PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About MCT

zeppedled
04-21-08, 11:05 PM
So I leave for MCT (west coast) tomorrow and I have been fed a few different words on what I can and cannot bring. I have been told that Yes we can bring Items such as a laptop and what not however I have been also told that we should not. Anyone know if we should or shouldnt bring one? it would definitely be nice to have for Liberty (if we get any, i have read that it doesnt always happen). either way if anyone can help I would greatly apprecitate it. thanks.

testforecho2112
04-21-08, 11:20 PM
I wouldnt bring anything you cant risk losing! When you are in the field, which is often you will leave the rest of your stuff in your barracks...Not sure if MCT'ers are still using the huts across from supply or not, but in my day, you locked your sea bag to your rack. I would wait on bringing your lap top until you get to your MOS school! Just bring all of your issued gear. Liberty was one or two days, from what I remember, I was in SOI at the time, but had friends from boot who I would go over and visit with...

Good luck with the jolley green giant, mt. motherfvcker and the micro wave!

Merc6432
04-21-08, 11:53 PM
Ditto... Take only your issued gear. You won't need anything else until you get to MOS School and then you can have your parents ship it to you if need be.

kbs95125
04-22-08, 02:01 PM
MCT gets wall lockers now, but as far as I know they were only getting some libo on Sundays, sometimes. Like L/Cpl said, I'd recommend you just hold off and have it shipped to you at your MOS school...