PDA

View Full Version : Welp, In Less than a Month...

hemiman
04-20-08, 05:23 PM
...I should officially be a Poolee of the United States Marine Corps. My recruiter and I have become pretty close, as i have been going up there every tuesday for PT, (Everyone meets up there Poolees, wannabees that are old enough to sign or very close) He said he wants to come over May 1st and talk to my parents and hopefully get me signed. At this point my parents support me as it is my future and this is what i want to do. Im really excited, to think just last year when i started going up to the recruiting station "thinking about it" and now getting one step closer to becoming a Marine. I took the practice asvab and scored a 66, i was kinda disapointed but my recruiter said that was good? idk.. hopefully i'll do better on the real one.

Well, just wanted to share the good news!

Donut Brigade
04-20-08, 05:33 PM
Congrats, what MOS are you interested in? 66 should qualify you for any job. I scored 70 on the practice and 84 and the real one; if you have more than three interconnecting brain cells you should't worry about the ASVAB at all.

hemiman
04-20-08, 05:58 PM
Im pretty sure i want to go 03 Infantry, but when the time comes im going to give everything a concideration. But yea more than likely Infantry haha.

KevinR90
04-21-08, 02:04 PM
your recruiter probably told you you score higher than what you get on the ASVAB practice test- I got a 74 on the practice and an 89 on the real one. Anything around a 70 will get you most jobs.

Good luck with infantry.