PDA

View Full Version : Devil Dogs Help Needed

Coda
04-23-08, 06:45 PM
I am going to be standing in front of 2000+ people saying the pledge of allegiance i will be in blues, should i stay at attention while saying it or salute or have right hand on heart...

i guess im panicking and looking into the fine details any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

OooRah!

ZSKI
04-23-08, 06:54 PM
I believe at the POA and rendering a hand salute would be apropriate since the hand over the heart is a civillian salute.

Petz
04-23-08, 06:59 PM
POA for sure!!!! you are in uniform! so now that I finished yelling like a crazy person.... yeah make sure you have your cover on... if you are in doors you won't wear the cover unless under arms... I.e. wearing the NCO sword (which you don't seem to rate if you are a lance). without a cover you stand at the POA.

Big Jim
04-23-08, 07:12 PM
POA for sure!!!! you are in uniform! so now that I finished yelling like a crazy person.... yeah make sure you have your cover on... if you are in doors you won't wear the cover unless under arms... I.e. wearing the NCO sword (which you don't seem to rate if you are a lance). without a cover you stand at the POA.

Yep...POA and hand salute if your head's covered....oh and its good to face the flag when you say all this...just a helpful hint to try and position the mike accordingly if you need to...

Coda
04-23-08, 07:50 PM
Thanks everyone,

This is why i love the corps always brothers in arms there to lend advice when needed..

Thank You

Petz
04-23-08, 08:11 PM
don't forget your gig line too!!! make it straight every time you stand up... it'll shift, it's not your service uniform.

Coda
04-23-08, 09:34 PM
rah sgt thanks for the heads up.

Petz
04-29-08, 10:03 PM
how'd it go?

Coda
08-04-08, 04:53 PM
sorry not been on in awhile, it went great! twice as many people as i thought would be there. I had afew other marines / NCO's and staff show up in blues to support which helped. but overall a great speach.

Thanks again for all the advice..