PDA

View Full Version : Looking for answers

ErisAngelus
04-22-08, 05:31 PM
My boyfriend has been talking about joining the military for a while. This week he made the choice to do so and signed up. He will be shipped out in July I think for boot camp. We are both collage students, I have about three years left.
Today he asked me to merry him, no rush or anything, he just want me to he engaged to him with the hope of being married in the next few years.I dont really know much about the Marines, except that they are the best at what they do.
I understand that the go to boot camp for 13 weeks, then have some kind of leave, then go to job school. After that they get their jobs. Is it possible to get Married after that? Or is it better to wait untill he is done with his four years.
I want to finish school, but how would I do that and follow him around. I guess I just need to hear from others to remind myself that it is ok. My home, farm, and horses are all here where I live... is it selfish to look at all this and not be able to see how to jus leave it all.
I am a working person, I cant live doing nothing and I dont want kids. There are working Marine wives right? Or should we just wait...

Marine84
04-22-08, 05:39 PM
Too many doubts.........................WAIT!

ErisAngelus
04-22-08, 05:43 PM
Well, I would quickly agree, but I have the same number of doubts about what to eat in the morning.

darkgreen0311
04-22-08, 05:52 PM
I agree with Marine 84 if unsure wait. I was married the last two years that i was in my wife worked. You can also work or go to college where ever he may be stationed at It's not impossible it can be done.......Good luck with your decision.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-22-08, 06:07 PM
I don't want to be "that guy", but, when you said "We are both college students..." you spelled college wrong. Sorry, it's been like that spot on the chalkboard all day that hadn't been erased. Sorry everyone. Carry On.
:)