One-upmanship! <br />
<br />
Don Bendell <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
When I teach martial arts, my main concern is teaching my students how to protect themselves from attack, rape, kidnapping, or abuse....

ltmebecrewchief
04-24-08, 06:49 PM
the author of this is going to get guidon shoved down his throat if he thinks the Marine Corps will become a part of the army willingly

Coachgun
04-24-08, 09:19 PM
jealous aint he

ecfree
04-24-08, 09:41 PM
This gentleman has a major malfunction.
It must be from the pcp, angel dust ,coke, tcp ,quad's ,or just to much wacky weed.:D

Petz
04-24-08, 10:01 PM
So what is the solution? I think the U.S. Marine Corps is the finest infantry force in the world, but the U.S. Navy, in my opinion, has zero business possessing its own army. The solution is very simple: The Marine Corps stays the same but simply becomes a branch of the U.S. Army. However, I propose changing MARSOC’s function: The only Special Operations mission the USMC should have is Direct Action, such as Force Recon or sniper teams, but not UW (unconventional warfare).

you sir are a tool... this was thought of, but no... ships need protection... missles won't cut it... we need to take that beach head for the army to even do anything... look at d-day vs iwo to (it was officially changed from iwo jima, both mean the same thing, however iwo to was what is was called by the locals) we owned them the army cried and almost ran away....

the army have been tools for far too long... they cost us korea for being tools, they cost us vietnam for being tools... they would have cost us japan if government hadn't had the foresight to keep them out of our way!!!!.... the army just sucks because they are not "one fighting force" they are 75% lazy bastards and 25% retards who don't know which end the bullet comes out of.... example... unmaned .50 cal... why? they are tools! that's why they have the highest casualty rate in Iraq right now.

I'm ****ed and I didn't even read the whole essay.

greybeard
05-06-08, 09:42 PM
Except for the few caveats, that was without a doubt the biggest pile of feces I ever stepped in. This proposal won't get past the lowest committee on the hill, much less very far thru the halls of the Pentagon. Don Bendell will be lucky indeed if his house isn't burned to the ground, his cat fed to his dog, and his dog hung in his front yard and slit from throat to pecker so his grandkids can see their kitty when they exit the schoolbus.

I feel better now.

Haffner
05-06-08, 10:15 PM
There have been times in history where the continued existence of the Marine Corps was threatened by politicians that thought it wasn't necessary anymore, amongst other reasons.

If we were to be transferred to the army...wow, I can just see reenlistment, retention, and potentially some recruiting just going straight to ****.

It's not as if, in any way shape or form, the army is our enemy, but analogitically, they're like that pesky, annoying little brother that always does some embarassing **** infront of your friends, tattle-tale's all the time, picks his nose too much and gets all F's in school. It's already bad enough to say you live in the same house, but admitting you're related can just be damn embarassing, no matter how much you love him.

Haha, I know that's a kinda f'ed up analogy, but seriously, everywhere a Marine would go on his combined army/Marine base or whatever they'd make it, every freakin' dogface would have that smug little look on his face, and if not vocalising, at least thinking, "That's right, you're a part of US, not we are a part of you! We simply MUST be better."

IDK maybe none of that makes any sense I'm just kinda ****ed after even readin that garbage.

Osotogary
05-06-08, 10:37 PM
Except for the few caveats
I agree with you, greybeard, and I certainly am not, in any remote way, an expert in these matters. I have always thought that all Armed Forces should "be on the same page" in purpose, commitment and application of military matters thoughout the ranks..no exception, and that each seperate Armed Force should do what they are trained to do in order to be victorious. Fight to win together.

snickel777
05-06-08, 11:00 PM
okay... Marines are not a part of the Army, do not doubt that ever. We are the mark by which all others are measured. That is the fact. I see it when I go to Drill with the Guard. No one doubts my Esprit de Corps and I consistantly sought after to training. Why? The answer is clear. I see the author point but there is not doubt that the Marine Corps is more relevant today than in the first Gulf War. Understand The EGA is the standard. The realm of War is our to take at any time we are loosed. Look at the accomplishments carefully before saying the MC is Part of anything but the Navy. We are what we are and we are envied for it. I don't want to hear words I want to see deeds. That is my mantra now. Loyalty Above all but Honor. Ahh dang it... Sorry everyone I got rolling again. OOHRAH.

:flag:

RLeon
05-07-08, 02:23 AM
Wow what a great original idea, make the Marines part of the Army..... <br />
That's all we need, those genius Army brass directly in charge of the Corps...that will run smoothly. <br />
<br />
I guess we'd have to...

snickel777
05-07-08, 02:42 AM
True and True. When the Chinese and North Koreans would not attack anyone wearing the legins we wore the Army Generals tried to make us take them off. Don't let anyone get away with talking the game. If you want to play the Game Marine play expect to get hurt and viscously go beyond the pain. Or let the Marine do the job shut up and stay behind. The Marine Corps is the Standard of a warrior.

JohnEaceHunt
05-07-08, 05:05 AM
I feel mr. Num-Nut-Professor don bendell should quickly go to the closest stool he can find and take a very-very long dump. He is SO full of it he most likely has it close to gushing out of his ears. I feel he spent 1 day too many in the Army reading fairy tales. Bar his sons from any Military Service, as they are certainly brain washed by their daddy into thinking and believing in this assinine, foolish, and imbasilliac idea. The Marine Corps simply put out produces the Army by at the least 10 Army, to 1 Marine. Thats for FACT. Go down the road don bendell, and leave the,(MY), Marine Corps ALONE NOW.!!

MarineNCO
05-07-08, 05:06 AM
Something this guy is missing and unless I am mistaken the US Marine Corps can be delpoyed by the President for a set amount of time w/o the approval of Congress. We are the only organized OPFOR that is able to do this. The Army has their Special Forces as does the Navy and the Air Force but they cannot bring th emanpower to bear that the Marine Corps can in a very fhort amount of time. Perhaps that is why we are called Expeditionary Forces in Readiness, Tip of the Spear etc etc.

Phantom Winger
05-07-08, 10:24 AM
I think it is time to present this very controversial but cost-saving and efficiency-producing solution to our military. What I am about to suggest will shock and outrage some, but I believe it is what will work.

I think it is time for Don to have a big, steaming cup of STFU. Only an green beanie would be so arrogant to suggest such a fairy tale would 'work'. Why does he think Marines have such esprit de corps? ...because we ain't the army... what a tool...

RLeon
05-07-08, 01:04 PM
Something this guy is missing and unless I am mistaken the US Marine Corps can be delpoyed by the President for a set amount of time w/o the approval of Congress. We are the only organized OPFOR that is able to do this. The Army has their Special Forces as does the Navy and the Air Force but they cannot bring th emanpower to bear that the Marine Corps can in a very fhort amount of time. Perhaps that is why we are called Expeditionary Forces in Readiness, Tip of the Spear etc etc.

Actually that's his point. He thinks the days of storming beaches and securing ports and naval bases are over, and by removing this from the Marines mission we become just an infantry force thus by his criteria we belong in the Army. As part of the Army the Marines would remain as an expeditionary force but with Army's support instead of the Navy.
:no:

How about to save money and improve efficiency we get rid of the Airforce and incorperate their abilities into the Navy and Marine Corps aviation.
:banana:

jetdawgg
05-07-08, 01:12 PM
http://images.tomshardware.com/2007/06/28/the_godfather_legacy/brando.jpg

"Make him (the author) an offer he can't refuse"

E5NAMKROW
05-07-08, 02:58 PM
Retreat Hell

jsc1345
05-07-08, 03:59 PM
:mad: :thumbdown I don't reply to anything much, but G#ddamn this fired my rockets!! I know now why this a#@hole is no longer in the Army or any other branch of service. The Corp is the Corp and is doing a fine job as always and will continue to do so as long as the Army doesn't try to fu#k it up! The Army doesn't have the motovation or spirit the Corp has, never has and never will, leave the Corps alone and try to fix your own sorry bunch!!!
Semper FI :flag:
Jim

brian barr
05-07-08, 04:16 PM
What an arrogant sob. He does not want OUR CORPS to become part of the army. He wants the army to become part of OUR CORPS> Remember, army stands for A'int:flag: Really Marines Yet.

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-07-08, 05:07 PM
My favorite part is his love affair with the green beenies. They are not trained as unconventional warfare any more than any of the other SOCOM type units are. They are trained to work with indigenous forces, and they do it very well. However, that isn't the entire cup of tea when considering non-direct action activities. When you get to the black ops type stuff, each component excels in their own way. To take away any of that ability is to take away from the effectiveness of the Special Operations Command.

It is a decent Army propaganda piece. You know they'd love to have three divisions of Marines as a part of their organization. Problem is, the Army would think they actually own the Marines, unlike the Navy now. It would just be a matter of time before Marine Recruit Training was co-ed and watered down, much like Army basic training.

darkgreen0311
05-07-08, 06:40 PM
I think he's taken to many round house kicks to the head.The guy is delirious.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

thedrifter
05-07-08, 07:02 PM
I just love it when You Marines express your feelings;)

Ellie

ExPISCDI83
05-07-08, 11:08 PM
I have a better idea, why not make the Army part of the Marine Corps?

jrhd97
05-07-08, 11:34 PM
I have a better idea, why not make the Army part of the Marine Corps?
It sure wouldn't hurt. Maybe then the Corps will quit have'n to bail the Army out time after time.

snickel777
06-18-09, 05:54 AM
Hold your breath... Here it comes... I am now in the N.G. working with the Army. This is a job and that is all to all of those I work with. They are willing to do their jobs but they are not sold out to it. The Marine Corps makes leaders from E1. The army does it's best to keep up but as I have witnessed, has no ability to do so. This guy is uninformed. Long story on why the Soul of this Marine is wearing the Army ACU. I can still out due my comrades in the Army no worries there.

JWDevilDog
06-18-09, 06:42 AM
What a crock. I can't believe I spent twenty minutes of my life reading that dribble.

What the f*ck would be the point of the Marine Corps if we were just another branch of the Army? Oh that's right, he answered that. To look good in our Blues.

Under his proposition, there really isn't any logical reason to keep the Marines around, in terms of a war.

He forgets that the army is an occupying force, while the Marine Corps is supposed to be a force of destruction. Granted, we can occupy too, but that's just because we are that d*mn good.

Personally I liked when this guy started talking about commissioned officers. He talks about how the officer has to send it up the chain before he can make a decision on the ground. Not in the Corps, brother. Our NCOs and SNCOs make decisions on the ground, on the small unit level. Yes, officers get involved too, of course, but our focus is more on the enlisted side, not on the higher.

Stupid, mindless, propaganda.